Holidays
Local
Radar
Snow?
Paul

Welcome to SACRA

4 hours ago, Terminal Moraine said:

And we're off!

The first sleet of the season here as moderate-heavy showers moved through this morning.

Woohoo!

PS - 1683/84?! are there fax charts for that? :hi:

up and running with the first snaw showers of the season...

Yay nice to here there is a bit of winter weather around.  Think we will have a nice frost tomorrow here in the SE.

Well its good to be here - hoping to make a lot of contributions this year especially as it's an intriguing start to winter :)

Well, our snow season started today with a brief half an hour shower! Yes I live in Norway ( near Bergen) but I live on an island abutting the North Sea so snow is much rarer here than elsewhere in Norway

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Norway Nut said:

Well, our snow season started today with a brief half an hour shower! Yes I live in Norway ( near Bergen) but I live on an island abutting the North Sea so snow is much rarer here than elsewhere in Norway

Be thankful,at least you don't live in the Wadi rum  :rofl:

LOL all these years I've been a member of netweather and have wondered what this SACRA Membership was, I've finally found it and I cant get a number......Devastating :cray:

Lets hope we get mountains of snow to get me over that major disappointment... Starting this weekend 

• Like 1

I have popped in a few times.  It' chilly here 2 deg.  I am hoping we stay chilly as it is more seasonal than the drizzle I had last week.

Yes to experience that first foot in crunchy fresh snow. There was a dusting again on some fells last Sunday. Last November brought alot of snow later in the month to higher ground - will it happen again...

• Like 1

Took me a worrying length of time to spot that little "Join the Club" box to click on... ;)

Another one here hoping for knee-deep snow this winter - I've just made myself a new winter skirt in fine wool with petticoats, so now I NEED snow so I can traipse about the woods and hills enjoying it all! 

(Yes, I know sartorial requirements aren't usually the reason for wanting snow, but hey, if you've got a big winter skirt, you want big winter snow, right?)

No signs of cold weather yet in south Ockendon but there is time yet.  I am looking for my first frosty day when the frost is still around until the early afternoon or later.

7 hours ago, BleakMidwinter said:

Took me a worrying length of time to spot that little "Join the Club" box to click on... ;)

Another one here hoping for knee-deep snow this winter - I've just made myself a new winter skirt in fine wool with petticoats, so now I NEED snow so I can traipse about the woods and hills enjoying it all! 

(Yes, I know sartorial requirements aren't usually the reason for wanting snow, but hey, if you've got a big winter skirt, you want big winter snow, right?)

Presumably you realise that now that you have advertised this skirt of yours - we're going to want pictures of you traipsing about in the deep snow while wearing it?

6 hours ago, Katrine Basso said:

No signs of cold weather yet in south Ockendon but there is time yet.  I am looking for my first frosty day when the frost is still around until the early afternoon or later.

We've had several of those in the Borders already - plus several where the frost STARTS forming in the early afternoon.....

• Like 2

Lovely sunny frosty morning here.  I love these mornings and miss walking my dog early in the park with the sun sparkling on the frosty grass and no one around. Looking forward to many more frosty mornings like this.

51 minutes ago, Snow Queen one said:

Lovely sunny frosty morning here.  I love these mornings and miss walking my dog early in the park with the sun sparkling on the frosty grass and no one around. Looking forward to many more frosty mornings like this.

Sorry to have to ask - but do you miss the early morning walks because the conditions haven't occurred yet, or because you no longer have the doggie?

15 hours ago, asjmcguire said:

Presumably you realise that now that you have advertised this skirt of yours - we're going to want pictures of you traipsing about in the deep snow while wearing it?

If you can just arrange for deep snow in the Telford area, I shall be traipsing like anything in it! :) 

I'm willing to travel a bit - could walk up the Wrekin a bit, or drive out to the Long Mynd, if that's more convenient. Although obviously I'd prefer the snow delivered straight to Telford... knee-deep would do, I'm not greedy... 

1 hour ago, BleakMidwinter said:

If you can just arrange for deep snow in the Telford area, I shall be traipsing like anything in it! :) 

I'm willing to travel a bit - could walk up the Wrekin a bit, or drive out to the Long Mynd, if that's more convenient. Although obviously I'd prefer the snow delivered straight to Telford... knee-deep would do, I'm not greedy... 

The best I can probably manage - is if we get some reasonably deep snow - I'll keep it for a few a days, then send it down to you when the novelty has worn off and I'm fed up with it - and then a few days later I'll jump and down and decry the lack of snow and wish for more (which again I will be fed up of again after a few days).....

8 hours ago, asjmcguire said:

Sorry to have to ask - but do you miss the early morning walks because the conditions haven't occurred yet, or because you no longer have the doggie?

Hi I miss those mornings because I no longer have my dog.  He died August 2 years ago from Lymphoma.  I used to love walking him in the winter

4 hours ago, Snow Queen one said:

Hi I miss those mornings because I no longer have my dog.  He died August 2 years ago from Lymphoma.  I used to love walking him in the winter

Sorry - I feared that may be the case. Having been through it countless times - I feel for you. **** Virtual Hugs **** That's the best I can do - I know some people (non dog owners) will think oh it was 2 years ago - but as a dog owner - I know that it can still hurt when memories are stirred.

• Like 1

Hi all, nice to join this club  :)
A few frosts here in E. Yorks so far this November.

BL.