Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE and East Anglia generalweather discussion 08/11/2017 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, and wind storms

Quite blowy here this morning, with gusts of around 45-50mph.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy Snow
7 minutes ago, shotski said:

I think I might apply to join the Midlands thread, think I may just squeeze in :D

This thread has the lowest posts.. Hmm can't think why 

Posted
10 hours ago, yamkin said:

Wind gusts will increase during the night and start peaking around 40-50 mph from midnight to 07:00 hrs +/-

That was accurate, we had quite a strong storm here from about 5am till half an hour ago, things were making a noise blowing about in the street.

Posted

Northern Home Counties coming into the Sunday snow zone zone as the overnight runs tend to slide the fronts se more than pushing through 

I imagine this thread will become busier over the next 48 hours and hopefully with some pictorial contributions although that remains a very tricky call  

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
5 minutes ago, bluearmy said:

Northern Home Counties coming into the Sunday snow zone zone as the overnight runs tend to slide the fronts se more than pushing through 

I imagine this thread will become busier over the next 48 hours and hopefully with some pictorial contributions although that remains a very tricky call  

Not looking good for my drive up to Banbury on Sunday, my area looks wet but up there looks like getting a right dumping!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Frosty Mornings
25 minutes ago, bluearmy said:

Hoping for some in the no-snow zone of Huntingdon but I am not getting my hopes up!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Days and a little Snow.

Temperatures will feel quite different in 12hrs or so :cold: For most of us we won't see temperatures higher than about 5/6*c for a good week or so.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Days and a little Snow.
2 minutes ago, steveinsussex said:

I’m feeling quite optimistic for Sunday, honestly believe it will shift south as we get closer 

Hold the front pages! Shock horror Steve is optimistic :pardon:...you feeling ok Steve? :rofl:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow,thunder,tornados

Really not expecting anything over the next few days,feel we need a good old fashioned north-easterly here,still loads of time left,but it is annoying when you miss out

Posted
16 minutes ago, steveinsussex said:

I’m feeling quite optimistic for Sunday, honestly believe it will shift south as we get closer 

Am I seeing things? :D

Our East Anglia friends look to see some significant snowfall.. ARPEGE has shifted the slider low center ~150 miles S from the 12z it will not take a big shift S for south of the M4 to come into this. 

A2EACF92-98D7-456B-9B03-D0E63D531C0F.thumb.jpeg.f485fb64a00b26df052fe753b3493518.jpegDD988A86-C732-4595-BBF6-D0D0F4055103.thumb.jpeg.ae420d9c8ffe25a24ff29cbbc1058bd8.jpeg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Snow and more Snow!

It's really blowing about here, horrible fine rain coming down and drenching everything.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe frosts, Heavy snowfall, Thunder and lightning, Stormy weather

It is another overcast murky day.  It is getting windy in South Ockendon with winds 13.4 mph with gusts of 17.7 mph.  The temperature is warmer than yesterday at 11.0 °C  and the humidity is at 91% . Dew point is high at 9.6 °C .

Posted

dark, drizzly and gusty. my favourite weather :rolleyes:

Maybe I should get a winter home in the Scottish highlands. Property is probably a bit cheaper too, and more snow!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Still windy here, I'd say Langdon bay is under reporting or a bit sheltered from this direction. Can't even walk without being pushed or held back.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
29 minutes ago, Uxbridge90 said:

Pretty grim out there today, be interesting to see how quickly the temps drop this afternoon/evening, currently a toasty 11 degrees!

Not looking particularly great for us in terms of snow and it looks like Sunday will be a complete wash out.

Yep, not surprised. Oh well, next time lol. Some of us may see a snow shower tomorrow or Saturday, if we're lucky. Otherwise, it'll be nice to see the sun again.

Absolutely vile morning here, heavy, drenching drizzly rain and gusty winds.

Edited by stainesbloke

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Just went in the mad thread, ecm ukmo trending south but not far enough for anyone south of m4 yet. Gfs 6z going for further north but was also south in 12z. No one will know till t12 where the low will slide, and t0 for snow line.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Frosty Mornings

BBC 10am weather were showing snow for EA Sunday, I live in hope

Posted

Morning all

Still a lot of detail to be sorted on this Sunday, i did expect the models to be a bit closer this morning, but it seems they have crossed paths and now heading in opposite directions, this isn't a fail yet, but it will always be tight, if the models still don't agree at 24 this will turn into a really good nowcast.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow and ice days

Seems to be moving a bit away from us for Sunday/Monday from what I can gather.

I must admit GP and Tamara’s recent posts intrigue me more, hinting of more of a NE/E influence towards the end of the month or early January.

A re-run of Jan 10 would be more than acceptable thank you! I can’t imagine anyone in this region missed out then.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Chris101 said:

Morning all

Still a lot of detail to be sorted on this Sunday, i did expect the models to be a bit closer this morning, but it seems they have crossed paths and now heading in opposite directions, this isn't a fail yet, but it will always be tight, if the models still don't agree at 24 this will turn into a really good nowcast.

In a way, it does make it all that more exciting if it's down to now-casting. 

Must be an absolute nightmare for the METO, which you can see in their uncertainty, 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything unusual

Not expecting a single flake of snow in Worthing over the coming days, the best bet for snow here would be an easterly blast from Putin.