Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE and East Anglia generalweather discussion 08/11/2017 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heat, Cold, Sun

Raining in Ampthill, Bedfordshire.

snow melt underway. What a difference a day makes. 

Only in the UK 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

For those on a Mbl (Blackboys, E Sussx)

Moderate  rain but temperature falling steadily. Down to 1.3 now from 2 earlier.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, storms or both at same time..

still peeing down with rain here (Haywards Heath, West Sussex) my garden weather station has recorded 3.6mm of rain already, since 5:46am when it started.

Temp was 3c when rain started, its now dropped a little to 2.2c, DP 2.0c

Met office have me down for heavy snow in couple of hours time, temps dropping the right way so could happen... but will be wasted on the wet ground I guess :(

Edited by Rob Deacon

Was snowing here in Brentwood, but mow back to rain, I hope the BBC and met office, forecast is correct, if the temp is 0c as shown there is the possibility of settling snow, if as shown it snows from 11/12 right until 7pm, just a possibility, I think the low needs to move off the the east before dew points and temperature make that small but significant drop. I say this as the temperature is forecast for 0c for 4 hours, allowing the ground to drop below freezing, even if the ground is saturated the slush will remain and snow settles on top, which is horrible snow as is horrible and wet but it’s still something 

Edited by Justin Miller

Posted
  • Location: Mostly Watford but 3 months of the year at Capestang 34310, France
  • Weather Preferences: Continental type climate with lots of sunshine with occasional storm
  • Location: Mostly Watford but 3 months of the year at Capestang 34310, France

Rain at Watford +1.8C - nasty 'orrible morning.

Posted

Decent snowfall in E.Hampshire though its now more sleety. On grass before the sleet kicked in there was about 2cms on grass, just a light dusting on roads due to marginality.

Compared to others I feel very lucky with what we have had. Dreadful weather now though!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow and ice days

On the plus side guys, 2 weeks till Christmas!

Over and out for now from snowy Hailsham.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

Would have been better if this system just missed us. We’d had no rain and more chance of keeping the snow intact 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Location: IN THE FOOT HILLS AND DENSELY FORESTED AREAS OF TUNBRIDGE WELLS IN KENT
  • Weather Preferences: I like a bit of weather
  • Location: IN THE FOOT HILLS AND DENSELY FORESTED AREAS OF TUNBRIDGE WELLS IN KENT
4 minutes ago, lawrenk said:

On the plus side guys, 2 weeks till Christmas!

Over and out for now from snowy Hailsham.

Hello Lawrenk - is it snowing in Hailsham.  I'm at work in Tunbridge Wells and our Manager comes from Heathfield... she will not want to be stuck Tunbridge Wells as she has come in on the bus.  Can you advise please.

Posted
1 minute ago, pureasthedriven said:

You top or bottom of Reigate Hill? 

Down by Earlswood Lakes at the mo - traffic not moving - goes sleety and then more like snow!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms and Snow, lots of snow...
18 minutes ago, Kent Blizzard said:

What a waste of precipitation with a NE'ly  :wallbash:

I know right...walking my kids to the  school bus was bloody awful this morning, horizontal rain, its stupid windy out, i said to my eldest if it was cold enough this rain would hve been heavy snow and would have caused an awesome snow blizzard with massive snow drifts...

Am proper gutted all we got was rain, again.

5 Years now and fed up with chasing snow.

Im in the southeast Kent on Romney Marsh.

Edited by Snow Slave
spelling
  • Like 2