Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE and East Anglia generalweather discussion 08/11/2017 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep cold
25 minutes ago, Surrey said:

Just imagine if this all goes t*** up and something totally different than predicted happens like South west end up with snow lol improbably I know :rofl:

Or no one gets any snow :pardon:

just saying........

• Like 2

Posted
4 minutes ago, username home said:

I have told my wife that she could be getting a couple of inches tomorrow morning. She is very excited!

She might not get as much as she thought was coming! 

58A2A1E3-3E81-4C7A-BB93-0B5CB3CD4ED3.thumb.jpeg.ef28c09cee250a915c1cb3529489fea7.jpeg

• Like 1

Posted
16 minutes ago, username home said:

I have told my wife that she could be getting a couple of inches tomorrow morning. She is very excited!

do people really think they are making a ground breaking original joke when they post this?

• Like 1

Posted

summer sun over on the mad thread has just quoted this...".Arpege looks the best call for Monday with the rain restricted to the south and SE on Monday", best call ! I dont know about that

Posted
18 minutes ago, PLANET THANET said:

summer sun over on the mad thread has just quoted this...".Arpege looks the best call for Monday with the rain restricted to the south and SE on Monday", best call ! I dont know about that

Heavy back edge snow is a distinct possibility as advertised by GFS 06z. What happens on Monday is a direct knock on effect from Sunday’s slider so until then who knows what’s coming.

76BA2F5C-9497-49B1-9076-68DF000CE9E7.thumb.jpeg.fd93df0fc35d24ca96b1a57cdce2cbda.jpeg

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms
10 hours ago, ReindeerMarmalade said:

Sleet's back for Monday, and this time it's for a full 12 hours. And a bit early Sunday morning. It'll change again shortly ?

Downgrade again on MetO and NW now in line too - brief amount of sleet Monday. Interestingly, the forecast for my workplace in Wilts no longer has any sleet at all. I daren't check the models today.

Posted
  • Location: Saltdean,Nr Brighton,East Sussex,Hither Green,SE London.
1 minute ago, Daniel* said:

Heavy back edge snow is a distinct possibility as advertised by GFS 06z. What happens on Monday is a direct knock on effect from Sunday’s slider so until then who knows what’s coming.

76BA2F5C-9497-49B1-9076-68DF000CE9E7.thumb.jpeg.fd93df0fc35d24ca96b1a57cdce2cbda.jpeg

The ECM  and GFS  both touting back edge blizzard conditions down on the SE coast Monday afternoon,might not stick,but going from expecting nothing to this is quite somehing!.

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, sunnijim said:

The ECM  and GFS  both touting back edge blizzard conditions down on the SE coast Monday afternoon,might not stick,but going from expecting nothing to this is quite somehing!.

With heavy snowfall I’m rather certain it will stick readily once the transition occurs it may be the most memorable event of the winter here’s hoping! :) 

Edited by Daniel*
  • Like 3

Posted

Temp here still -1.6c up from a low of -2.0 despite the wall to wall sunshine.

if there is enough snow here tomorrow to build a modest snowman with my 5 year old daughter I will be happy and she will be ecstatic. A couple of cms should do it. The only snow she's experienced was the very thin icy covering we got last Jan from the brief back edge snow and she got really excited then. It's looking tantalisingly close and I think tomorrow is the best chance all the forecasts I've seen for Monday suggest rain. Things keep changing so who knows, going to be a now cast job.

• Like 1

Posted
10 minutes ago, Daniel* said:

With heavy snowfall I’m rather certain it will stick readily once the transition occurs it may be the most memorable event of the winter here’s hoping! :) 

Haha,well certainly better than anything last winter which was a borefest from start to finish if you like any sort of extreme weather!

I'm hoping it won't be the most memorable event of this Winter though, (I'm sure you meant winter so far....)

• Like 2

Posted
16 minutes ago, Daniel* said:

its lovely to be so optimistic, lets hope it happens

• Like 1

Posted
3 minutes ago, sunnijim said:

Haha,well certainly better than anything last winter which was a borefest from start to finish if you like any sort of extreme weather!

I'm hoping it won't be the most memorable event of this Winter though, (I'm sure you meant winter so far....)

Yep although last winter there were plenty of frosts, bit strange to say considering winter up to now is in the newborn stage. Coldest night of the winter this is good for the day(s) ahead. :whistling:

Posted
8 minutes ago, PLANET THANET said:

its lovely to be so optimistic, lets hope it happens

‘Tis hard to be optimistic when you’ve pulled a muscle in your back. Agony. Glass half full sort of person I am. 

Posted
1 hour ago, Daniel* said:

We tend to see these southern adjustments makes it really interesting for us.

Gales and Ice cold rain. Who’s laughing now, Midlanders?

Posted

The higher resolution NetWx-SR similarly a mess looking interesting however! Leading edge sleet and snow which turns to rain and then back to snow for some..

8944626B-14C5-41BE-A1FE-5494A5EE8073.thumb.png.a3e996bb2b2a8ff4c55543b4c386d87d.pngD9F2FA36-4CAA-4A09-A6C3-931C498CD0CF.thumb.png.1c660a8896557a70348f097bb67964db.png5FAD9D46-9A3B-4D52-B82E-6C8C4E9D69C9.thumb.png.2932df67c0bcdcdb6843be5fb6af1952.png

Edited by Daniel*

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, snow and more snow

Northampton missed out completely on the midlands snowfest yesterday so i am hoping we will get something out of sundays snowfall.....please.  i dont think i could take another disappointment.  at least we've got an upgrade from yesterdays forecast which was heavy sleet and now its heavy snow.  Please come to fruition and dont downgrade now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love a bit of snow

Hoping elevation in biggin Hill may keep it as sleet instead of rain

but I fear it will be too warm sadly

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
9 minutes ago, Daniel* said:

The higher resolution NetWx-SR similarly a mess looking interesting however! Leading edge sleet and snow which turns to rain and then back to snow for some..

8944626B-14C5-41BE-A1FE-5494A5EE8073.thumb.png.a3e996bb2b2a8ff4c55543b4c386d87d.pngD9F2FA36-4CAA-4A09-A6C3-931C498CD0CF.thumb.png.1c660a8896557a70348f097bb67964db.png5FAD9D46-9A3B-4D52-B82E-6C8C4E9D69C9.thumb.png.2932df67c0bcdcdb6843be5fb6af1952.png

I'm liking the fact the bottom model gives us snow and then sleet, Don't mind that as ong as it' the type of sleet where you get snowflakes mixed with rain as opposed to wet ice plopping down. Bet it will be the latter though, if this is what happens.

Posted

Met Office graphics give us snow of varying degrees from 06.00 to 22.00

Believe that when I see it or not!!

Clear night Mist Cloudy Overcast Overcast Light snow Heavy snow Heavy snow Heavy snow Heavy snow Heavy snow Heavy snow Heavy snow Heavy snow Light snow Light snow Light snow Light snow Light snow Light snow Light snow Light snow Light snow Overcast
<5% 20% 10% 10% 10% 70% 90% 90% 90% 90% ≥95% ≥95% 90% 80% 60% 60% 50% 50% 50% 50% 50% 50% 50% 20%
Temperature (°C)
-2 ° -2 ° -2 ° -2 ° -1 ° 0 ° 0 ° 0 ° 0 ° 1 ° 1 ° 1 ° 1 ° 1 ° 1 ° 1 ° 1 ° 1 ° 1 ° 1 ° 1 ° 1 ° 1 °

%     10% 70% 90% 90% 90% 90% ≥95% ≥95% 90% 80% 60% 60% 50% 50% 50% 50% 50% 50% 50% 20%

- -2 ° -2 ° -1 ° 0 ° 0 ° 0 ° 0 ° 1 ° 1 ° 1 ° 1 ° 1 ° 1 ° 1 ° 1 ° 1 ° 1 ° 1 ° 1 ° 1 ° 1 ° 0 °

Edited by huntso
  • Like 1

Posted
15 minutes ago, snow freak said:

Northampton missed out completely on the midlands snowfest yesterday so i am hoping we will get something out of sundays snowfall.....please.  i dont think i could take another disappointment.  at least we've got an upgrade from yesterdays forecast which was heavy sleet and now its heavy snow.  Please come to fruition and dont downgrade now.

Yesterday was pretty localised just persistent showers, It’s looking great all models bring significant snowfall to your area, are you not in the Amber? Looking good for you too @huntso believe! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: April!

HIRLAM 06Z still keen on a period of heavy sleet or snow for East Anglia during Sunday morning. The further inland you are the more likely it is to be snow. Still likely to be that dreaded "wintry mix" for locations like mine which are quite close to the coast.

IMG_0770.PNG

IMG_0771.PNG