Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE and East Anglia generalweather discussion 08/11/2017 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heat, Cold, Sun

@Surrey Reminds me of the 90s windy days! Before social media, before naming of storms, before tweets. 

When a windy day was just a windy day and people got on with their day, perhaps a little nudge to a work colleague or school mates 'cor it's a bit windy out there' 

Those were the days before this naming of storms hype and social media frenzy! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ben Lewis said:

@Surrey Reminds me of the 90s windy days! Before social media, before naming of storms, before tweets. 

When a windy day was just a windy day and people got on with their day, perhaps a little nudge to a work colleague or school mates 'cor it's a bit windy out there' 

Very true, seems without the media hype we get on with it 

Posted

Agreed. It is ridiculous that for sustained wind speeds of 16 mph, and possible gusts of up to 41 mph (that in a very short window out of the episode, mostly it's predicted gusts of up to 31 mph), London is under a yellow weather warning for the next couple of days. Even sustained wind speeds of 31 mph shouldn't merit a shock horror warning.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!
3 hours ago, Ben Lewis said:

Exactly. It's blustery. A typical autumn/winter windy day. Nothing to see here.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Days and a little Snow.
6 hours ago, lassie23 said:

SLEET SUCKS

Sleet might suck but how many times a year do you get to even witness sleet? If we get cold, if we get rain and if we get a cold wind I'd rather see sleet than the normal rain/drizzle and nothing else..... Maybe I'm not normal :friends:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love hot sunshine and cold snowy weather
2 minutes ago, Kent Blizzard said:

Sleet might suck but how many times a year do you get to even witness sleet? If we get cold, if we get rain and if we get a cold wind I'd rather see sleet than the normal rain/drizzle and nothing else..... Maybe I'm not normal :friends:

No I’m with you on this one, let’s face it sleet is a step nearer to snow, I recognise that this also means it’s a step nearer rain also, but optimism is the name of the game here?!! 

It’s been a long road to proper cold and chance of snow ⛄️, I’m grabbing this current crumb of hope with full knowledge of emotional trauma when it all goes tits up!! 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
36 minutes ago, Kent Blizzard said:

Fair enough. Just don't want to be out in it, horrible stuff. Sleet turning to snow...more interesting :) Anything other than the dreaded 'snow turning to rain'....ultimate knife in the heart lol :nonono::fool:

Edited by stainesbloke
  • Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, lassie23 said:

very windy out today, but warm with it. Anyone fancy clearing the leaves from my garden:unknw:

I was just looking out the office window thinking today/tonight will certainly help to clear the remaining leaves from the trees. 

Edited by Kent Blizzard
  • Thanks 1

Posted

I always find Wednesday a great day for model watching, no real reason why apart from I find it's often the make or break day for the weekend and the start of the following week, some of the best weather events have always started to show on the models on a Wednesday.

..Or it might be because we can start to safely say what the weekend will throw at us :hi:

Gfs shows interest for early next week for us rather than the weekend...the joy of chasing that weather train :aggressive:

Edited by Kent Blizzard

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

It's windy, I hate wind.:aggressive:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

Great day here! Almost unbroken sunshine and temp up to 15.3C. OK, it's a tad breezy - had a gust of 39mph at 11.02 - but I don't mind that, it made this morning's walk more interesting with trees swaying and leaves flying about. Invigorating!! :smile:

11.30 5a1564dc170cc_CloudWed22Nov11_30.thumb.jpg.26b7a0b78ffd320672f706d9d623cc45.jpg

• Like 4

Posted
24 minutes ago, Blessed Weather said:

Great day here! Almost unbroken sunshine and temp up to 15.3C. OK, it's a tad breezy - had a gust of 39mph at 11.02 - but I don't mind that, it made this morning's walk more interesting with trees swaying and leaves flying about. Invigorating!! :smile:

11.30 5a1564dc170cc_CloudWed22Nov11_30.thumb.jpg.26b7a0b78ffd320672f706d9d623cc45.jpg

It was absolutely beautiful up to half a hour ago very springlike, it seems warm to me, since then things have taken a turn for the worse, not only my cold, thick cloud enveloping the skies now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers
18 minutes ago, Daniel* said:

It was absolutely beautiful up to half a hour ago very springlike, it seems warm to me, since then things have taken a turn for the worse, not only my cold, thick cloud enveloping the skies now.

Sorry to hear about your cold Daniel - hope it clears soon. What we need is some extremely cold weather to kill all these damn bugs off!! :laugh:

• Like 2

Posted
28 minutes ago, Blessed Weather said:

Sorry to hear about your cold Daniel - hope it clears soon. What we need is some extremely cold weather to kill all these damn bugs off!! :laugh:

You aren't wrong there lol, frigid, bone chilling temperatures are what the doctor ordered :rolleyes: perhaps it will drive the cold out of me..perhaps I'll treat myself to a hot curry tonight. :laugh: 

Edited by Daniel*
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
1 minute ago, Daniel* said:

You aren't wrong there lol, frigid, bone chilling temperatures are what the doctor ordered :rolleyes: perhaps it will drive the cold out of me..perhaps I'll treat myself to a hot curry tonight. :laugh: 

If only, Daniel...viruses survive the environment better (worse for us) when cold and dry conditions prevail. Hence colds and flu spread like wildfire in cold and/or dry conditions...:cray:

• Like 1

Posted

should of worn a hat. But hey.:cold-emoji:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe frosts, Heavy snowfall, Thunder and lightning, Stormy weather

The day started lovely with bright sunshine and scattered clouds but quickly disappeared as the wind became stronger and the cloud cover gaining through the morning until the early afternoon. 

Posted
2 minutes ago, Ed Stone said:

If only, Daniel...viruses survive the environment better (worse for us) when cold and dry conditions prevail. Hence colds and flu spread like wildfire in cold and/or dry conditions...:cray:

I do know that! I have a feeling it is going to be a bad flu season, the last few winters especially that hellish 13/14 our underfunded, struggling, health service has avoided the pressures of a big winter flu outbreak.  

• Like 2

Across the road they are hanging their Christmas decs ( always a lovely display in memory of their son ) but I fear they will have to abandon it as the wind keeps swinging the decs about ... took them a hot cuppa and asked if they need help but they also agreed today is not the best day to do it .... Santa is just swinging about hope he lasts the night ! 

• Like 2

Posted

Blowy, mild, a spot of rain in the air, my hat stayed on.

Getting dark now.

#boringpost