Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE and East Anglia generalweather discussion 08/11/2017 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe frosts, Heavy snowfall, Thunder and lightning, Stormy weather

I don' think South Ockendon will get snow as the area seems to have an unique climate.  Sometimes South Ockendon, gets the weather forecasted for Romford and other times we get the weather forecasted for Southend.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal
2 hours ago, shotski said:

Brilliant, must be great doing photography when you’ve just had some fresh snowfall. Let’s hope that if your doing any weddings this weekend there true “white ones” 

:cold:

Sadly this has yet to happen at a wedding, snow is such an amazing diffuser the light is ridiculously flattering! I have taken a few portraits though of people about on snow days and it has led to a few bookings. 
I have one next week and Christmas week so fingers crossed. 
If not I know a few people in Canada, I travel abroad for weddings now and then, so if they ever tie the knot I'm on a plane! 

Edited by moogyboobles
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

How odd, once the squall went through it was very sunny and calm. It felt warm:shok: so warm that i was out in short sleeves and flies were partying in my cat's dinner.:shok:

Edited by lassie23
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Cold/Snowy Winter! Just SEASONAL!!

It's all just going to be rain isn't it??!!! Wwwaaaahhhhh!!!x

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Snow and more Snow!
25 minutes ago, weathergeek said:

It's all just going to be rain isn't it??!!! Wwwaaaahhhhh!!!x

It’s nearly 3 days away. That’s an eternity!!

Posted

Interesting day of weather here in north Essex with a marked change in temperature throughout the day. It started very mild and windy and was 11c on the drive into work. As the squall lime passed through late morning the temperature dropped very quickly to 7c and you could instantly feel the change in airmass. Now cool at 5c but still breezy and dropping slowly.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Days and a little Snow.

Check the 12Z  WRF brings the bad boy right across our region including those in East Kent :rofl:

...just down a wee dribble with excitement , that's not an excuse to bring out yesterdays filth in this thread :rofl:

Edited by Kent Blizzard
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Copious amounts of snow and ice days

Has anybody managed to view the most up to date fax charts? I was wondering whether the trough shown to pass over this region in the early hours tomorrow was still likely to happen?

If it does exist are we likely to get a dusting from it?

Posted

Could someone explain this chart to me in idiot terms. I'm trying to teach myself using the internet....

I'm new and trying...

sunday.png

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms,

Well this "cold spell" is looking increasingly wet for the South-East. I can't see any real snowfall for us at all as things currently stand.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything and everything

So my 7 day forecast on here, is showing a 50% snow chance after midnight tonight/tomorrow, (early hours). I wasn't even going to come on and look as I wasn't expecting anything at least until Sat/Sun judging from what I saw the other day. I should know better by now, how much and how quickly things change day by day, and hour by hour sometimes. Well it looks like I best spend some time this evening now reading and catching up and seeing what is happening. Would be lovely to see a little of the white stiff falling before I go to bed tonight, but something tells me not to get my hopes up. 

Edited by Hearts in Herts

Posted

the 12z ecm run takes the snow risk about 30 miles north of the 00z run so the northern extremes of the home counties only (and north of there obs). you will soon see snow charts for Monday from ecm showing a fair old blizzard for se England - this is currently unlikely but not impossible. I think its mainly due to the intensity of the precipitation taking the freezing level down to the surface. predicting intensity of precipitation is tough at 12 hours, never mind 96! don't go rushing out and clearing the shelves just yet!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, storms or both at same time..

us_model-en-087-0_modez_2017120712_99_4855_215.png.d01fe4b9903151d47902400ba8af5a5a.png

just saw this posted in the MOD thread, not a bad snow accumulation chart for Monday from the ECM :) Getting on for 12 inches in the south lol, or am i reading that wrong?

• Like 1

Posted
9 minutes ago, Danny* said:

Well this "cold spell" is looking increasingly wet for the South-East. I can't see any real snowfall for us at all as things currently stand.

When do you say this cold spell ends? I can see and as stated few days ago Sunday but now Potentially by end of Monday is interesting for us, look at the ECM!

Edited by Kent Blizzard

Posted
1 minute ago, Rob Deacon said:

us_model-en-087-0_modez_2017120712_99_4855_215.png.d01fe4b9903151d47902400ba8af5a5a.png

just saw this posted in the MOD thread, not a bad snow accumulation chart for Monday from the ECM :) Getting on for 12 inches in the south lol, or am i reading that wrong?

We can dream but I'll eat my (snow) hat if that comes off! 

Clearer here now and down to 5.8c after a very wet and windy day

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep cold
3 minutes ago, Rob Deacon said:

Take a look at Blue Army’s post above, tells you all you need to know about that chart. 

Posted
5 minutes ago, Rob Deacon said:

12 inches alright. Brings us back to yesterday's filth :D.... All we need now is a Murr Sausage!

• Like 1