Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?

Posted
5 minutes ago, mountain shadow said:

Agreed, nothing bad here at all.

The sustained winds were pretty yuck up here in Mallusk. Prob worse sustained I’ve experienced, but felt higher gusts in storms in past. 

Are we due anymore at any point or is that it done with us? 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.
1 hour ago, SNOW_JOKE said:

London looking like it's been plucked from the banks of the Thames onto Mars looking at the twitter-feed pictures

tt.thumb.png.48df654a5d8cd083972d6966c0730557.png555.thumb.png.657af78c06566b0020a8465497ffb64a.png

Very strange outside from about 2pm, got some pictures on the phone similar but not as good as these with the sun going orange and then dark red, went very dark about 3pm and seemed like late evening with a strange glow. I was in a coffee shop and some friends even asked we to go outside and see what was going on it was so dark and eerie for the time of day.

100 year anniversary of the miracle of the sun at Fatima Portugal of course this week, and the seers were saying to look out for signs in the sun and the sky that would represent a bad omen, and Portugal just missed the storm but it has fanned the wild fires over there that have caused many death already.

Coincidence?:blink2::unsure2:

Edited by snowray
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes
7 minutes ago, crimsone said:

Needed a red warning for N. Ireland and an Amber for coastal Wales last night rather than this morning. N. Ireland needed the red simply because the Irish border doesn't stop the weather and it seemed, frankly, odd... but I can accept that amber should have been warning enough given a comment about seriousness (though, what's the point of a red warning if you never use it?). It was reasonably clear that the Pembrokeshire coast at least was reasonably likely to take a battering today though.

I suspect it's not entirely the Met Offices fault though. Amber triggers contingency/emergency planning, and there seems to be a culture of disincentive in the UK when it comes to things like that.

Well the part of Belfast I'm at definitely didn't warrant a red warning and I think the biggest impacts from Ophelia have been felt in coastal areas of the Republic. Winds have eased here already and it has been somewhat anticlimatic.

Feb 2014 storm was a notch up on this one IMO...that was truly quite scary at the time and did feature a Metoffice red warning.

Edited by CreweCold
  • Like 2

Posted
2 minutes ago, CreweCold said:

Well the part of Belfast I'm at definitely didn't warrant a red warning and I think the biggest impacts from Ophelia have been felt in coastal areas of the Republic. Winds have eased here already and it has been somewhat anticlimatic.

Feb 2014 storm was a notch up on this one IMO...that was truly quite scary at the time.

No warning is going (usually) to be relevant to every spot within the area, but on an area wide basis, this seems to me like a pretty significant impact...

https://www.scribblemaps.com/maps/view/Northern_Ireland_-_Live_Flood_Warnings__Weather_related_incidents_/b5tcCpgGqK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, crisp, calm and sunny
12 minutes ago, karlos1983 said:

Have we heard from Daniel who was heading to Pembrokeshire overnight? Not seen him post

I've been wondering that all day and keeping an eye out for any posts from him.  Hope he's ok.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, and wind storms

an absolutely incredible looking polluted sunset over here!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers
4 minutes ago, Soaring Hawk said:

I've been wondering that all day and keeping an eye out for any posts from him.  Hope he's ok.

He’s probably on Vodafone:rofl:  

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snow winter, Warm/hot summer, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales

Winds have really ramped up here in the half hour or so, expecting to see reports of trees down especially with the sodden ground.

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Gusts around 60mph here currently.

Net-Wx sr for 8pm

viewimage-17.thumb.png.817992d4da98f1c79507fb273757fe43.png

Edited by Polar Maritime

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: windy

Barely gusting over 40 mph here at the moment, looks like the central belt will get the worst between 1am - 3am but nothing more than gale, maybe touching on severe gale force.

Posted

As an aside. some very high temperatures recorded in France and Spain today. Vichy currently top at 29.4c according to Meteociel but a number of stations above 30c.

Anyone know what the October temperature record for France is - would imagine 32-34c somewhere sometime (probably down south) ?

Posted
8 minutes ago, Soaring Hawk said:

He posted a photo of the rough sea on his Facebook page a couple of hours ago.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Sth Staffs/Shrops 105m/345' & NW Snowdonia 219m/719'
  • Location: Sth Staffs/Shrops 105m/345' & NW Snowdonia 219m/719'

Flood warnings are out for Tidal surges for most of the Welsh coast.

Almost high tide in Abersoch with big swell.

http://84.21.128.93/cgi-bin/guestimage.html

current.jpg

Edited by kar999

Posted

30 min average sustained winds of 61kts at Castletown Breakwater. That's 3 knots away from Category 1 Hurricane speeds, and they use 1 min average for those scales...

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunder & Lightning, Thundersnow, Storms, Heatwave

Milford Haven Port Authority recorded a 87mph gust this afternoon. A lot of trees down in Pembrokeshire! Some coastal flooding at high tide too!

C40B55AC-AA21-432B-A63B-6012329E5E43.jpeg

F278B152-38EA-4703-BF55-33C1430AACA8.png

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.
22 minutes ago, karlos1983 said:

Have we heard from Daniel who was heading to Pembrokeshire overnight? Not seen him post

Last post I saw from him he said that he was not going to go because no-one would go with him on the long round trip. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms,

I did indeed make the drive down there, left a little before high tide because the wind was just getting ridiculous and it was blowing the dry sand up into almost dust storm conditions, incredible to see really!

Drove along on Freshwater East for an hour or two as well!

Small fiestas are not comfortable to sleep in! 

• Like 9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms and Snow, lots of snow...
3 minutes ago, snowray said:

Last post I saw from him he said that he was not going to go because no-one would go with him on the long round trip. 

He changed his mind again and said he was just gona go for it.

I've not seen any posts but someone further up thread said he posted some pics in his Facebook page a few hours back so I guess hes ok and enjoying the ride!

Edited by Snowstalker
opps cross post!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms,
9 minutes ago, karlos1983 said:

He’s probably on Vodafone:rofl:  

Hahaha yep! I’ve had absolutely no signal which sucks! 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes n snow

Still dust in air.

20171016_174139-2448x1377.jpg

Posted
27 minutes ago, snowydog said:

Are we due anymore at any point or is that it done with us? 

We've seen the worst of it here, if worst is the right word.

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

Still fairly quiet here gusting to lower forties.

Posted
1 minute ago, Snowstalker said:

He changed his mind again and said he was just gona go for it.

I've not seen any posts but someone further up thread said he posted some pics in his Facebook page a few hours back so I guess hes ok and enjoying the ride!

Ahhh, right you are. Well certainly more in the way of exciting weather than was expected for west Wales, fun day out I'm sure, I would have asked him if I could have gone along for the ride if I hadn't been busy earlier on today.:)

• Like 1