Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

acerus weather ranger

Posted

my acerus weatheranger stopped reporting to Wunderground this morning when I checked it the clock on the console had stopped/locked at 02:44 that was when it stopped reporting I turned off the console and restarted it. seemed to work ok after and is still working.

has anyone had this problem before with this weather station.

Gordon 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow/Thunderstorms
49 minutes ago, Gordon Dodman said:

my acerus weatheranger stopped reporting to Wunderground this morning when I checked it the clock on the console had stopped/locked at 02:44 that was when it stopped reporting I turned off the console and restarted it. seemed to work ok after and is still working.

has anyone had this problem before with this weather station.

Gordon 

I have a few of these stations, not had any problems with them as yet, but I know from reviews that the console can sometimes cause a few issues after a number of years.

How long have you had the station for?

Edited by vizzy2004

• 3 weeks later...
Posted
On 10/16/2017 at 12:45, Gordon Dodman said:

Hi Vizzy

the station is a couple of months old it just seemed strange that the clock had literally stuck as it was not changing time not even the seconds were changing.

Gordon 

Hi Gordon

Funny thing is my weather station Aercus Instrument sleuth stopped reporting to Wunderground on the 10th oct i have restarted it and it will not report to Wunderground no matter what i do i have downloaded software again done all the troubleshooting guides to no avail.

The station is reporting fine to the ip tool i'm really stuck on what i can do iv even messaged Wunderground days ago and there not much help for they have yet to reply to me...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

I suspect it's a problem WU's end. I have lost count of the problems I have had with them, every month there's an issue, whether it's the webcams or the station data. I just leave it now, i cannot be bothered to even investigate or solve the problem. Eventually it rectifies itself until the next time. As for getting a reply from WU, you have no hope. There's one person that deals with all inquiries by email, and they have backlogs of tens of thousands of questions/complaints. It wouldn't surprise me if WU will eventually stop all data being uploaded to their site - they have been slowly removing things over the past year. IBM who now own WU don't give two pips about end users. I don't know if it includes all countries, but I do know that they sell users data in the US. You're better off making your own site to view your data rather than relying on a third party site. The other alternative is to send your data to Weathercloud, it's far more stable.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

I know this isn't directly related, but I thought i'd add it as a follow up to my post above.

Webcams have stopped showing on Wunderground.. again.. somebody received an email  (which is a surprise in itself) from WU:

Hi David, thanks for all your reporting of issues with webcams over the past few months. Due to the difficulty we've had maintaining this feature, its negative ROI, and the downsizing of our staff, it has been decided to drop the webcam feature from WU on December 15. An announcement will go up on our webcam page on Wednesday. I'm sorry to see this feature go.

That's another thing WU are doing away with. It won't be long before they stop station data being sent to them, I suspect.

Posted

Yes, I've noticed a slow deterioration aswell recently. The latest annoyance is the inability to switch from fahrenheit to celcius on their main PWS page. The option to change it is there, but it doesn't work most of the time. Highly irritating.

Edited by reef

• 2 years later...

I have an Aercus Weathersleuth and the clock on it has gone haywire, it is always slow sometimes a couple of months, sometimes an hour or so but not exactly 1 hour. It seems to advance by a minute every 5 or 10 minutes. It took me ages to spot this behaviour but if the time is quite wrong it will not log to Weather underground. I use Weewx in observer mode which intercepts packets and forwards to WU, once I had identified the problem I substituted the time from the Raspberry (running Weewx) in the interceptor code and forward this to WU. Now works fine. In  my case It also forwards to Emoncms which works fine too.