Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

What Do You Like and Dislike About Autumn?

Do You Like Autumn?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Do You Like Autumn

• Yes, it rocks!
    • It's okay
    • Ahhh, I hate it!

Posted

Conditions that we are seeing this week until Friday - what I don't like (the grey mild mucky side of Autumn)

Conditions we may see next week - what I do like (colder, crisp, sunny blustery showery polar air, frost and fog side of Autumn).

We've had far too much of the former, and deserve some of the latter, especially like the latter in late October, early November, which is very evocative time of the year, the clocks go back, there is smokiness in the air and the landscape turns up its early winter coat. 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Proper Seasons,lots of frost and snow October to April, hot summers!
15 hours ago, damianslaw said:

Conditions that we are seeing this week until Friday - what I don't like (the grey mild mucky side of Autumn)

Conditions we may see next week - what I do like (colder, crisp, sunny blustery showery polar air, frost and fog side of Autumn).

We've had far too much of the former, and deserve some of the latter, especially like the latter in late October, early November, which is very evocative time of the year, the clocks go back, there is smokiness in the air and the landscape turns up its early winter coat. 

@damianslaw;  I am very with you on that one.  I do not like the modern 2010's Octobers that have been so dominated by warm muggy buggy south-westerlies.  There is a hint that by Saturday we will have colder clearer polar air- at long last- reaching northern Britain (the lack of which has been so complete that the highest parts of the Cairngorms and Ben Nevis are yet to see their first winter snows!).

Whether the skies will clear enough and whether the cold air will be cold enough for our first air-frost to occur before the end of October remains a moot point!  I have to confess to being disappointed that forecast cold air only a few days away fails to appear.  Before we get there, tomorrows synoptic pattern has a Spanish High with low-pressure to the west- and a warm front moving north towards Britain.  There is always the small possibility that pattern could suddenly win out- and push the promising pattern of northerlies northwards- and away from Britain; but at least the met Office Charts, Meteo and Wetterzentral ensembles are all favouring the northerlies to win out over the next few days.....So what can possibly go wrong?? (!!!!!)    

Edited by iapennell
  • Like 1