Holidays
Local
Radar
Windy?
Sign in to follow this  
ARTDEMOLE

WINDOW FALL CREATOR

Windows Fall Creators will be out on 17th October 2017.   Will be free to all running Windows 10.

Paint will be removed.  To replace it their is PAINT 3D,  Free from the Windows Store. 

I seem to have paint 3D for a while, not sure why as I didn't download it.
It can do some clever but largely useless stuff.
If familiar with Photoshop and AfterEffects it's pretty crude.

The issues seemed to be related to wsus and sccm. If you're updating via windows update you'll be fine.

On 10/4/2017 at 15:51, ARTDEMOLE said:

Windows Fall Creators will be out on 17th October 2017.   Will be free to all running Windows 10.

Paint will be removed.  To replace it their is PAINT 3D,  Free from the Windows Store. 

Got the update today Paint remains on my home screen and it seems unaffected by the update

• Like 1

Mine updated whilst watching footie last night . Did not take long. Just a few different things to look at but nothing changed from the last update that is noticeable on everyday  use.  

Did the update and it looks like Microsoft's fix for game stuttering has re-introduced the issue. I don't game a lot and then play the oldie ut3 had loads of stutter which I manged to reduce. You can almost time the stutter as well and a small dip in clock speed is noticed on the gtx 1070 at the same time. At first I thought it was the nvidia sound which I had remoced before as this caused it. Well removing it didn't fix this time. I turned off game dvr and that reduced to a slight annoyance level.  I noticed that the xbox app was still running so I logged out of that so I'll try gaming in a bit too see what happens.

33 minutes ago, The PIT said:

Did the update and it looks like Microsoft's fix for game stuttering has re-introduced the issue. I don't game a lot and then play the oldie ut3 had loads of stutter which I manged to reduce. You can almost time the stutter as well and a small dip in clock speed is noticed on the gtx 1070 at the same time. At first I thought it was the nvidia sound which I had remoced before as this caused it. Well removing it didn't fix this time. I turned off game dvr and that reduced to a slight annoyance level.  I noticed that the xbox app was still running so I logged out of that so I'll try gaming in a bit too see what happens.

I'm getting the stutter myself, on my new build - Strix 1060. It's particularly annoying on racing games.

Fixed it it was the xbox account doing something silly. I can only presume it wasn't logged on automatically before the upgrade....

Did the download for my wife this morning on her Asus. The wife is 74 uses it for downloading craft patterns. Never noticed any difference.

Actually this Windows Xbox connection is pain the backside. Got my new xbox working via windows 10 however when I ran games on my windows 10 the stuttering was back. Checked the windows xbox was still logged in so logged out and still stuttering. I had installed another xbox app so removed that and the stutter went to micro stutter and using task manager I could see the GPU clocking down each time it micro stuttered. I had updated the nvidia drivers too see if that would fix the stuttering which they hadn't so removed 3dvision and this fixed the micro stutter.