Holidays
Local
Radar
Windy?
Paul

Welcome to SACRA

SACRA has a new home, and is the first community club on Netweather :cold-emoji:

For those who don't know, SACRA stands for Snow And Cold Rampers Association, and has been running on the community since 2005. @Snow Queen one has the original membership list (anyone can join), and up to now SACRA lived in a thread on the forums. (This is the thread from last year)

Now, with a bit more space to spread it's wings, SACRA has galleries and a set of snow related topics for members to get involved in. So if you love snow, want to chat about it, post your snow photos, and ramp like crazy about upcoming snow prospects this is your place! To join the club, just click the join club button and you're in, you'll then be able to get involved right away. 

• Like 1

Well hello all. :) Here's to a great winter.  It looks like this weekend could be nice and chilly with a bit of a frost.  Let's hope things keep chilling down.

• Like 1

The years of me thinking what is SACRA.

LMAO ...Now I know.....Best club in the world :smile:

• Like 4

I never got a number last year:cray:

So glad this is here:D

2 hours ago, Dami said:

I never got a number last year:cray:

So glad this is here:D

I only discovered last year that you are supposed to get one every year, I thought when I got my first one - it was mine for life....

3 hours ago, asjmcguire said:

Hiya!

Do we get new numbers this Winter?

I think we're going to go numberless this year, as joining the club keeps you a member for as long as you want to stay one :D 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, asjmcguire said:

I only discovered last year that you are supposed to get one every year, I thought when I got my first one - it was mine for life....

Hi there if you already have a SACRA number then please keep it.  It is only new members of this club who will not be issued numbers.  All existing members are free to still use their numbers if they wish

• Like 1

Many thanks - I will absolutely be parading about with my existing SACRA number :yahoo::cold:

Edited by asjmcguire

Awesome! I've been looking for a club like this all my life (well, not my entire life, obviously).

Looking forward to getting snowed-in for a couple of weeks! Also doing a lot of wishful thinking! A couple of days of decent, lying snow would be good. Just not the dreary, damp, mild, wet winters we've had recently. Might have to buy a chest freezer and move in there if that's what transpires.

How is it after all the years of being on Netweather I'm only learning about this AMAZING club now? :cc_confused::laugh:

Also, I need a number....whatever that means...? lol

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mpkio2 said:

How is it after all the years of being on Netweather I'm only learning about this AMAZING club now? :cc_confused::laugh:

Also, I need a number....whatever that means...? lol

Hi there. This is the first year we have had our very own club page.  All new members are not being issued numbers.  The people who already had numbers can keep them if they wish. 

Lets hope this place s busier than the old thread from last year. 

I think that last year left a lot to be desired when it came to cold.  Hopefully this year will give us all lots to talk about and plenty of post from old and new members alike.

Simple idea if I may..... Made my own number up... Time and date joined :D

SACRA Member 2049021117

Edited by Dancerwithwings

1 hour ago, Dancerwithwings said:

Simple idea if I may..... Made my own number up... Time and date joined :D

SACRA Member 2049021117

Converted your join date/time to Unix time: 1509655740 via https://www.unixtimestamp.com/index.php makes it look like a massive club now :yahoo:

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, matt111 said:

That makes me member 1509660000 :good:

I'm 1479889020 which obviously makes me awesome :hi::drunk-emoji:

PS - it's currently 1.7C and falling ~0.8C/hr which is cold in my book......

Edited by asjmcguire

oh well i joined last year, but I can sort my own.

SACRA NUMBER 169191954

Edited by Dami

My number is 007 ,shaken but not stirred :rofl:

27 minutes ago, Mokidugway said:

My number is 007 ,shaken but not stirred :rofl:

Your number is higher than Snow Queen - who holds the sacred list (I'm still not really sure how she managed to have a number higher than 1, surely the holder of the list should be number 1?)

Edited by asjmcguire

And we're off!

The first sleet of the season here as moderate-heavy showers moved through this morning.

• Like 3