Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm Brian - Weather discussion

Daniel*

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Looks like the.models that had it south were right on this occasion unfortunately.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold weather. Storms are pretty good too.
1 minute ago, alexisj9 said:

Looks like the.models that had it south were right on this occasion unfortunately.

Sigh, I did hope not but mended the wobbly fence 'just in case'. After '87 I never take chances if a gale is forecast. However.... plenty of time for it to move further NE yet. Early on I thought they had Ophelia's track wrong but it moved further north west fairly rapidly so could still happen this storm moves to where it was forecast too.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
5 minutes ago, coldfingers1 said:

Sigh, I did hope not but mended the wobbly fence 'just in case'. After '87 I never take chances if a gale is forecast. However.... plenty of time for it to move further NE yet. Early on I thought they had Ophelia's track wrong but it moved further north west fairly rapidly so could still happen this storm moves to where it was forecast too.

Lets hope so. Although the met have always had it south too. Hence where the yellow warnings are.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold

Rain has stopped since 17:00hrs, skies cleared but now wind is picking up blowing moderate to fresh east south east. Pressure 984.7mb falling.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, crisp, calm and sunny

Absolutely dead calm here, after a windy night and morning (gusting in low to mid 40's). Really crisp with lovely leaf scent. I wish it would stay like this. 

Brian could be useful, about turn and annoy Trump's remaining intact golf resorts.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
3 minutes ago, Soaring Hawk said:

Absolutely dead calm here, after a windy night and morning (gusting in low to mid 40's). Really crisp with lovely leaf scent. I wish it would stay like this. 

Brian could be useful, about turn and annoy Trump's remaining intact golf resorts.

For a woman of 93 (or is that now 103) you do have a very modern sense of humour, SH!:good:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and stormy.

Looking at the rainband it sure looks like it could be sqaully as it ventures inland, hope so! 

Posted

Force 6 winds here, calmest it has been here on the coast here for 36 hours. Not progged to be gale force here until early tomorrow, net-weather giving 53 mph gust for my town but they always underestimate the wind strengths in a storm, so I will expect 55mph gusts at least, most likely when that squall line moves through.

• Like 1

Posted
8 minutes ago, Ed Stone said:

For a woman of 93 (or is that now 103) you do have a very modern sense of humour, SH!:good:

Ahem, 95 I'll have you know; and one has to keep up with the current psychopaths. And, if you remember the two photos back in 2006 in the members photo thread, my Italian diet all helps with that age :closedeyes:

• Like 4

Posted

:D

Haha, lucky you! All an Italian diet helps me with is increasing my waistline.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

I'm looking forward to something in the 50's. Although, my current record is 50mph on this station - back in February, I have to go back to 2014 to see similar longevity of wind speeds. Hopefully a new record tomorrow!

• Like 1

Posted
16 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

I'm looking forward to something in the 50's. Although, my current record is 50mph on this station - back in February, I have to go back to 2014 to see similar longevity of wind speeds. Hopefully a new record tomorrow!

Isle of Purbeck SHOULD get higher wind speeds than me as where I live is a little bit sheltered from the South Westerly winds. If it turns Westerly though it could be a different matter for me but possibly even worse for you. Likely the road into Purbeck could flood? Just checked and yes, you do have a flood warning so be careful please, high tide could be interesting!

Edited by coldfingers1

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

Doesn't look anything special here just a normal breezy day. Still it's been a breezy month gusts averaging mid 30's and wind speed 10 mph. After Sunday it's looking rather quiet without any possible storms right to the end of the month.

Posted
17 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

So am I. Haven't seen a 50, let alone anything over that, since I moved Down South from Scotland (Hurricane Bawbag was a highlight (nightmare), creeping home from work, south on the M77, over Eaglesham Moor at almost 1,100 feet asl is something I'll never forget). Brian won't produce 50 for my area unless it hits much further south than most models predict. 

• Like 1

Posted

Wind has abruptly returned, pressure dropping. The brief, still, crisp Autumn hours are sadly over. 

Posted

Raining consistently here and the wind is definitely picking up with gusts of approx 30mph so far- could be more (no instruments to measure speed). I'm in Swansea Bay.

Edited by WelshWanderer

Posted

Pretty tastey charts - Brian isn't a massive storm but its a spicey one that might delivery a fair punch...

I think the spring tide tomorrow PM in the Bristol channel could bring a bit of water higher than usual - no real shakes, but certainly of interest.

17102109_2012.gif

• Like 1

Posted
4 minutes ago, Paul T said:

Pretty tastey charts - Brian isn't a massive storm but its a spicey one that might delivery a fair punch...

I think the spring tide tomorrow PM in the Bristol channel could bring a bit of water higher than usual - no real shakes, but certainly of interest.

17102109_2012.gif

id go with that :)  propper storm in gert lush land :)

Posted

Hmmmn... we already have F7 gusting F8 here. Higher than I expected for this early on. I am now wondering if this could possibly get a little higher than the F9 they have forecast for tomorrow? Interesting to watch anyhow.

http://www.chimet.co.uk/(S(2dtruvvm5bw1r2ztyy0erb55))/wind.aspx

Hmmn just dropped a little but still interesting that it was slightly higher and I AM surprised at what a large area Brian is covering!

• Like 1