Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Radar works well on 4G but WiFi issues

sriram

Hello - I have noticed that the net weather radar works well on 4G outside but when I try it at home on WiFi I have noticed that the radar doesn’t update automatically - I find I have to toggle the prec type button or close the application and restart again to get the updated radar info on wifi

I have tried rebooting the phone; clearing the cache on the phone and reinstalling the application but get the same observations

Phones in question are Samsung Galaxy J5 and A3

Thanks

Posted

Sounds odd sriram, the mechanism of updating the radar doesn't change at all whether it's wifi or mobile signal based. Could it be that the wifi you're using is disconnecting or something similar? 

Just changed to 4G on the phone had to press the precipitation type button but after this the radar updated

on WiFi it was stuck with the old data for the radar

My WiFi connection is good at home with no interruptions

The radar on 4G just updated on its own on 4G at home without pressing any buttons, reloading or refreshing

Has updated when switching to WiFi - may need to get it to work on 4G before WiFi possibly - seems a bit hit and miss on WiFi though

Posted

I can't recreate it at all on this side, seems to switch from wifi to 4g seamlessly. Will test on some other devices, but as I say, the system is the same regardless of the connection type the phone is using.