Jump to content
Snipper

Ryanair. The depths of annoyance

Recommended Posts

Only used these cowboys once. Never again. Flight from Stansted to Newquay. No problems. But coming home the flight was cancelled.  

We were dumped on a Friday night late, after checking in, flight was cancelled. Nobody was there that could help or advise as to what to do. Someone said that they would get us home as soon as possible. Apparently that was some time during the following week. Not a particular problem for me as Plan B always on the horizon.  Helped as any passengers who were absolutely devastated.   

They might be cheap but who wants the aggravation?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe if he looked closer to home , i.e. His own company he might have still a have a company to worry about in 2018 .

https://www.express.co.uk/travel/articles/835995/Ryanair-Brexit-Michael-O-Leary-flights-for-sale-cancelled/amp

I'm not sure about September 18 he can't sort flights out anyway in September 2017 .

Of course I joke about the article above and brexit and it may certainly be he had very valid points however he was always in the news on certain news channels etc , writing articles in papers . Whilst his main competitors where hatching a plot to steal all his staff and he carried on neglecting the current staff and business he had .

https://amp.businessinsider.com/norwegian-responds-to-ryanair-jab-2017-9

Edited by Mark wheeler

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Mark wheeler said:

Maybe if he looked closer to home , i.e. His own company he might have still a have a company to worry about in 2018 .

https://www.express.co.uk/travel/articles/835995/Ryanair-Brexit-Michael-O-Leary-flights-for-sale-cancelled/amp

I'm not sure about September 18 he can't sort flights out anyway in September 2017 .

Of course I joke about the article above and brexit and it may certainly be he had very valid points however he was always in the news on certain news channels etc , writing articles in papers . Whilst his main competitors where hatching a plot to steal all his staff and he carried on neglecting the current staff and business he had .

https://amp.businessinsider.com/norwegian-responds-to-ryanair-jab-2017-9

Guys..

 Started to post this news (which has been kept fairly quiet on the Brexit forum about 5 hrs ago but I was locked on the 15posts limit.

 It is a fact that the companies who are starting to struggle are the ones that were very keen and vociferous for 'remain'.

 I would have thought that this was because the public were not happy that these companies wanted to overturn a democratic vote. One can imagine that a lot of people were not happy with Ryanair interfering so much in the referendum.

However, in this instance it just looks like bad management.

The pilots are claiming that they have been given no respect and that they have stopped recruiting.

Whilst this had been going on their  pilots  have been moving elsewhere, until now there are not enough of them.

I was told of this happening 36 hours ago by a friend who in the last month has suddenly gone blind in one eye. After a strange illness he  is so happy to be alive, and so he and his wife booked a flight to France by Ryanair for this weekend.  He cannot find out whether he is still able to go. It is a public relations disaster for Ryan air.

It is thought that as many as 50,000 people and more  will be affected by this disaster. I cannot imagine  they will be getting many returning  passengers, who will be recommending RyanAir ever again.

 MIA

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Would never have touched Ryanair with a barge pole before this farce, let alone now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I use them a lot ,treat then like a bus service that's what I do and have had no real problems .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Our cheap airline of choice is Easyjet out of Bristol. We used Ryanair once - it was fine. But.....

Tomorrow Easyjet release their end March to end June 2018 flights. I can see demand being even higher than normal for first day of the release due to Ryanair probs. Who can trust Ryanair now? It is the way they've gone about it that is bad imo. No regard for people's holiday plans. O'Leary has a Ratner moment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For added fun, when you read the articles, imagine Timothy O'Whatshisface narrating.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mr O very critical of Brexit (aren't some of us in some way or other?) but if he had been in control?  Male chicken up comes to mind. Sorry trying not to have my posting altered by the politically correct police. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 19/09/2017 at 18:35, Snipper said:

Mr O very critical of Brexit (aren't some of us in some way or other?) but if he had been in control?  Male chicken up comes to mind. Sorry trying not to have my posting altered by the politically correct police. 

Nee naw nee naw...

I know you dislike the swear filter, but if you really dislike it that much then there are other forums available :)

Edited by Nick L
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Nick L said:

Nee naw nee naw...

I know you dislike the swear filter, but if you really dislike it that much then there are other forums available :)

Tom Jones would probably dislike the 'swear' filter too, one of his many great songs, just wouldn't  sound the same.............

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 28/09/2017 at 09:53, Nick L said:

Nee naw nee naw...

I know you dislike the swear filter, but if you really dislike it that much then there are other forums available :)

Please do not get me wrong I dislike blatant swear words being used like most people. They do however have a particular intent and meaning, which cannot be mistaken. Can't stand it when it is F this and F that when used in conversation.

What I find irritating is when words are added that for a majority of people are completely innocent unless you you use the word in a particular connotation so it's meaning is clear. Like feline. It possibly says more about those compiling the list than the word. Probably they are unnaturally preoccupied by it. Who knows. 

Would love to have been a fly in the wall when you sat round composing the list. Imagine a crowd of naughty school boys trying to think of the naughtiest word. Know what I mean. Nudge nudge!

Edited by Snipper

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do you not think that words may have been added over time due to people's misuse of them? If you have a search on the net, you'll probably also find a number of standard 'bad word' filters floating about which software makers etc use as a start point for things like forums. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, Paul said:

Do you not think that words may have been added over time due to people's misuse of them? If you have a search on the net, you'll probably also find a number of standard 'bad word' filters floating about which software makers etc use as a start point for things like forums. 

 

Paul there may well be filters out there on the net but that does not make them all right. I am a little surprised you don't know, as you are involved with site development, how Net Weather's filter works and on what basis words are included.. 

I am in full agreement that hardcore swear words are not shown as it would upset many readers/listeners, which I assure you would include me. It is the addition of words that on a majority of occasions are without any rude or offensive connotation that I feel it is wrong. They may be expected when used colloquially. Then again there is possible innuendo where the interpretation is with the person listening.

If filters were applied to life generally an awful lot of comedy would not work. As for some media outlets they could not exist. Possibly not a bad thing some might say..  

All I ask there is some common sense. 

Edited by Snipper

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know exactly how it works. It's a filter for the words which were either included originally, or have been added since because they have been misused. It's pretty simple really, and to be honest I think you're the first person in 10+ years to get upset about it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Paul said:

I know exactly how it works. It's a filter for the words which were either included originally, or have been added since because they have been misused. It's pretty simple really, and to be honest I think you're the first person in 10+ years to get upset about it. 

Seems everyone is allowed to be upset about something nowadays. Just interested in how decisions are made for the greater good of everyone. Was also pondering when you were recruited into the Thinkpol. 1984?

Regards

Snipper. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ha ha, yeah that's it, I was a founding member, I joined the pc club the year after. It does all keep me busy though, so much so that I'd never have time to get upset about an automated swear filter, or about people using emoji's in their posts and the like. 

Each to their own though I suppose. 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Paul said:

Ha ha, yeah that's it, I was a founding member, I joined the pc club the year after. It does all keep me busy though, so much so that I'd never have time to get upset about an automated swear filter, or about people using emoji's in their posts and the like. 

Each to their own though I suppose. 

With the one exception of 'feline', which nine-times-out-of-ten is meant to mean 'scaredy-cat' (I think?), I quite like the swear-filter: it makes one think about how one posts?

Also, if there was no swear-filters, moderating the site would be a full-time job!:D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Paul said:

Ha ha, yeah that's it, I was a founding member, I joined the pc club the year after. It does all keep me busy though, so much so that I'd never have time to get upset about an automated swear filter, or about people using emoji's in their posts and the like. 

Each to their own though I suppose. 

When's the next PC club meet up? We need to think of new ways to upset folks with too much time on their hands who could quite easily join a different forum. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I've used them no end over the years. They are far more reliable than the rail network, often cheaper, and I'm guaranteed a seat. You can spend an extra tenner for priority boarding and avoid the bun fight getting on as well. 

Edited by Yarmy
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Yarmy said:

They are far more reliable than the rail network, often cheaper, and I'm guaranteed a seat.

Always assuming your flight is not cancelled of course. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Nick L said:

When's the next PC club meet up? We need to think of new ways to upset folks with too much time on their hands who could quite easily join a different forum. 

Not quite sure why you seem so keen on implying I should leave the forum. I am rather upset. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If people can't make an argument or comment without swearing then I would question their ability to put together a sensible point!!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×