Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE and East Anglia generalweather discussion 08/11/2017 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.
4 hours ago, Daniel* said:

Shame it was not a month or two later a nice stream of ‘constant’ showers tracking NW to SE affecting counties adjacent to the North Sea - sure there would be nice snowfall across parts of Norfolk/Suffolk. Perhaps come nightfall this precip might turn more wintry but typically that’s when the precip cuts off. :fool:

2C26E700-3B65-4416-ACB4-EAF71BCCED3C.thumb.png.6bce08ba45c2f628e68c9541e77b1ee9.png

We had a shower of something icy earlier - probably graupel.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow (but who doesnt like that)

what are peoples general feeling about the weather this winter? i dont want to believe the usual scare mongering from the papers. ive read so many different varying posts about the weather. whats your  thoughts???? 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
11 hours ago, DonnaThw said:

what are peoples general feeling about the weather this winter? i dont want to believe the usual scare mongering from the papers. ive read so many different varying posts about the weather. whats your  thoughts???? 

Well one of the better long range forecasters on here has predicted a wet stormy november/december with the mildest weather in the south and two cold spells from the east with a chance of snow in January and feb. He also said that he expected the weather models to drop the  current cold spell they were predicting for later this month and this morning all but one has, I'd go with his predictions any day over the daily express which just prints any old cobblers.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.
15 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

Well one of the better long range forecasters on here has predicted a wet stormy november/december with the mildest weather in the south and two cold spells from the east with a chance of snow in January and feb. He also said that he expected the weather models to drop the  current cold spell they were predicting for later this month and this morning all but one has, I'd go with his predictions any day over the daily express which just prints any old cobblers.

like any old year then.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, gales, all extreme weather really!

Cold and snow dropped in model turn around shocker. Honestly, after about 10 years following this site, I just don’t understand why anyone takes notice of past 5 days or why the models even go further than this, it’s the same old year in, year out. I’d have thought people in the model thread would have learnt by now, it must be some form of sadism. 

Have thoroughly enjoyed the chilly and frosty weather but fully expect another season of mildness from 1 Dec and will treat it as a bonus if otherwise.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Gorgeous morning here, not a cloud to be seen and just 0C first thing. Yesterday was lovely too :)

IMG_4885.JPG

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe frosts, Heavy snowfall, Thunder and lightning, Stormy weather

South Ockendon's weather this morning a sunny day with a mostly clear blue sky.  There is bright sunshine,  with a light breeze 4.1 mph  NNW  and the temperate at 9:20 am is 5.3°C .

I prefer to look at short range weather forecasts as generally they are more accurate than medium to long range weather forecasts.

Edited by Katrine Basso
Unfinished sentence
  • Like 1

Posted

Chilly, clear and the sun was piggin pain so low down.

A bit of cloud now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

Beautiful start. Down to 1.2C overnight. Lots of cloud streaming down from the NW threatening to spoil things - hopefully not until much later.

5a0979412b8f6_CloudMon13Nov09_50.thumb.jpg.b7d791dffe334bc896050abba15e9f6a.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Days and a little Snow.
3 hours ago, James1979 said:

Cold and snow dropped in model turn around shocker. Honestly, after about 10 years following this site, I just don’t understand why anyone takes notice of past 5 days or why the models even go further than this, it’s the same old year in, year out. I’d have thought people in the model thread would have learnt by now, it must be some form of sadism. 

Have thoroughly enjoyed the chilly and frosty weather but fully expect another season of mildness from 1 Dec and will treat it as a bonus if otherwise.

It'll be back and forth for quite some time yet, probably run after run.

Anyway who's got a coin we can flip :D

h850t850eu.png

• Like 2

Posted
5 hours ago, James1979 said:

and the same old posters in that ahem thread taking every run to heart and posting the charts showing what they want to happen, even though there is no chance of them becoming reality and their sheep get excited:fool: You post something sane telling people to be cautious and it gets removed for  not adding anything to the discussion:rofl: you couldn't make it up.

Edited by lassie23
  • Like 5

Posted

Btw in case you missed it, today I wore my grey woolly hat. :hi:

So no on the Dami scale no snow in beddy.

Posted
3 hours ago, Dami said:

Btw in case you missed it, today I wore my grey woolly hat. :hi:

So no on the Dami scale no snow in beddy.

But I think we should be told, what happens if you wear a black woolly hat? a pink woolly hat? a navy blue woolly hat? :cold:

Posted
10 hours ago, JennyJane1 said:

But I think we should be told, what happens if you wear a black woolly hat? a pink woolly hat? a navy blue woolly hat? :cold:

if it's a blue or pink hat you're after, sorry i'm the wrong person.:santa-emoji:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool clear sunny weather all year.
35 minutes ago, Dami said:

if it's a blue or pink hat you're after, sorry i'm the wrong person.:santa-emoji:

I would announce to the world that I would wear a pink or blue one.

However I never wear hats, even in the snow. :cold:

Posted
17 minutes ago, seaside 60 said:

I would announce to the world that I would wear a pink or blue one.

However I never wear hats, even in the snow. :cold:

good for you. 

warmer today. black hat.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Days and a little Snow.

Latest GFS gives a damp look but not overly mild either, potentially stormy too. 

I need to find the archives of the GFS for around this time in 2009 and 2010, If not then we had a very similar set-up i seem to remember before a cooler/wintry spell a few weeks later.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Frosty Mornings

If you go with some of the predictions on here you might need a tin foil hat :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.
On 11/13/2017 at 07:13, lassie23 said:

That prediction of the cold outputs being dropped has been remarkably accurate, IMO.

• Thanks 1

Posted
1 hour ago, chrisbell-nottheweatherman said:

That prediction of the cold outputs being dropped has been remarkably accurate, IMO.

I'm already impressed and i posted in the MOD thread to tell everyone it was going to happen and a moderator removed the post because it didn't add anything to the thread:cc_confused: The truth apparently is not what they are looking for in there and it was model related, maybe it's because I ended it with a santa clause smiley, humour is forbidden in there you know.:oops:

Posted
2 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

I'm already impressed and i posted in the MOD thread to tell everyone it was going to happen and a moderator removed the post because it didn't add anything to the thread:cc_confused: The truth apparently is not what they are looking for in there and it was model related, maybe it's because I ended it with a santa clause smiley, humour is forbidden in there you know.:oops:

It is forbidden every where.

still cloudy.

Edited by Dami
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
Just now, lassie23 said:

We need a world humour day:reindeer-emoji:

and a woolly hat day.:santa-emoji:

slight breeze now.

Posted

Afternoon. Just dropping in to check the forum is still active after summer hibernation. Nothing too interesting coldie wise showing right now, but this winter season has to be better than recent ones, doesn’t it?... I will pop my head back in when something is brewing... ❄️ 

• Like 1

Posted
12 minutes ago, Southender said:

Afternoon. Just dropping in to check the forum is still active after summer hibernation. Nothing too interesting coldie wise showing right now, but this winter season has to be better than recent ones, doesn’t it?... I will pop my head back in when something is brewing... ❄️ 

see you in mid january then