Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE and East Anglia generalweather discussion 08/11/2017 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Just now, yamkin said:

I remember a few years back when there was a Cheshire Gap Streamer and many said including the MetO it would not reach London/Kent........Guess what, it did and gave a good covering of snow.

Fingers crossed it happens again! What do we need for the streamer to make it's way through to London/Kent? 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

Having a real christmasy day sunday, so if it snows i will be more than made up.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep cold

I'm not happy, in fact I'm quite sad one post says it’s gone South another one says it’s gone north ??

it hasn’t gone anywhere yet because it hasn’t even arrived. Peolple celebrate or bemoan every run as if it’s going to happen exactly as is. Sunday morning I’ll take a bit more interest in the position of the slider. 

• Like 3

Posted
32 minutes ago, Daniel* said:

Indeed it does snow ‘line’ is further S ARPEGE is a great short term model it gives me hope. 

It looks like a 50 mile shift (I could be wrong though). If that’s the case, the snow line will be well south of the dreaded M4!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms,
30 minutes ago, yamkin said:

I remember a few years back when there was a Cheshire Gap Streamer and many said including the MetO it would not reach London/Kent........Guess what, it did and gave a good covering of snow.

I think I remember that too, BBC South-East Today Kaddy-Lee Preston had to give an explanation on what happened and why the forecast for no snow the previous night had been so wrong.

Just a little further South will bring the South-East into the game on Sunday, the fact APERGE is further South gives some encouragement, though as it stands currently, the SE will be more of a washout whilst those North of the River, East Anglia etc.. see snowfall.

Come on slider, just this once, go right for our little snowless region!

Edited by Danny*
  • Like 4

Posted
Just now, shotski said:

I'm not happy, in fact I'm quite sad one post says it’s gone South another one says it’s gone north ??

it hasn’t gone anywhere yet because it hasn’t even arrived. Peolple celebrate or bemoan every run as if it’s going to happen exactly as is. Sunday morning I’ll take a bit more interest in the position of the slider. 

Well different models are showing different things. The ARPEGE shows a continuity with its southerly track it’s even a tad further south on 06z for us, so that’s good as does NAVGEM the EC takes the low more South West too. GFS 06z is clear to me a complete outlier, with nothing even for the Midlands. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warmth, sun, blue sky, and the odd bit of snow on a weekend would do nicely
3 minutes ago, shotski said:

Totally agree so many people saying wish I was further south or north lol, end of the day it will either be a complete con! Or a snow fest, only way is to look ? outside Sunday to see we either have ❄️ or ? then moan then lol

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow and ice days
55 minutes ago, Ed Stone said:

Being only a few miles west of Lowestsaaft, I'm slightly optimistic of seeing either a Norfolk Nibbler or a Suffolk Slapper during tonight and tomorrow...fingers crossed!:yahoo:

Hopefully you’ll see some snow as well.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Having been taking in information for what seems like an eternity, I'm expecting sleet to fall this Sunday; Beccles is just too close to the North Sea, for snow, on this occasion...:search:

Posted

Interestingly the Beeb have sat 16th with temps maxing out at 2 degrees :cold:

on a westerly wind ??!??:fool: :cc_confused:

71CF13B3-DC29-4B0D-BBA1-AE8260C8D3C1.png

Posted
34 minutes ago, CK1981 said:

It looks like a 50 mile shift (I could be wrong though). If that’s the case, the snow line will be well south of the dreaded M4!

Not quite as simple as that with milder air mixed in but it’s always possible.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal

The radar is so helpful, perfectly timed my trip to the Christmas tree farm to fit in before this squall. 
I also use it in my job all the time. 

• Like 1

Posted
10 minutes ago, steveinsussex said:

Not quite as simple as that with milder air mixed in but it’s always possible.

I do hope so as I’m 2 miles south of the M4 ?

Posted
9 minutes ago, moogyboobles said:

The radar is so helpful, perfectly timed my trip to the Christmas tree farm to fit in before this squall. 
I also use it in my job all the time. 

What’s your job, if you don’t mind me asking ?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal
20 minutes ago, shotski said:

What’s your job, if you don’t mind me asking ?

Wedding and music photographer.
I always check the radar which helps, I can tell the couple we need to get a move on with the outside group pictures now because it's going to chuck it down in 5 minutes. Which happened a lot this summer. 

Obviously snow is a joy for me, I really miss taking snow pictures up radar hill and sledging back down.

• Like 1

Posted

I feel like the odds of there been lying snow in central London is next to none.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snowy Winters, Hot and Sunny Summers - Never Mild!
3 minutes ago, Cheese Rice said:

I feel like the odds of there been lying snow in central London is next to none.

I feel your pains mate.

Maybe we'll get some sleet if we're lucky. :rofl:

Who knows though? We might get a few surprises over the coming days....