Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thundery summers, very snowy winters! Huge Atlantic Storms!

Here's what I think will happen. Seeing the little Eastward shift is making me think it'll take this sort of path. 

Long shot but let's see! Haha. 

sketch-1508088657109.thumb.png.befa0b9f2458a2729a8eec61321740b2.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms!! (With the odd gale thrown in)
8 minutes ago, Longtimelurker said:

Irish weather FC mentioned all areas of the country may be upgraded to a red warning in the next couple of hours. I never seen such a dramatic weather forecast.

I have a feeling that this is going to be a shock for a lot more people than previously thought, don't underestimate the ability of major storms to suddenly change path, so we all need to be aware of this.

Much as I love extreme weather, it would be dreadful for people to be caught out due to lack of forecast/advisory warnings... 30 years to the day?!?!?

Take care all and let's hope we don't lose as many trees as we did last time out!

Edited by Sno' problem
  • Like 2

Posted

Good evening all from Storm HQ 

I must be the member most at risk from this one and will update where and when I can.

I wonder should it really be a business close day along with schools. I mean the US evacuate for larger systems.

• Like 3

Posted
1 minute ago, The Eagle said:

Mandatory closure of schools in all red counties now.

Sensible!

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, January Snowstorm said:

I must be the member most at risk from this one and will update where and when I can.

I wonder should it really be a business close day along with schools. I mean the US evacuate for larger systems.

Take care eh?

Posted
Just now, January Snowstorm said:

Stay safe tomorrow January Snowstorm, might be worth a lot of people having a "sick day" tomorrow!! 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spicy weather

I'm still on a yellow met warning but local news says 70mph winds for my area. Doesn't make sense. Should be an amber surely!

Posted

Isle of Man is only a yellow warning too whilst Northern Ireland is an amber :cc_confused:

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

Looks like we will get the gusty winds tomorrow courtesy of the Pennines. So that answers my earlier question.

Posted

4 pm tomorrow on Meteox

images.gif

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
3 minutes ago, The PIT said:

Looks like we will get the gusty winds tomorrow courtesy of the Pennines. So that answers my earlier question.

Read this just from meto Peak District mountain forecast.

Walking will be very strenuous with any mobility virtually impossible over exposed ground. There is a high likelihood of being blown over or taken off one’s feet, while even standing up may be impossible at times. Basic tasks such as using a map, eating, putting on extra clothing or communication become extremely difficult away from any shelter.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: windy

Long time watcher first time poster but it seems like a good thread to start on :D Looks like my area will be missing out on anything more than a gale with current forecasts of 53 mph max tomorrow night, that might still cause some problems with trees in leaf but nothing to get too excited about here.

• Like 1

Posted
4 minutes ago, knocker said:

panel_c_9.thumb.png.fa796fe2b9632fdbe5195fc8aac75a30.pngpanel_c_10.thumb.png.c21556f855f6cf94aac7cbe14fa9a5e9.pngpanel_c_11.thumb.png.2d127ebb9f9be428e15dfcaf96284fad.png

Wish I knew what these charts meant :cc_confused:

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, Squall said:

Wish I knew what these charts meant :cc_confused:

Don't worry about the two on the right. The bottom left is the surface pressure so you can follow the track and the top is not the surface wind so maybe a bit confusing but it will give you a good idea where the strongest winds are likely to be on the surface, albeit not as strong as the ones shown.Thus in the southern/ south east quadrant and then east taking in the Irish Sea. Hope this helps. :)

• Like 1

Hey all. I have spent a couple of years watching your models and threads etc. Finally I've built up the courage to join in and say hi.

I have a question for you fab people. I live in Bangor Northern Ireland.  I love extreme weather and wondered if there could be a chance that the met office might upgrade to Red? Looking at all your charts etc, I get the feeling that things might get a lot stormier here than first anticipated.  Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.  

• Like 3