Sign in to follow this  
lassie23

October Fog Index

I had a warning for fog. No fog 'ere. Got some frost my lovelies. 

6 hours ago, Dami said:

I had a warning for fog. No fog 'ere. Got some frost my lovelies. 

what does fog in november mean?

1 hour ago, lassie23 said:

what does fog in november mean?

that it was foggy.

8 hours ago, Dami said:

that it was foggy.

whhhhaaaaaaaaaat😮

3.00 Navan Result -

1st - Mister Fogpatches - 12/1 2nd - Oh'herewego - 25/1 3rd - Cherif De L'Isle - 9/4 Fav.

4th - Theatre World - 13/2 5th - Stucker Hill - 25/1.

LASSIE, why weren't you "on"? :nonono: I was!! :shok:

Regards,

Tom.   :hi:

34 minutes ago, TomSE12 said:

3.00 Navan Result -

1st - Mister Fogpatches - 12/1 2nd - Oh'herewego - 25/1 3rd - Cherif De L'Isle - 9/4 Fav.

4th - Theatre World - 13/2 5th - Stucker Hill - 25/1.

LASSIE, why weren't you "on"? :nonono: I was!! :shok:

Regards,

If it was still october i would have been on him lol

Finally Mr,Fogpatches (Lassie),

on the last Day of Autumn, we have a bit of the "white stuff". Popped my head out of the curtains, during a Bathroom visit in the middle of the Night and can definitely confirm, we had FOG!!

Waved goodbye to my Wife, as she set off for her 12 hour shift at 6.30, and the visibility has now improved, the end of our Close now visible but MIST, still present.

So, the N.F.I (November Fog Index), finally makes an appearance but a Month too late!!

Hope the Mist/Fog, doesn't hinder me reading my Racing Form Book today.

Shut up about Racing, Tom!! :oops: Sorry to corrupt your FOG Thread, with it!!

Regards,

Tom.   :hi:🌫️ 

Edited by TomSE12

17 hours ago, TomSE12 said:

Finally Mr,Fogpatches (Lassie),

on the last Day of Autumn, we have a bit of the "white stuff". Popped my head out of the curtains, during a Bathroom visit in the middle of the Night and can definitely confirm, we had FOG!!

Waved goodbye to my Wife, as she set off for her 12 hour shift at 6.30, and the visibility has now improved, the end of our Close now visible but MIST, still present.

So, the N.F.I (November Fog Index), finally makes an appearance but a Month too late!!

Hope the Mist/Fog, doesn't hinder me reading my Racing Form Book today.

Shut up about Racing, Tom!! :oops: Sorry to corrupt your FOG Thread, with it!!

Regards,

Tom.   :hi:🌫️ 

Had fog here too last night, a month too late unfortunately lol

Oh dear, it all seems to have gone "pear shaped", in the MAD Thread, this Morning. 

Not meaning to derail your Thread, Lassie but can I quote a Post I made in the Moan, Ramps and Chat Thread, last Night.

Quote:  

"As I stated the other Day in a Post, I'm now 64 and I've been interested in Meteorology for 50+ Years.

I've lived in S.E.London/N.W.Kent for the great majority of my life and I havn't experienced too many Pre-Xmas Snowfalls, in that time.

December 1981 and December 2010, were obviously notable for the amount of Pre-Xmas Cold and Snow. They really are, exceptions to the Rule though. 

Any new Members reading these Threads, take it from an "Oldie Coldie", hanging your hat on Pre-Xmas Snowfall (esp. in the South of the U.K.), is a recipe for frayed nerves, before December has been finished with.

Patience is a very advisable virtue, when hunting Winter Cold and Snow, in the U.K."

If indeed the "cold plunge" signal has been lost.

I'd like to claim a victory for my own version of the O.F.I (Old F...s Index). :shok:

O.F.I. 1 Forecast Models 0 (Can the Models equalise and take it to Extra Time and Penalties).

Regards,

Edited by TomSE12

On 04/12/2019 at 06:35, TomSE12 said:

Oh dear, it all seems to have gone "pear shaped", in the MAD Thread, this Morning. 

Not meaning to derail your Thread, Lassie but can I quote a Post I made in the Moan, Ramps and Chat Thread, last Night.

Quote:  

"As I stated the other Day in a Post, I'm now 64 and I've been interested in Meteorology for 50+ Years.

I've lived in S.E.London/N.W.Kent for the great majority of my life and I havn't experienced too many Pre-Xmas Snowfalls, in that time.

December 1981 and December 2010, were obviously notable for the amount of Pre-Xmas Cold and Snow. They really are, exceptions to the Rule though. 

Any new Members reading these Threads, take it from an "Oldie Coldie", hanging your hat on Pre-Xmas Snowfall (esp. in the South of the U.K.), is a recipe for frayed nerves, before December has been finished with.

Patience is a very advisable virtue, when hunting Winter Cold and Snow, in the U.K."

If indeed the "cold plunge" signal has been lost.

I'd like to claim a victory for my own version of the O.F.I (Old F...s Index). :shok:

O.F.I. 1 Forecast Models 0 (Can the Models equalise and take it to Extra Time and Penalties).

Regards,

The old fog index ans october fog index are the form horses, i'll have a tenner on each.

Edited by lassie23