Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Tour 4 2018

MikeUpjohn

Posted
3 hours ago, multi cellular thunderstorm said:

Looks like I'm definitely joining Tour 4 :)

I'm looking to arrive a day early too and stay at Days Inn on Tower Road.

What Flights are you on???? BA from LHR by any chance?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer - Storms Winter - Blizzards
18 hours ago, Newbie85 said:

Hi Graham - Have booked into The Days inn hotel for the night on the 11th of june, 

I am on facebook - who isnt! search for abraybrook85@hotmail.co.uk should bring me up easily i hope! 

cant wait for this it be an experience and a half!  totally Excited

Hllo!  i couldnt find you! search for me Graham Moore and look for the same profile pic as i do on here!  ill do the rest!

Posted
16 hours ago, multi cellular thunderstorm said:

No I think I'll be going from Edinburgh via Chicago. It's cheaper and easier.

See you stateside!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Lightning, Tornado, Hurricane, Heatwave
18 hours ago, Newbie85 said:

Hi Graham - Have booked into The Days inn hotel for the night on the 11th of june, 

I am on facebook - who isnt! search for abraybrook85@hotmail.co.uk should bring me up easily i hope! 

cant wait for this it be an experience and a half!  totally Excited

Hey up,

Are you on the 1440 from LHR to DEN on 11 June by any chances? It will be a fantastic trip, been every year since 2015 and such an amazing group of people to chase with, always on the money when chasing!

Cheers,

Mike.

Posted
10 minutes ago, mikeofmacc said:

Hey up,

Are you on the 1440 from LHR to DEN on 11 June by any chances? It will be a fantastic trip, been every year since 2015 and such an amazing group of people to chase with, always on the money when chasing!

Cheers,

Mike.

ill already be there dude, doing 2 tours this year!

Posted
4 minutes ago, Crashlanding said:

ill already be there dude, doing 2 tours this year!

Lol, I quote the wrong post, sorry. Haha. Heck knows why I'm a web developer.

Sorry, I meant @Newbie85, are you flying on 11th June from LHR on the 1440?

Posted
Just now, mikeofmacc said:

Lol, I quote the wrong post, sorry. Haha. Heck knows why I'm a web developer.

Sorry, I meant @Newbie85, are you flying on 11th June from LHR on the 1440?

Christ!!!  remind me not to use you!!!! bahahahaha be good to catch up Mike!

• Like 1

Posted
26 minutes ago, Crashlanding said:

Christ!!!  remind me not to use you!!!! bahahahaha be good to catch up Mike!

Yep, can't wait to sink that first beer stateside!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything Extreme!
4 hours ago, Crashlanding said:

See you stateside!

Can't wait!

Already got you on facebook but anyone else going feel free to add me. Here's a link https://www.facebook.com/mark.pritchard.965 or if you search Mark Pritchard I have an awful selfie where I'm dressed for a wedding. Hoping to replace it with one with a tornado in the background fingers crossed! :)

• Like 1

Posted
8 hours ago, mikeofmacc said:

Hey up,

Cheers,

Mike.

Yeah 11th june LHR to DEN BA at 1440pm and then on to days in hotel on tower road, then back 23rd june on BA flight at 1935

:):):):) 

Posted
15 hours ago, Newbie85 said:

Yeah 11th june LHR to DEN BA at 1440pm and then on to days in hotel on tower road, then back 23rd june on BA flight at 1935

:):):):) 

added you to storm Sl@gs on Facebook!

• Like 1

Posted

Hello!

I can't wait to meet you all, this will be my first tour and the excitement is kicking in!

Is anyone flying back to Gatwick on the 23rd at 14.35 with Norwegian? Or are most people flying back later in the day?

Also any tips on what to expect when touring will be appreciated haha!

Posted
4 hours ago, Jodie_Samantha25 said:

Hello!

I can't wait to meet you all, this will be my first tour and the excitement is kicking in!

Is anyone flying back to Gatwick on the 23rd at 14.35 with Norwegian? Or are most people flying back later in the day?

Well....aint you in for a treat!!!!!!

just be prepared for long hours in a nice spacious SUV talking crap until the show starts!! your adrenaline will kick in because of either the excitement of mother nature showing off OR becuase your have shat yourself! its an amazing experience! I will be one of your drivers so I know you will be in safe hands!  oh, i hope you like the odd beverage too!

• Like 1

Posted
18 hours ago, Crashlanding said:

Well....aint you in for a treat!!!!!!

just be prepared for long hours in a nice spacious SUV talking crap until the show starts!! your adrenaline will kick in because of either the excitement of mother nature showing off OR becuase your have shat yourself! its an amazing experience! I will be one of your drivers so I know you will be in safe hands!  oh, i hope you like the odd beverage too!

Sounds amazing already, and that's without seeing the main events! It's definitely going be a mixture of both, with the added bonus of needing a pint afterwards haha! Only 54 days to go!

Feel free to add me on Facebook if anyone wants a chat, just search for Jodie Samantha Woodcock :)

Posted
23 hours ago, Jodie_Samantha25 said:

Hello!

Hi :)

This will be my 5th time and I'm just as excited as I was the first time, if not more!

It seems most of us are on the later BA flight on the 23rd. Are you arriving on the 11th or 12th?

I'm sure you'll have an amazing time, even taking away the storms it's such a great experience travelling around the states with a lovely bunch of crazy people, eating amazing food and having a few drinks too. Fingers crossed for plenty of supercells and some tornados but even on down days there's always something interesting and memorable to do and sometimes the odd slower paced relaxing day can be nice to recharge, but hopefully there aren't too many of them :) 

PS. Just sent a friend request on facebook in case you're wondering who it is, I'm Mark.

Edited by multi cellular thunderstorm
  • Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, multi cellular thunderstorm said:

Hi :)

This will be my 5th time and I'm just as excited as I was the first time, if not more!

It seems most of us are on the later BA flight on the 23rd. Are you arriving on the 11th or 12th?

I'm sure you'll have an amazing time, even taking away the storms it's such a great experience travelling around the states with a lovely bunch of crazy people, eating amazing food and having a few drinks too. Fingers crossed for plenty of supercells and some tornados but even on down days there's always something interesting and memorable to do and sometimes the odd slower paced relaxing day can be nice to recharge, but hopefully there aren't too many of them :) 

PS. Just sent a friend request on facebook in case you're wondering who it is, I'm Mark.

Hey!

Oh wow 5th time?! I'm guessing it turns into an addiction! I'm arriving on the 9th to get in a little bit of sight-seeing around Denver, so I'll be raring to get going! Have you been sight-seeing around Denver yourself? If you have, are there any particular attractions you would recommend?

Yup I've accepted your request! Thank you for the description, it sounds incredible and will probably turn into an addiction for me too :D

Posted
1 hour ago, Jodie_Samantha25 said:

Hey!

Oh wow 5th time?! I'm guessing it turns into an addiction! I'm arriving on the 9th to get in a little bit of sight-seeing around Denver, so I'll be raring to get going! Have you been sight-seeing around Denver yourself? If you have, are there any particular attractions you would recommend?

Yup I've accepted your request! Thank you for the description, it sounds incredible and will probably turn into an addiction for me too :D

It really does become an addiction, I wasn't supposed to be going this year but I couldn't resist! 

Sounds great I've never been to Denver, just passed by on a previous tour. I've landed in Dallas all the other times I've been. 

Posted
21 hours ago, Jodie_Samantha25 said:

Sounds amazing already, and that's without seeing the main events! It's definitely going be a mixture of both, with the added bonus of needing a pint afterwards haha! Only 54 days to go!

Feel free to add me on Facebook if anyone wants a chat, just search for Jodie Samantha Woodcock :)

added on FB and also added to Storm Sl@gs!! secret storm group!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cloud 9

Ok well  counting down for the tours.  4 weeks to go for my first tour starting and then heading to Denver for the start of tour 4.  I love the plains and i have to  say Denver is pretty amazing . The views are spectacular. The Rockies are outstanding. 

Tom

DSC00760.JPG

Posted
On ‎27‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 22:40, Tom Lynch said:

Ok well  counting down for the tours.  4 weeks to go for my first tour starting and then heading to Denver for the start of tour 4.  I love the plains and i have to  say Denver is pretty amazing . The views are spectacular. The Rockies are outstanding. 

Tom

DSC00760.JPG

Hi Tom :) 

Don't think I've been on a tour with you since 2010 so it'll be good to see you and the now famous Chicken George again! Looking forward to seeing more of Denver and Colorado too, I think I've only been there on one out of my 4 tours and loved it.

6 weeks today until most of us on Tour 4 will be arriving/meeting up in Denver. Feels like it's taken months just to get from 8 weeks to 6 weeks but getting there slowly.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
Posted
25 minutes ago, Newbie85 said:

Is anyone up for meeting up at Heathrow airport on. BA flight on the 11th June?? 

I should get into Heathrow 1.5 hours before our flight so I'd be up for meeting :) Only 24 days to go!

Posted
2 hours ago, multi cellular thunderstorm said:

I should get into Heathrow 1.5 hours before our flight so I'd be up for meeting :) Only 24 days to go!

Yep, are you both on 11th June 1440 LHR to DEN flight?

Posted
On ‎18‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 12:36, mikeofmacc said:

Yep, are you both on 11th June 1440 LHR to DEN flight?

Yeah that's the one. 3 weeks and counting :)