Holidays
Local
Radar
Snow?
Sign in to follow this  
Nick L

UEFA Nations League

If the score stays the same, does this mean England haven't qualified for Euro 2020?

I've heard that this competition is linked to qualification for Euro 2020, but I don't understand the complexity of it all.

England are going to the nations league finals next summer in Portugal

5 June: Semi-final 1
6 June: Semi-final 2
9 June: Third-place play-off
9 June: Final 

27 minutes ago, AWD said:

If the score stays the same, does this mean England haven't qualified for Euro 2020?

I've heard that this competition is linked to qualification for Euro 2020, but I don't understand the complexity of it all.

Is this linked to UEFA EURO 2020 qualifying?

Not really. The last four UEFA EURO 2020 places go to the winners of mini-tournament between the top four-ranked teams in each of the four UEFA Nations League groupings (A–D), but this is separate to the UEFA Nations League Finals. The only bearing these Finals have on qualifying is that the four contenders will be placed in five-team groups rather than six.

Northern Ireland finish the Nations League with 4 successive defeats and relegation from Group B3

They have now lost four competitive home games in a row for the first time

Edited by Summer Sun

8 hours ago, Summer Sun said:

England are going to the nations league finals next summer in Portugal

5 June: Semi-final 1
6 June: Semi-final 2
9 June: Third-place play-off
9 June: Final 

i will miss it..i think im washing my hair on those days

Turned out to be a cracking tournament after all. So much better than pointless friendlies. Plus we've guaranteed a Euro 2020 play-off spot by winning the group.

The Nations League finals are sorted

Netherlands
England
Portugal
Switzerland

To me the Nations League is far better than meaningless friendlies, and also an opportunity to try out new combinations without the absolute pressure of qualifying.

46 minutes ago, J10 said:

To me the Nations League is far better than meaningless friendlies, and also an opportunity to try out new combinations without the absolute pressure of qualifying.

Yep, it's been enjoyable if complicated. And England have proven they can beat the top sides in a competitive environment. We should have drawn against Spain at home too.

Well done Scotland! Would be great to see them qualify. 

Not the nations league but what an embarrassing defeat that was for Wales tonight

Martin O'Neill and Roy Keane have parted company with the Republic of Ireland after failing to win any matches in the nations league

On 19/11/2018 at 15:57, Nick L said:

Yep, it's been enjoyable if complicated. And England have proven they can beat the top sides in a competitive environment. We should have drawn against Spain at home too.

I wouldn't read anything into this..like West Ham beating Man City in the carbonated water cup and saying we are a top side..when push comes to shove in a real competition we pretty much know who would win.

16 hours ago, cheeky_monkey said:

I wouldn't read anything into this..like West Ham beating Man City in the carbonated water cup and saying we are a top side..when push comes to shove in a real competition we pretty much know who would win.

You don't like any other competition than the Premier League, I think we get it 👍

Nations league semi-finals

Portugal v Switzerland - 5th June

Netherlands v England - 6th June

Edited by Summer Sun

UEFA have now sorted out the hosts for the finals

5 June: Portugal v Switzerland (Porto) 19:45

6 June: Netherlands v England (Guimaraes) 19:45

9 June: UEFA Nations League final (Porto) 19:45
              Game to decide third place (Guimaraes) 14:00

Just day's after the Europa league and Champions league finals up to 11 England players will be heading to Portugal for the Nations League Finals 

Trent Alexander-Arnold, Joe Gomez, Jordan Henderson, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, Danny Rose, Kieran Trippier, Eric Dier, Dele Alli, Harry Winks, Ross Barkley and Ruben Loftus-Cheek could all be called up 

With pre-seasons getting underway in early July most of those players could end up with just 4 weeks off 

19 hours ago, Summer Sun said:

Just day's after the Europa league and Champions league finals up to 11 England players will be heading to Portugal for the Nations League Finals 

Trent Alexander-Arnold, Joe Gomez, Jordan Henderson, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, Danny Rose, Kieran Trippier, Eric Dier, Dele Alli, Harry Winks, Ross Barkley and Ruben Loftus-Cheek could all be called up 

With pre-seasons getting underway in early July most of those players could end up with just 4 weeks off 

Not sure some club managers will be happy    Winks has been injured  and both the Ox and Gomez  just coming back from lengthy injuries    

England squad for the nations league finals

Goalkeepers: 

Jack Butland, Tom Heaton, Jordan Pickford

Defenders: 

Trent Alexander-Arnold, Ben Chilwell, Joe Gomez, Michael Keane, Harry Maguire, Danny Rose, John Stones, Kieran Trippier, Kyle Walker

Midfielders: 

Dele Alli, Ross Barkley Fabian Delph, Eric Dier, Jordan Henderson, Jesse Lingard, Nathan Redmond, Declan Rice, James Ward-Prowse, Harry Winks

Strikers:

Harry Kane, Marcus Rashford, Jadon Sancho, Raheem Sterling, Callum Wilson 

Just now, Summer Sun said:

England squad for the nations league finals

Goalkeepers: 

Jack Butland, Tom Heaton, Jordan Pickford

Defenders: 

Trent Alexander-Arnold, Ben Chilwell, Joe Gomez, Michael Keane, Harry Maguire, Danny Rose, John Stones, Kieran Trippier, Kyle Walker

Midfielders: 

Dele Alli, Ross Barkley Fabian Delph, Eric Dier, Jordan Henderson, Jesse Lingard, Nathan Redmond, Declan Rice, James Ward-Prowse, Harry Winks

Strikers:

Harry Kane, Marcus Rashford, Jadon Sancho, Raheem Sterling, Callum Wilson 

Delph??  what about Maddison?.  why is Lingard still in      No Luke Shaw which im a little surprised at   Also i thought Wan Bissaka  might have got a chance ahead of Trippier    Also call me biased  but i think Cody has had a better season than Stones and Keane. 

Unless Southgate has the under 21s in mind   thats the only reason i can see why  Wan Bissaka and maddison are not included