Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Animated GIFs

Paul_1978

Posted

What are people's thoughts on people adding animated GIFs to posts - laughing faces, clapping, shocked faces etc?

Its the weather. For me, these stupid GIFs are annoying and don't add anything to posts other than getting in the way. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Paul_1978 said:

What are people's thoughts on people adding animated GIFs to posts - laughing faces, clapping, shocked faces etc?

Its the weather. For me, these stupid GIFs are annoying and don't add anything to posts other than getting in the way. 

Tut ,tut 

IMG_1346.GIF               :rofl:

Edited by Mokidugway
  • Like 1

Posted

Personally, unless posts are rammed full of them, I don't see an issue with the occasional use of gifs and the like to express some humour or whatever. 

13 hours ago, Snipper said:

Why?  What has it got to do with the weather and other topics?  Bad enough putting up with emoji which adds noting to anyone's post other than show they have damn all else to do. 

I'm kind of hoping you're being ironic here? As if those using emoji apparently have 'damn all else to do' then what does that say about the person spending time moaning about emoji :D :oops:

26 minutes ago, Paul said:

Personally, unless posts are rammed full of them, I don't see an issue with the occasional use of gifs and the like to express some humour or whatever. 

I'm kind of hoping you're being ironic here? As if those using emoji apparently have 'damn all else to do' then what does that say about the person spending time moaning about emoji :D :oops:

I'll second that emoji  :closedeyes:

Posted
12 hours ago, Paul said:

A question was posed so I answered it. What was wrong with that?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot
On 27/09/2017 at 19:49, Snipper said:

Why?  What has it got to do with the weather and other topics?  Bad enough putting up with emoji which adds noting to anyone's post other than show they have damn all else to do. 

Almost as bad as complaining about the swear filter on a forum.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot
6 minutes ago, Paul_1978 said:

This post been a case in point. Do the "amusing" GIFs add anything to the post?

https://www.netweather.tv/forum/topic/88243-model-output-discussion-010917/?do=findComment&comment=3631993

I personally think it's a bit childish but each to their own. Doesn't really do much harm unless in excess. If you're finding it that unbearable there is always the ignore function for individual posters :)

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Enjoy the weather, you can't take it with you 😎

Well it looks like I'm gonna have to stop Putting up the gifs or emolies , I do like them but I think it's about time they had a break......

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Enjoy the weather, you can't take it with you 😎

But must admit it's a bit sad that people moaning about these GIFs etc if you don't want to read my post please use the ignore facility..........

Posted
45 minutes ago, ANYWEATHER said:

But must admit it's a bit sad that people moaning about these GIFs etc if you don't want to read my post please use the ignore facility..........

nothing wrong with posting the odd gif mate, it is sad that this thread even exists. 

(you might want to update your gif collection though..... :wink:)

Posted

It wasn't personal to Anyweather. It's quite a few posters.... but when I'm on an iPhone and there's a few weather charts followed by a few animated GIFs it makes the experience of the forum a bit negative. I'm only meaning to be constructive with my feedback :-)

1 minute ago, Paul_1978 said:

It wasn't personal to Anyweather. It's quite a few posters.... but when I'm on an iPhone and there's a few weather charts followed by a few animated GIFs it makes the experience of the forum a bit negative. I'm only meaning to be constructive with my feedback :-)

lol I'm only joking ,I'm sure were all getting along nicely GIFs or no GIFs ,apart from Ed stone of course :nonono:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Four true seasons. Hot summers and cold winters.

Animated gifs do have this very constructive use. You can make animated gifs of model output!

tempresult_wsp5.gif

Posted
1 hour ago, Seasonality said:

Animated gifs do have this very constructive use. You can make animated gifs of model output!

tempresult_wsp5.gif

Yes, that's the type of animated gif I like!!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers

I don't see the big deal to be honest. If someone wants to use a GIF or an emoji or a meme to add a bit of humour to a post that has relevant content, why not just let them get on with it. Perhaps a direct message to them is a more polite way of dealing with it, as if you just ignore his or her posts, how will one know if they are annoying you or other members. We're all grownups aren't we? Emoji's are no different imo, just away of expressing your feeling in that moment. 

PEACE!

• Like 1

Posted
12 minutes ago, karlos1983 said:

I don't see the big deal to be honest. If someone wants to use a GIF or an emoji or a meme to add a bit of humour to a post that has relevant content, why not just let them get on with it. Perhaps a direct message to them is a more polite way of dealing with it, as if you just ignore his or her posts, how will one know if they are annoying you or other members. We're all grownups aren't we? Emoji's are no different imo, just away of expressing your feeling in that moment. 

PEACE!

Yep, think we can probably close this one now.