Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Tour 3 - 2018 chase

Justin P

Posted

Thats a late one and on changeover day as well. Lets hope the weather gods are kind to us and not a risk in Nebraska on the first official chase day of Tour 3 or it could mean a 6 hour drive North straight from landing. Thats why we try to get guests in the day before to acclimatise or during the afternoon on changeover day.

What time is your flight back on the 10th June as again we urge people to make sure the flight is in the late afternoon or early evening once again for ease of chasing on the last day.

Regards

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and anything unusual
2 minutes ago, Paul Sherman said:

Thats a late one and on changeover day as well. Lets hope the weather gods are kind to us and not a risk in Nebraska on the first official chase day of Tour 3 or it could mean a 6 hour drive North straight from landing. Thats why we try to get guests in the day before to acclimatise or during the afternoon on changeover day.

What time is your flight back on the 10th June as again we urge people to make sure the flight is in the late afternoon or early evening once again for ease of chasing on the last day.

Regards

Paul

My flight leaves at 4 in the afternoon on the 10th which is a bit better, as for the late arrival, I’ll just have to get through it, if that means a six hour drive north as soon as I land, bring it on

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer - Storms Winter - Blizzards
On 14/02/2018 at 18:34, Martin Auld said:

My flight leaves at 4 in the afternoon on the 10th which is a bit better, as for the late arrival, I’ll just have to get through it, if that means a six hour drive north as soon as I land, bring it on

Legend!!!!!

• 1 month later...
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot
10 hours ago, Justin P said:

Hey all! I’m going to get a flight booked to go out on 29th from Heathrow with BA - anyone else landing the day before? I’m going lonesome :/

You won't be alone, most people get there the day before, to do otherwise is daft IMO! My mate Jonathan Beverley who is on Tour 3 will be arriving the day before.

Posted
12 hours ago, Justin P said:

Hey all! I’m going to get a flight booked to go out on 29th from Heathrow with BA - anyone else landing the day before? I’m going lonesome :/

Hey up!

Myself and The famous Tom Lynch are on the Ba flight from Heathrow 29th  Flight BA0193 11:25, we get to LHR at 8am so a few customer shandys at the bar beforehand!  if youre there feel free to join us!

• Like 1

On 06/04/2018 at 10:59, Crashlanding said:

Hey up!

Myself and The famous Tom Lynch are on the Ba flight from Heathrow 29th  Flight BA0193 11:25, we get to LHR at 8am so a few customer shandys at the bar beforehand!  if youre there feel free to join us!

Sounds like a grand plan Batman! Is everyone staying at Best Western Irving Inn & Suites at DFW Airport? 

9 hours ago, Justin P said:

Sounds like a grand plan Batman! Is everyone staying at Best Western Irving Inn & Suites at DFW Airport? 

I noticed there are two Best Westerns, the other one is a Best Western Plus at DFW. Which one is it?

Posted
10 hours ago, Justin P said:

I noticed there are two Best Westerns, the other one is a Best Western Plus at DFW. Which one is it?

yeah we will be there!  Best wester is 4110 west airport freeway in Irving!

• 3 weeks later...

Quick question!

Why are flights from LHR to Dallas more expensive than if I booked a flight from Dublin even though I still have to go through LHR which departs the same time. I am talking about a £300 difference (cheaper) if I booked from Dublin. Question is - if I book that flight from Dublin but only turn up at LHR for the connecting flight, can you actually do this?

Posted
10 minutes ago, Justin P said:

Quick question!

Why are flights from LHR to Dallas more expensive than if I booked a flight from Dublin even though I still have to go through LHR which departs the same time. I am talking about a £300 difference (cheaper) if I booked from Dublin. Question is - if I book that flight from Dublin but only turn up at LHR for the connecting flight, can you actually do this?

Its a bizarre situation as this crops up every year! 

i am lead to believe that if you dont check in at Dublin, you will not be able to board at LHR but definitely worth an ask.  maybe call customer services and they may give you the same price?

another reason, i think they try to subsidize flights through BA's biggest hub at T5 LHR so going Via there makes you spend money at T5! 

what flight are you on from LHR? Myself and Tom are on the BA0193 on May 29th...

Posted
41 minutes ago, Justin P said:

Quick question!

Taxes I believe. 

I'm doing a Dublin departure for my trip to Arizona in summer, getting to Dublin the day before. And don't try what you've suggested because it won't work I'm afraid. 

Posted

Boarding after one leg of a multileg trip is definitely not allowed. The check in is only valid at departure of first stage and for ticket purposes multiple legs are considered to be one trip.

Its a pain I know.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cloud 9
On 06/04/2018 at 10:59, Crashlanding said:

Hey up!

Graham  the place where we normally meet 'Crown Rivers' has changed its name and is called Wetherspoon Express.  So if any guests are travelling on our flight. I suggest they aim for there.   We can get mobile numbers nearer the time.  It is passed security. 

• Like 1

Posted

Graham and I are travelling out from Heathrow on the 29th May flight BA 193 and will aim to be at Wetherspoon Express prior to the gate being announced. 

For all guests travelling out on the flight we will exchange mobile numbers so we can meet up. 

Tom  

• 2 weeks later...
Posted

Travelling over from NZ a few days in advance to acclimatize and have a look around Dallas.

Bloody excited for this tour!!! Bring on the bad (good) weather and a tornadofest hopefully.

Josh 

• Like 1

Posted

Hello Josh 

I will be one of the staff members on tour 3 and am looking forward to meeting you.  This is my 17th year chasing and i have to say i am excited too. Never get tired of seeing what mother nature has to offer. 

You will enjoy every minute of the tour.

Tom

• Like 1

Posted
11 hours ago, Tom Lynch said:

Hello Josh 

I will be one of the staff members on tour 3 and am looking forward to meeting you.  This is my 17th year chasing and i have to say i am excited too. Never get tired of seeing what mother nature has to offer. 

You will enjoy every minute of the tour.

Tom

This is all because he is getting old now and forgets every year that he has been chasing!! That's why he is excited!!!

Only Kidding! Tom is a very experienced chaser and you will be in good hands!!  OH YEAH!!!  I'm Driving too on T3!!!!

Looking forward to meeting you too Josh and of course the rest of the guests!

Posted

Fellow staff member here too! I fly out Friday and the butterflies are kicking in...

Posted

Hey you guys are finally getting truly international, what with me having done 3 tours and Jock currently drive.  Have a great trip Josh.  I've travelled from Oz for my trips and its definitely worth getting to Dallas a couple of days earlier to acclimatise to the heat and do some sightseeing.  Am now wishing I was chasing again this year

Posted
8 hours ago, Nick L said:

Fellow staff member here too! I fly out Friday and the butterflies are kicking in...

Lets hope the butterflies in Asia do their thing. 

Posted
9 hours ago, CycloneGail said:

Hey you guys are finally getting truly international, what with me having done 3 tours and Jock currently drive.  Have a great trip Josh.  I've travelled from Oz for my trips and its definitely worth getting to Dallas a couple of days earlier to acclimatise to the heat and do some sightseeing.  Am now wishing I was chasing again this year

Thanks Gail. Certainly getting pretty excited now!! Need to triple check all my camera equipment and get a few extra batteries. 

Have sorted a sweet AirBnB for a few nights pre chase so just need to see what Dallas has to offer now. Looks like I just miss the sports events which is disappointing. Otherwise I don't know too much about Dallas so will have to do some research. 

On 15/05/2018 at 21:19, Josh Hickford said:

Travelling over from NZ a few days in advance to acclimatize and have a look around Dallas.

Bloody excited for this tour!!! Bring on the bad (good) weather and a tornadofest hopefully.

Josh 

Hey hey! I’ll be arriving into Dallas on the eve on the Monday, if you’re at a loose end hit me up! I was originally going out on the 29th but it’s 300 quid cheaper to fly out on the Monday instead with a 2 hour changeover at Orlando, not too shabby for the sake of the savings.