Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Tour 3 - 2018 chase

Justin P

Posted

Better news for the start of Tour 3. The last four or so runs of GFS have largely dropped the ridge/slack gradient signal for something more conducive to the moisture transport and wind vectors needed for severe convection. Let’s see how it pans out, but I’m sure opportunities will crop up into early June.

• Like 1

Posted
On 22/05/2018 at 07:41, nsrobins said:

Better news for the start of Tour 3. The last four or so runs of GFS have largely dropped the ridge/slack gradient signal for something more conducive to the moisture transport and wind vectors needed for severe convection. Let’s see how it pans out, but I’m sure opportunities will crop up into early June.

Great news!! May the forecast worsen (improve) even more.

Posted
1 hour ago, Justin P said:

Hey guys, do you know when we get our information packs? 

Likewise - assume we will receive this week?

Weather looks pretty warm in USA at the moment. Will be a nice change as we are heading straight into a wet winter here in NZ. Will be packing clothes for all weather conditions.

Posted
On 21/05/2018 at 03:28, Justin P said:

Hey hey! I’ll be arriving into Dallas on the eve on the Monday, if you’re at a loose end hit me up! I was originally going out on the 29th but it’s 300 quid cheaper to fly out on the Monday instead with a 2 hour changeover at Orlando, not too shabby for the sake of the savings.

Missed this message. Will be in touch when I get into Dallas. Eyeing up a Baseball game on either the Monday or Tuesday but I think I miss the games by one day. Hoping to catch some local sport.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cloud 9

Hi Justin 

Graham and i will be arriving around 4.30ish on the 29th.  We plan to go eat at Aspen Creek. it is walking distance from the motel. 

Tom

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer - Storms Winter - Blizzards
8 hours ago, Tom Lynch said:

Hi Justin 

Graham and i will be arriving around 4.30ish on the 29th.  We plan to go eat at Aspen Creek. it is walking distance from the motel. 

Tom

Can we have a candle again....make it all romantic?

9 hours ago, Tom Lynch said:

Hi Justin 

Tom

Great! I should be back in time. I’ve rented a car to go and do some sightseeing so be good to all meet up. When do we expect the info packs? Do you know? 

Posted
15 minutes ago, Justin P said:

Great! I should be back in time. I’ve rented a car to go and do some sightseeing so be good to all meet up. When do we expect the info packs? Do you know? 

They're on their way out today :) 

• Like 2

Posted
1 hour ago, Crashlanding said:

Can we have a candle again....make it all romantic?

Will be extra romantic cos my wife's friend Ann is coming along too. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and anything unusual

Hey guys, just wanted to let you know my flight to Dallas doesn't get in until 22:02 on the 30th. I would like to apologise for being such a dumbass and not booking a flight for before 6 and hope I dont screw anything up for you all. Honestly feel like such an idiot now, if needed i will make my own travel arrangements to join the tour as i really dont want to inconvenience anyone

Posted

Martin, that is very late, any chance of changing your flight ?

And with the pattern looking active you might find it better to try and change

Edited by Paul Sherman

Posted
24 minutes ago, Paul Sherman said:

Thank you

Paul - Will we be meeting up to head off on the morning of the 30th? Will we get some details on all of this in the info pack?

Very excited!!!

Josh

On 22/05/2018 at 23:38, Josh Hickford said:

Likewise - assume we will receive this week?

Weather looks pretty warm in USA at the moment. Will be a nice change as we are heading straight into a wet winter here in NZ. Will be packing clothes for all weather conditions.

41c predicted perfect for thunderstorms right?

Posted
2 hours ago, Justin P said:

41c predicted perfect for thunderstorms right?

Bit warm! all depends on the moisture, large gaps between air temp and dewpoint result in high storm bases and reduce any tornado chances. This doesn't mean % chance for tornadic storms as they can cool themselves down!  (everyday is a schoolday when storm chasing!)

Edited by Crashlanding
adding text

Posted
10 hours ago, Martin Auld said:

Hey guys, just wanted to let you know my flight to Dallas doesn't get in until 22:02 on the 30th. I would like to apologise for being such a dumbass and not booking a flight for before 6 and hope I dont screw anything up for you all. Honestly feel like such an idiot now, if needed i will make my own travel arrangements to join the tour as i really dont want to inconvenience anyone

Maybe see if you can come in the day before?

Posted

I can get a flight into Dallas for 18:02 on the 30th, should I be looking for even earlier flights or does this suffice?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot
16 hours ago, Martin Auld said:

I can get a flight into Dallas for 18:02 on the 30th, should I be looking for even earlier flights or does this suffice?

If you can get earlier then 100%, but that's better than 10pm!

Posted
1 hour ago, Nick L said:

If you can get earlier then 100%, but that's better than 10pm!

Right, so I wasn’t able to get anything earlier than 6pm today, so basically as soon as I land, if you guys are wanting to head out, then you can drag me with you even if I’m jet lagged. I refuse to miss any storm potential especially if the pattern is looking decent 

Posted
8 hours ago, Justin P said:

When do we exchange numbers? I’ll be dropping my car back to the airport around 3-4 ish Tuesday afternoon, I can hang around and meet you guys at the airport? @Tom Lynch

Hi Justin      i guess that may work.  You may need to go to our terminal. We will be phoning for the shuttle bus. 

Great start for me....

Just missed my connecting flight to Dallas from Tampa - flights delayed coming in due to a thunderstorm. Looks like I’ll be staying overnight in Tampa tonight while BA books me on another flight! Where’s that gin!