Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, crisp, calm and sunny
2 minutes ago, Snipper said:

The strange light seems rather boding. Seemed quite appropriate for me as my brother died last night. I know he was more than a little annoyed. We all were 

S

Very sorry about your brother Snipper. Hope you and your family will be alright in the future. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Cold weather.

Power just went out twice in past half hour, will most likely go out fully later. Think worst is yet to come for north louth area.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

All schools in Northern Ireland will be closed tomorrow after met office advise

360,000 homes and businesses without power

Edited by Summer Sun

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
13 minutes ago, snow raven said:

I'm at work in central London.  I popped outside to take some photos of the sky earlier, but my camera on my phone didn't do it justice.  The pictures above are exactly how the sky went - really eerie!

sepia.jpg

Correction to my earlier post - I definitely have not seen a sky like that before...I'm guessing that Matt Damon might feel quite at home!:D

Posted
5 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

Interesting to note.. Looking at my solar data, at exactly midday, I recorded 9W/m² of solar energy. That's around the equivalent output just before sunset.

chart.thumb.png.3b828245d622613a21ea75e7134f4240.png

Mapantz good to see you around still. Yes it was most certainly a very interesting morning. I think for us, Thurs and Friday are looking interesting..

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk
3 minutes ago, Weather-history said:

Remarkable, how did that compare to the 2015 solar eclipse, if you have the data?

Unfortunately, I didn't have a solar rad sensor back then. I'd love to know the readings myself! I'm sure someone has some data from around then. It really has made for an interesting day, despite not being directly impacted by the storm. :)

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Sth Staffs/Shrops 105m/345' & NW Snowdonia 219m/719'
6 minutes ago, Weather-history said:

Could the key be is that it is a dry cold front?

If there was rain it would have washed out the pollutants? It would be interesting if there were just spots of rain falling with it, could be blood rain.

Some "sandy" rain must have fallen.. earlier tweet from Midlands Today weather presenter..

• Like 2

Posted

Wind has increased here (Cornwall) in the last few hours some ferocious gusts but sun is still managing to peek through the increasing clouds. 

Posted

Winds starting to pick up in the last hour, very gusty, the trees desperately trying to cling onto their summer foliage.  Leaves flying everywhere, can't imagine what it's like in the Irish sea right now.

1 minute ago, dodgeredee said:

Winds starting to pick up in the last hour, very gusty, the trees desperately trying to cling onto their summer foliage.  Leaves flying everywhere, can't imagine what it's like in the Irish sea right now.

It feels like it's a brewin ,completely under Ophelia now 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Hot and Sunny but not opressive
11 minutes ago, Weather-history said:

Could the key be is that it is a dry cold front?

If there was rain it would have washed out the pollutants? It would be interesting if there were just spots of rain falling with it, could be blood rain.

There was a few spots of rain but not enough to identify if this was the case .

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and breezy with a bit of cloud, about 20C

Sky now moving back to a normal late afternoon grey. Never seen the sky change so much in such a short period of time.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

With all the weird skies going on, completely missed how much the temperature has dropped this afternoon. Was about 21c at lunchtime, now about 15c. Back to the jeans I think...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms
3 minutes ago, Nick L said:

With all the weird skies going on, completely missed how much the temperature has dropped this afternoon. Was about 21c at lunchtime, now about 15c. Back to the jeans I think...

The exact opposite here. Went from 15C to 20C.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spicy weather

About 19 degrees here and now the sun has gone, dark clouds are rolling in and the wind has lifted.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm summers,gales, thunder lightning frosty mornings .

It's 20C here too . Think I'm on the edge of the action although the wind is picking up and gusts are strengthening . 

Posted
17 minutes ago, Paul said:

Damage further down the Llyn at Pwllheli...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Wind, Thunder, Snow, warm sunshine!

Quite a surreal end to my day at work seeing that sky go so dark like the heavens where about to unleash a torrent but remarkably hardly a drop of rain as of yet although the wind has got up in the last couple of hours and I also got a brief glimpse of that red sun, honestly about an hour or so ago I witnessed the most impressive looking sky I've ever seen. It looked apocalyptic like something from a horror movie, dark clumpy clouds and day seemed to turn into night in minutes with an orange glow probably caused by the Saharan dust and the sun behind the cloud, remember those clouds rolling in during the film Independence Day it was not dissimilar to that and the other thing I've noticed about today here in Essex is how ridiculously warm it has been, I was actually sweating earlier felt more like August not mid-October and what with hurricane-force winds on the other side of the country rather like the 16th October 30 years ago today will not be forgotten in a hurry and what's more is it looks like more stormy weather is on the horizon for later on this week.

• Like 5