Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?

Posted
6 minutes ago, Squall said:

It actually looks like it is going to miss us all or am i just being naively hopeful?

unfortunately yes. the strongest winds will be to the east of the storm centre -

w15081552001512.thumb.gif.74281f2994372269bbae414d02221a60.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, crisp, calm and sunny

Made me laugh...

Twitter (Jason Ashford @jasonashford89) 

"Whatever your political view on the border, you have to be impressed by the fact that it's hurricane proof"

IMG_0410.JPG

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spicy weather
Just now, bobbydog said:

unfortunately yes. the strongest winds will be to the east of the storm centre -

w15081552001512.thumb.gif.74281f2994372269bbae414d02221a60.gif

Thats a shame. Thought everyone, including Ireland, may escape the worst :cray:

Posted
Just now, Squall said:

Thats a shame. Thought everyone, including Ireland, may escape the worst :cray:

it does look like its slightly west of predicted track on the latest satellite, wales may see less of an impact but ireland is still in for a severe battering.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spicy weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold weather. Storms are pretty good too.
1 minute ago, MattStoke said:

The wonderful irony. The weather could not have timed in better!

Oh I so laughed at that! I remember the original 'there isn't' and although it wasn't technically a hurricane the hurricane force winds gusting to 115mph in my region could have fooled anyone. It did me!!! This time,..... oh the irony that it actually IS a hurricane on the way!

Sorry to anyone in the danger areas, it isn't funny at all for them and having been there, and got the postcard you have ALL my sympathy.

Posted
Just now, MattStoke said:

The wonderful irony. The weather could not have timed in better!

You could not add it up furthermore the Mexico earthquake occurred on the thirty second anniversary of the ‘big one’. Strange but exhilarating times we live in, he hasn’t aged at all rather he looks younger, what’s Mr Fish’s secrets. :p 

Posted
19 minutes ago, frogesque said:

Less concerned about absolute wind speeds, more about sustained speeds.

Also, how much rain is associated with Ophelia? We already have ground that's pretty well saturated and trees still heavily laden with leaves. I can see some uprooting and branches coming off. Could see a lot of disruption in the West and Central Belt of Scotland. Flooding a possibility as well. 

Not into Express doomagedon territory but could be nasty all the same.

Central belt east of West Calder is not in any warning area...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: severe storms,snow wind and ice
4 minutes ago, Soaring Hawk said:

Made me laugh...

Twitter (Jason Ashford @jasonashford89) 

"Whatever your political view on the border, you have to be impressed by the fact that it's hurricane proof"

IMG_0410.JPG

thow shall not pass:rofl:

castle%20black%20the%20wall%20game%20of%

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Tropical and Convective Weather

all is calm in Bethesda N Wales atm waiting for tomorrow's situation could get quite bad been watching the models the last few days track keeps shifting east on each run which concerns me that it hangs by the thread as tropical.

Edited by Richard David McCarthy
  • Like 2

Posted
7 minutes ago, coldfingers1 said:

Oh I so laughed at that! I remember the original 'there isn't' and although it wasn't technically a hurricane the hurricane force winds gusting to 115mph in my region could have fooled anyone. It did me!!! This time,..... oh the irony that it actually IS a hurricane on the way!

Sorry to anyone in the danger areas, it isn't funny at all for them and having been there, and got the postcard you have ALL my sympathy.

It wasn't un-technically a hurricane either. It was a European windstorm that underwent rapid cyclogenesis and got amplified somewhat by the presence of a sting jet.

That was, as it is said, normal british weather - just in the upper range of it's possibilities is all. The only thing that were particularly special about it were the location and how quickly it developed really. The Burns Day Storm was also nasty.

Edited by crimsone

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Click on my name - sorry, it was too long to fit here......

Met Office forecast for me giving 50mph plus wind gusts s for seventeen straight hours now (up in the Pennines). You can guarantee that something will get blown over on the motorway, everyone pilling off and there will be gridlock for hours, with kids stuck at school and so on.

Edited by ukpaul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: severe storms,snow wind and ice

I am so glad that i am not on the morning shift tomorrow otherwise i would be in bed now,it's been a good night in here tonight:D

but will miss most of the action tomorrow afternoon so i will have a lot of catching up to do tomorrow night:nonono:

Edited by Allseasons-si

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold weather. Storms are pretty good too.
1 minute ago, crimsone said:

It wasn't un-technically a hurricane either. It was a European windstorm that underwent rapid cyclogenesis and got amplified somewhat by the presence of a sting jet.

This is, as you say, normal british weather - just in the upper range of it's possibilities is all.

Haha! So says someone who lives in the Midlands and didn't experience the event!

"normal british weather" I don't think so!!! I am undoubtedly far, far older than you and NEVER before was what I experienced that night in any way, shape or form, "normal british weather!" My mother was 60 years old at the time and she would also agree! Never before in LIVING MEMORY had ANYONE in Southern England  experienced winds like that! Maybe in the Highlands of Scotland but NEVER in Southern Britain!

115 mph is NOT normal Southern weather for sure!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hurricanes, Thunderstorms and blizzards please!
4 minutes ago, Mokidugway said:

It's going to spare most of England and Wales by the looks of it 

It does look that way which would explain the lack of additional warnings from the Met Office. Southern Ireland will be taking the brunt of this, going to be a wild day tomorrow for our Irish friends.

Posted
1 minute ago, ukpaul said:

Met Office forecast for me giving 50mph plus winds for seventeen straight hours now (up in the Pennines). You can guarantee that something will get blown over on the motorway, everyone pilling off and there will be gridlock for hours, with kids stuck at school and so on.

The M6 near Birmingham and Coventry sees a smash every other day in relatively normal weather. I sincerely doubt the winds will be that bad here compared with even Wales, but I still full well expect travel chaos as a consequence.

Posted
3 minutes ago, Martin R said:

Son lives in Trowbridge going up the white horse tomorrow,looks like he will see some okay gusts

im in westbury 1 mile below the westbury white horse ...and yes could be fun parakite weather :)

• Like 1

Posted
11 minutes ago, Richard David McCarthy said:

all is calm in Bethesda N Wales atm waiting for tomorrow's situation could get quite bad been watching the models the last few days track keeps shifting east on each run which concerns me that it hangs by the thread as tropical.

Good luck. I have a feeling you're going to need it.