Cold?
Local
Radar
Snow?

Spotted a post you think may be an issue? Please help the team by reporting it.
  • Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

their armoured vehicles are being made ready-

I'm pretty sure the sky turning yellow is the met office trying out a new warning system after some backlash. 

Looking forward to my trip to #Ireland

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, Fiona Robertson said:

It's from here. It's the pressure observation map, not a model, apparently.

http://www.xcweather.co.uk/

Would it be possible for anyone to verify this chart with live pressure data from the Irish Sea, from buoys etc?  I've spent a few minutes scratching around on the web trying to find this information, but being a newbie when it comes to weather I didn't find anything of use.  

Posted
    10 minutes ago, Ice Day said:

Well the feature is still there on the 20:38 updated image.  Not sure if it's going to deepen much but worth keeping an eye on for sure (no pun intended!)

.  59e50bc7aa85f_XCWeather.thumb.gif.1196fe742d0bbb35dbfd500917915965.gif

Anyone hazard a guess to which direction it will move? I assume north westwards up the Irish Sea?

Posted
    3 minutes ago, Wavey50 said:

Would it be possible for anyone to verify this chart with live pressure data from the Irish Sea, from buoys etc?  I've spent a few minutes scratching around on the web trying to find this information, but being a newbie when it comes to weather I didn't find anything of use.  

I would love to know the same, potential for some very extreme gusts across north Cumbria/ southern Scotland 

Posted
    Just now, Wavey50 said:

I wouldn't know where to start. It's supposedly from observations. I noticed what someone else mentioned - the wind directions seem strange. It began as a wee kink in the isobars at 18:00 and was there at 19:00. I've only just found it myself.

Posted
    Just now, crimsone said:

Is the new one a fully fledged system yet?

They might have a little dance.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fujiwhara_effect#Extratropical_cyclones

Got a link for the eurosat infrared?. The one that updates frequently? I've just got Cesium water vapour and IR that updates hourly. What would the pressure chart look like for a sting jet?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hurricanes, Thunderstorms and blizzards please!
    5 minutes ago, Weegaz said:

Anyone hazard a guess to which direction it will move? I assume north westwards up the Irish Sea?

That would be the assumption, but looking at the recent animation it just seems to be sitting in situ....quite odd.

Posted
    14 minutes ago, Snowyowl9 said:

Ophelia delivered solidly,maybe slightly underesdimated.

bracka.gif

The east on england was never expected to get much from this.

ex  for a very  odd red  sun this afternoon!!

Posted
    Just now, Fiona Robertson said:

Got a link for the eurosat infrared?. The one that updates frequently? I've just got Cesium water vapour and IR that updates hourly. What would the pressure chart look like for a sting jet?

Stich get tends to occur just on the outside of a frontal hook, so I'm not sure you'd see it on a slp chart.

Alas, I do not have a eurosat link. I'm sure someone else here does though.

Posted
    Just now, crimsone said:

Stich get tends to occur just on the outside of a frontal hook, so I'm not sure you'd see it on a slp chart.

Alas, I do not have a eurosat link. I'm sure someone else here does though.

Someone just posted it. It dissipates, but seems to pop up again at 20:55

Posted

Looks like it might be at the front tip of the outer band that wraps around the west side. Anyone here on the Isle of Man that can tell up what's happening on the ground? Seems to be right on top of them.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: North Atlantic cyclogenesis

Not much showing up on Meteoblue https://www.meteoblue.com/en/weather/forecast/week/glasgow_united-kingdom_2648579

Edited by BurntFishTrousers
    2 minutes ago, Fiona Robertson said:

Looks like it might be at the front tip of the outer band that wraps around the west side. Anyone here on the Isle of Man that can tell up what's happening on the ground? Seems to be right on top of them.

IOM has sailed to calmer waters :rofl:

• Like 2
    Posted

It may be have been caused by Dubliners out with hairdryers looking another day off, If it’s worked I’m going to rally the hairdryer brigade in Belfast for a bit of the same. :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Non Destructive Near My House
    9 minutes ago, Wavey50 said:

The buoy data was staring me in the face!  Hover your mouse near the centre of that mysterious Irish Sea feature and it gives you data for buoy "M2", seemingly near the centre.  And the pressure there is....  1039mb?!?

BuoyM2.jpg

Isnt that a higher pressure. Is it a faulty buoy?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hurricanes, Thunderstorms and blizzards please!

The updated map from 21:09 has the new feature still there, not moving.....not doing anything really.  Pressure seems to be around 1002 so it doesn't appear that this is going to be of much interest?!

59e5131b47d07_XCWeather.thumb.gif.677e6a796ab1a4b136c8fb7abc0d0216.gif

Edited by Ice Day