Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE and East Anglia generalweather discussion 08/11/2017 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

From looking at satellite can anyone tell whether the low is north or south of where thought. I'm not sure my self.

Posted

It looks like it's going past the tip of Cornwall and steaming into the channel unless it corrects due east but hasn't looked to take that trajectory yet. The fact that the system is sliding and the snow seems at the moment to be on the line in a diagonal slice across Ireland and the the UK with London giving back snow returns on the radar could London stay in the all snow or will it change back to rain. I imagine if the low carries on in the direction it is currently that many more will get a good dump 

Nothing falling here in Reading just yet but I imagine anything that does will fall as snow for a while. DP still -2C here and Wet bulb temp still just below freezing. This morning the forecast was for us to reach 7C tomorrow, now only showing a max of 3C, and only 1C from midday onward. Just shows that anything can happen in situations like this, especially where the temperature gradient is so large

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

Still nothing falling here so off to bed. Forecast reckons it should be snowing now so I don't hold out much hope for its accuracy for tomorrow ? Don't think I've ever invested so much emotion in a few flakes before! Night, all...good luck for everyone tomorrow!

Posted
2 minutes ago, ReindeerMarmalade said:

Still nothing falling here so off to bed. Forecast reckons it should be snowing now so I don't hold out much hope for its accuracy for tomorrow ? Don't think I've ever invested so much emotion in a few flakes before! Night, all...good luck for everyone tomorrow!

Here I’m Binfield we have sleet falling. No doubt it’ll be rain soon 

• Like 1

Posted

Anyone know how accurate weather channel is on the iPhone If it’s average then this is saying it should be near me or over me by 4am , oh well ? another 2 hour wait ?

81B02742-8158-49BF-9968-4EEC667385AB.jpeg

Edited by Angel Wings

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

I think it's rain here can't tell, just assuming if it was snow I'd see it. Very light though. Night all.

Edited by alexisj9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms
5 minutes ago, CK1981 said:

Here I’m Binfield we have sleet falling. No doubt it’ll be rain soon 

I'm a bit south from you, about 45 mins away. Nothing here at all but I've brought a torch up to bed with me to try to see something ? Desperate, moi?

Posted

Don’t lose hope if it’s raining now.. my app has changed significantly to think less than 24 hours ago it was all rain this has really snuck up. 

3BBE1A35-042F-48DC-BADC-BDBF22A2BC69.thumb.png.b0165f921af03b8c7594ebad41f50039.png

• Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, Daniel* said:

Don’t lose hope if it’s raining now.. my app has changed significantly to think less than 24 hours ago it was all rain this has really snuck up. 

3BBE1A35-042F-48DC-BADC-BDBF22A2BC69.thumb.png.b0165f921af03b8c7594ebad41f50039.png

I’m in the precipitation now, so will keep you updated 

• Thanks 1

Posted
3 minutes ago, CK1981 said:

I’m in the precipitation now, so will keep you updated 

Cheers.

My worry is that with widely ground temps below freezing any rain will freeze on impact creating an ice rink. Your location on the other hand it looks like it will start as snow and end as snow.

Posted
6 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

wake me up when we get an easterly with -12 uppers, sick of all this marginal crap

It isn’t really marginal if you’re on the right side of things temperature will be barely above freezing all day. 

• Like 1

Posted
5 minutes ago, Daniel* said:

Cheers.

My worry is that with widely ground temps below freezing any rain will freeze on impact creating an ice rink. Your location on the other hand it looks like it will start as snow and end as snow.

Very sleety now. I’m not feeling hopeful :( 

Posted

I can’t believe Met Office have not dragged the amber zone S.. the trend is to place heaviest snowfall just to the north of London looks good for East Anglia. 

F0CB9739-52B9-4E86-BB45-628EFFC547F5.thumb.jpeg.06a85d51b3cbbe6e8387bcce6fc85c48.jpeg

Posted
3 minutes ago, CK1981 said:

Very sleety now. I’m not feeling hopeful :( 

Eek well you’ll definitely see it turn to snow! Keep the faith :) 

Thats a good indication high up is geared more to snow compared to bog standard rain. I expect also heavier PPN will also push down the snow level, so sleety light stuff at this stage isn’t a worry.

Edited by Daniel*