Holidays
Local
Radar
Snow?
Sign in to follow this  
Nick L

UEFA Nations League

32 minutes ago, weirpig said:

Delph??  what about Maddison?.  why is Lingard still in      No Luke Shaw which im a little surprised at   Also i thought Wan Bissaka  might have got a chance ahead of Trippier    Also call me biased  but i think Cody has had a better season than Stones and Keane

He did to a neutral observer, too. The omission of Maddison is laughable, how can Nathan Redmond be in front of him? I like Nathan Redmond, but he's nowhere near the talent that Maddison is (and I've seen a lot of both of them in recent seasons).

On 16/05/2019 at 14:29, Summer Sun said:

England squad for the nations league finals

Goalkeepers: 

Jack Butland, Tom Heaton, Jordan Pickford

Defenders: 

Trent Alexander-Arnold, Ben Chilwell, Joe Gomez, Michael Keane, Harry Maguire, Danny Rose, John Stones, Kieran Trippier, Kyle Walker

Midfielders: 

Dele Alli, Ross Barkley Fabian Delph, Eric Dier, Jordan Henderson, Jesse Lingard, Nathan Redmond, Declan Rice, James Ward-Prowse, Harry Winks

Strikers:

Harry Kane, Marcus Rashford, Jadon Sancho, Raheem Sterling, Callum Wilson 

The final squad has seen the following left out

Kieran Trippier, Harry Winks, Nathan Redmond & James Ward-Prowse

Portugal are into Sunday's nations league final after beating Switzerland 3-1

A PR gaff has revealed Raheem Sterling will be captain for England tonight

ENGLAND TEAM NEWS

Team to play Netherlands: Pickford, Walker, Stones, Maguire, Chilwell, Rice, Delph, Barkley, Sterling, Sancho, Rashford

39 minutes ago, weirpig said:

ENGLAND TEAM NEWS

Team to play Netherlands: Pickford, Walker, Stones, Maguire, Chilwell, Rice, Delph, Barkley, Sterling, Sancho, Rashford

Fabian Delph?

24 minutes ago, Yarmy said:

Fabian Delph?

Huh?

Whatever this game is, England are currently leading in it.

Walker - what a plonk! I wouldnt put him in the squad to prepare the half time oranges, let alone play.

4 minutes ago, Bristle boy said:

Walker - what a plonk! I wouldnt put him in the squad to prepare the half time oranges, let alone play.

Strange performance, but it’s a strange team. Fantastic support though, best I’ve heard at an England game in a while. 

And now Lingard on for Sancho. Bizarre.

Both VAR decisions correct, but it doesn’t half mess up the flow of the game.

19 minutes ago, Bristle boy said:

Absolutely pathetic

I refer the honourable members to my earlier comment. Dear oh dear!

Jeez, diabolical defending again.  

Unbelievable conversation going on between Tyler and Neville on whether England should be "playing it out from the back".

Hello! The best teams in the world have been "playing it out from the back" for decades! 

We all make passionate comments when England mess up but, honestly, Stones should never wear the England shirt again. 

England revert back to being cack against better teams

3 minutes ago, PerfectStorm said:

We all make passionate comments when England mess up but, honestly, Stones should never wear the England shirt again. 

Has he played much this season? One of those hyped-up players from a few seasons ago who hasnt really developed imo.

Awful   overrun in Midfield,  Walker was shocking   same goes for Stones   Delph????     What it shows is however England as improved over the years  we still dont have the players to be able to.

1.  Play out from the back

2. Dictate the flow of the game.

Englands game as always been based on power and pace   Our midfield  however functional it may be  is not equiped to play one two touch  football.  Just my opinion but with the pace wie have up top  a more direct approach would be more beneficial .  For some time  i have always thought the style of players available to England is similar to Liverpool ( albeit not on the same level)   A functional Midfield  with a potent pacey front Three.  I just dont think a continental style play suits us.       

VAR denies England for the 2nd time in 3-day's and prolongs the season by at least another 30 minutes

England beat Switzerland 6-5 on penalties to claim 3rd place in the Nations League

7 hours ago, Summer Sun said:

England beat Switzerland 6-5 on penalties to claim 3rd place in the Nations League

still don't see the point of the nations league ...and honestly does even anyone care?

On 07/06/2019 at 09:25, weirpig said:

Awful   overrun in Midfield,  Walker was shocking   same goes for Stones   Delph????     What it shows is however England as improved over the years  we still dont have the players to be able to.

1.  Play out from the back

2. Dictate the flow of the game.

Englands game as always been based on power and pace   Our midfield  however functional it may be  is not equiped to play one two touch  football.  Just my opinion but with the pace wie have up top  a more direct approach would be more beneficial .  For some time  i have always thought the style of players available to England is similar to Liverpool ( albeit not on the same level)   A functional Midfield  with a potent pacey front Three.  I just dont think a continental style play suits us.       

Not comfortable enough with the ball to play it out from the back

47 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

Not comfortable enough with the ball to play it out from the back

Maybe. A sad indictment on the PL and English players. Progress? No.

Anyone old enough to remember the England 1970 World Cup team and squad? Anyone who isnt take a look on Youtube. Bobby Moore was class and totally comfortable playing out from the back. To think that almost 50 years on England cant produce players who can play like him or his old 'foe' Beckanbauer, is dreadful.

Anyone who thinks an England team/squad can win trophies lumping the ball forward needs to watch some footage from Graham Taylor's England manager era.

#realitycheck