Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE and East Anglia generalweather discussion 08/11/2017 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.
19 minutes ago, Brocken Spectre said:

BBC guys (ie after the news) are all (most??) Met Office Metrologist that present on TV.....Unlike the ones on local or ITV Meridian

They still can't give their own opinions though can they, just second rate actors, all controlled like everything is. And everything has been dumbed down, no proper weather charts or brief explanation, just poor or vague graphics. Francis was the 1st of this breed of crap weather forecasters in the late 70's and their 6 hour slots or shows what ever they call them. :nonono:

Posted

ukmo website predicts plenty of rain to begin with before becoming increasingly wintry north of London. Don't be surprised to get up to a dank wet sleety picture first thing.  Some of the high res modelling agrees with this 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers but not too hot and colder winters with frost and snow
11 minutes ago, FiftyShadesofWine said:

Let's hope the 15,000 Spurs crowd ,shocking attendance, at the 90,000 stadium today froze their nuts off:hi:

I was there with the other 62201 lol!!And yes i did freeze my nuts off:cold: 

Posted
1 minute ago, snowray said:

Francis was the 1st of this breed of crap weather forecasters in the late 70's and their 6 hour slots or shows what ever they call them. :nonono:

Francis Wilson is/was a highly qualified Metrologist and not just a "presenter".

• Like 1

Posted

For all us snow starved southerners just thought I’d share this pic I shot....oh to be back here. Here’s to this winter bringing something close to this 

45213292-388B-4A4A-A08B-778D3B02D0D4.png

Posted

I guess it’s a matter of watching the radar now to see where everything is heading. I really hope we get a covering here in Berkshire, not only for the big kid in me, but for my Niece and Nephew (aged 4 and 6) who are yet to see snow on the ground.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: April!
2 minutes ago, bluearmy said:

ukmo website predicts plenty of rain to begin with before becoming increasingly wintry north of London. Don't be surprised to get up to a dank wet sleety picture first thing.  Some of the high res modelling agrees with this 

Yes, NMM, ARPEGE, HIRLAM all showing main snow risk for prone areas as being between 9am and midday. Before that, it's more of a rainy affair.

Posted
6 minutes ago, bluearmy said:

Argh, it's all so tight for us! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow (but who doesnt like that)

Metcheck are forecasting snow at my house Christmas day :yahoo::rofl::rofl: even I can forecast what will actually happen with that one.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy or sunny but not too hot!
23 minutes ago, Mark N said:

I was there! Bloody freezing, frost in one goalmouth. Yeah we were hanging on towards the end, last few weeks has taken its toll and you certainly went for it! 

Hello Mark

I trust you are well. You did us (Chelmsford City) a favour today by drawing with St Albans City. We managed to beat Gloucester away 2 nil today which puts us in 5th place just 2 points behind the leaders but we have a game in hand. It is all very close, and a better result than when you played us at Melbourne Park a few weeks back. 

Am hour ago I had to go out in the car and the windows were covered in ice, although there was patchy cloud, which should keep the temperature up a bit if it persists.

Tomorrow my wife and I are driving up to Godmanchester to visit our son and then on to Stamford in Lincolnshire hoping we do not get  stranded up there. It does look a bot dodgy for travelling and so we will have to play it by ear.

Kind regards

Dave

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow
1 minute ago, claret047 said:

Hello Mark

I trust you are well. You did us (Chelmsford City) a favour today by drawing with St Albans City. We managed to beat Gloucester away 2 nil today which puts us in 5th place just 2 points behind the leaders but we have a game in hand. It is all very close, and a better result than when you played us at Melbourne Park a few weeks back. 

Am hour ago I had to go out in the car and the windows were covered in ice, although there was patchy cloud, which should keep the temperature up a bit if it persists.

Tomorrow my wife and I are driving up to Godmanchester to visit our son and then on to Stamford in Lincolnshire hoping we do not get  stranded up there. It does look a bot dodgy for travelling and so we will have to play it by ear.

Kind regards

Dave

Hi Dave. Yes well, thank you! Yes a good point for us, we are unbeaten in 6 now in league, just above relegation zone, play Gloucester twice over xmas hoping to do the double and pull away! Very tight league at top and now towards bottom. 

Posted
16 minutes ago, Brocken Spectre said:

Francis Wilson is/was a highly qualified Metrologist and not just a "presenter".

Here's the Wiki link re Francis Wilson  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Francis_Wilson_(meteorologist)

Posted
7 minutes ago, claret047 said:

Hello Mark

Kind regards

Dave

Hi Dave

Just gotta love the inserted football chat in here, although after getting spanked 4-1 by Orient toady I am not talking about the subject :(

As for the snow, here is Sevenoaks we are probably too far south to see anything, although I am near the top of the Downs, so maybe if I get chair and stand on it, I might get some sleet if I am lucky?      

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms and Snow, lots of snow...
3 hours ago, norfolksnow said:

Maybe the mods could split this thread into three counties as per last year?

as south east takes in to much area

Thanks Jason

agreed

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

Yellow snow warning just updated to include London, Berks etc

IMG_0507.PNG

Edited by ReindeerMarmalade

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.
32 minutes ago, Brocken Spectre said:

Hehe really?:rofl:

Posted
3 minutes ago, ReindeerMarmalade said:

IMG_0507.PNG

Wow. They really word it as 'Yellow Snow' now do they

Think I might give going outside in that a miss to be honest

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy
2 minutes ago, snowking said:

Yeah they could have at least put a hyphen or a colon between the words lol

Posted
18 minutes ago, yamkin said:

Here's the Wiki link re Francis Wilson  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Francis_Wilson_(meteorologist)

He may have had the qualifications, but he b*g*red up so many forecasts, he was a presenter at the end of the day, girls loved him, he had a certain charm. 

Posted
Just now, snowking said:

yellow snow warning - dont eat yellow snow.

yellow wind?.... well thats a vindaloo follow through....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms
5 minutes ago, snowking said:

Arguably better than 'yellow wind'?

@bobbydog beat me to it ?

Edited by ReindeerMarmalade
  • Like 1

Posted
Just now, snowray said:

He may have had the qualifications, but he b*g*red up so many forecasts, he was a presenter at the end of the day, girls loved him, he had a certain charm. 

He fronted a video for schools about electricity once and my science teacher Miss Powell played it to use three times in one year.

That extended yellow warning brings us Wycombe folk into the snow warning. Sometimes quite a difference between the hills and valleys though, will this be one of those times?

Posted
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)
12 minutes ago, ReindeerMarmalade said:

IMG_0507.PNG

Overlap of the high winds and snow for my locale in London, could be interesting! Blizzards on the Berkshire Downs and Chilterns too?

Edited by Nick F
  • Like 3

Posted
Just now, Nick L said:

Kings Lynn is probably a touch on the northern side, but I reckon you could still get a light covering.

Yes but looking at the radar ect over ireland at present,it would need a hell of a push south not to reach us here?

as per met office update also

Thanks Jason