Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Italy

knocker

Posted
On 07/07/2021 at 10:03, Josh Romano said:

Today, tomorrow and Friday will be extremely hot days for central and southern Italy, with temperatures widely above 36 degrees, even at hilly altitudes.

Today, tomorrow and Friday will be extremely hot days for central and southern Italy, with temperatures widely above 36 degrees, even at hilly altitudes.

June 2021 had a positive anomaly in Italy on the 81/10 average even higher than expected, around + 2.2 °. It was a particularly hot month in the Tyrrhenian regions but heavily overmediate everywhere, including the north. July, on the other hand, for now seems warmer in the south but here too a refreshment is expected next week, probably shortly.

Edited by Josh Romano
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes n snow

I expected to see Reed Timmer sat there in Dominator4...

https://youtu.be/Xf_1r-h8fWI

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/cool all over the year. Winter favourite season
7 minutes ago, matty40s said:

I expected to see Reed Timmer sat there in Dominator4...

https://youtu.be/Xf_1r-h8fWI

I don't live that far from Turin, just 25 km South of the capital region of Piemonte 

Here, between 16.30 and 17.00 a strong thunderstorm with hail hit the surrounding area: 31.0 mm for today.

Before the rain, the temperature went up to 27.3° (h. 15.46), but then, after basically only one hour, temperature dropped to only 14.8° (h. 17.14)! Now there's a very light rain, it's very dull and there are only 15.4 degrees. Basically is a gloomy Scottish or a Northern English evening here. ☔

• Like 2

Posted

The heat has subsided (at least momentarily) in recent days, with even extreme phenomena in the Po valley, while in the center and in the south the attenuation of the heat has so far not been accompanied by large storms.

Posted

From today the heat returns to Italy but it will intensify especially from Saturday, especially in the south and in the center, while the north will have severe thunderstorms, especially in the western regions. So far it is a very hot summer in southern Italy and in some central regions, where it is comparable to the terrible summers of 1998 and 2012, while in northern Italy the heat is more intermittent.

• Like 1

Posted

A very long heat wave has begun for central Italy, southern Italy, Sicily, Sardinia and the central-southern Balkans (especially Serbia, Montenegro, Albania, North Macedonia). Yesterday Olbia, in the north-east of Sardinia, recorded a maximum temperature of 42 ° degrees, close to the record of August 1999. In the second part of the week, records of heat will be possible in many areas of the Balkans, especially in Macedonia and Albania.

Edited by Josh Romano

Posted

Really terrible this July 2021, @Lemine, a month very similar to July 2012 but even more extreme, with storms and hailstorms in northern Italy and African heat and very high temperatures in Rome and southern Italy, even more so in Sardinia.

Edited by Josh Romano

Posted

Here are some temperatures recorded today in Basilicata (southern Italy), expressed in degrees centigrade.In many cases, these are absolute records, while in others they were only beaten in August 2017:
GENZANO-C. FROM RIPA D'API 42.4
ACERENZA-C. DA PIPOLI 40.9
BERNALDA-C. DA SAN MARCO 43.2
GRASSANO SCALO 43.6
GROTTOLE-C. DA SERRE 41.6
GROTTOLE-C. DA CASTELLANA 44.8
MONTALBANO-C. FROM C. DEL FICO 45.0
SAN MAURO FORTE-C. DA S.CHIARA 43.5
FERRANDINA-C. FROM MADNESS 43.3
CRACO PESCHIERA 45.0
NOVASIRI-AZ.DA LA COLLINETTA 42.9
PISTICCI-C. FROM CASTELLUCCIO 43.6
GUARDIA PERT.-C. DA LUPARA 40.9
PISTICCI SCALO-C. DA PAOLONA 45.9
MATERA NORTH-C. DA MATINELLE 44.1
NEMOLI-LOC.VENTRONA 40.6
STIGLIANO-C. DA TORRE 42.3
MONTESCAGLIOSO-C. DA FIUMICELLO 43.7
SANTA MARIA D'IRSI 41.8
SINK-AASD GAUDIANO 42.5
ALIANO-AASD BADERTA DELLE M. 42.5
MATERA SOUTH-C. FROM TWO GRAVINE 43.7
SENISE-PLAN OF THE SLEEVES 42.4
ROUND-LOC. LORI 40.4
METAPONTO-AASD TROUSERS 43.3
VENOSA TERRE DELLA FORTRESS 40.4

26 locations over 40 °, 3 over 44 °.

• Like 3

Don’t know what the highest dew point ever is in Europe but place in southern Italy must be pushing it now. 30C dew point in Marina Di Ginosa. 

8848D33E-4930-44A4-984F-84D0536F4E9A.thumb.jpeg.a6ddcacb5702534b712b1b8fcfce4263.jpeg

Posted
On 30/07/2021 at 15:31, Josh Romano said:

Here are some temperatures recorded today in Basilicata (southern Italy), expressed in degrees centigrade.In many cases, these are absolute records, while in others they were only beaten in August 2017:
GENZANO-C. FROM RIPA D'API 42.4
ACERENZA-C. DA PIPOLI 40.9
BERNALDA-C. DA SAN MARCO 43.2
GRASSANO SCALO 43.6
GROTTOLE-C. DA SERRE 41.6
GROTTOLE-C. DA CASTELLANA 44.8
MONTALBANO-C. FROM C. DEL FICO 45.0
SAN MAURO FORTE-C. DA S.CHIARA 43.5
FERRANDINA-C. FROM MADNESS 43.3
CRACO PESCHIERA 45.0
NOVASIRI-AZ.DA LA COLLINETTA 42.9
PISTICCI-C. FROM CASTELLUCCIO 43.6
GUARDIA PERT.-C. DA LUPARA 40.9
PISTICCI SCALO-C. DA PAOLONA 45.9
MATERA NORTH-C. DA MATINELLE 44.1
NEMOLI-LOC.VENTRONA 40.6
STIGLIANO-C. DA TORRE 42.3
MONTESCAGLIOSO-C. DA FIUMICELLO 43.7
SANTA MARIA D'IRSI 41.8
SINK-AASD GAUDIANO 42.5
ALIANO-AASD BADERTA DELLE M. 42.5
MATERA SOUTH-C. FROM TWO GRAVINE 43.7
SENISE-PLAN OF THE SLEEVES 42.4
ROUND-LOC. LORI 40.4
METAPONTO-AASD TROUSERS 43.3
VENOSA TERRE DELLA FORTRESS 40.4

26 locations over 40 °, 3 over 44 °.

In a few days the CNR should publish the July 2021 data for Italy. The month should have closed + 1.1 ° / + 1.3 ° above the 81/10 average but the positive anomaly is much greater in the southern and eastern regions, as it happened in July 2012 (slightly less hot than this, however) , while in some areas of the NW it was a relatively cool and very rainy month.

• Like 1

Posted
On 01/08/2021 at 13:58, Alderc said:

Don’t know what the highest dew point ever is in Europe but place in southern Italy must be pushing it now. 30C dew point in Marina Di Ginosa. 

8848D33E-4930-44A4-984F-84D0536F4E9A.thumb.jpeg.a6ddcacb5702534b712b1b8fcfce4263.jpeg

I'm not sure, because in Cagliari (Sardinia) in August 2003 the perceived temperature was 52 °:
https://news.meteogiornale.it/news-meteo-italia/fornace-nel-sud-sardegna-nuovo-record-mensile-a-cagliari-con-quasi-42/

• Like 2

Posted
On 13/07/2021 at 20:42, Federico said:

I don't live that far from Turin, just 25 km South of the capital region of Piemonte 

Here, between 16.30 and 17.00 a strong thunderstorm with hail hit the surrounding area: 31.0 mm for today.

Before the rain, the temperature went up to 27.3° (h. 15.46), but then, after basically only one hour, temperature dropped to only 14.8° (h. 17.14)! Now there's a very light rain, it's very dull and there are only 15.4 degrees. Basically is a gloomy Scottish or a Northern English evening here. ☔

Unfortunately, a new and heavy heat wave will begin on Saturday in central and southern Italy, in all the Balkans except Slovenia and especially in Greece. At this point, summer 2021 could be the hottest for Sicily and Greece and one of the hottest for the Balkan area, beating even the terrible summer of 2017.

Northern Italy does not belong to peninsular Italy and especially the northwest follows dynamics of its own.

Edited by Josh Romano
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted

Starting tomorrow, one of the strongest heat waves for central and southern Italy and the Balkans begins, during this terrible summer for the central and eastern Mediterranean.
I'll be on the Adriatic coast, so I'll update you from there.

• Like 1

Hi, After one short video with some downpours, I want to share the last flood of River Brembo, Brembana Valley, Lombardy, Northern Italy, too. This Week, for the first time during this summer, the severe heat wave should involve even Northern Italy and not only Central and Southern part of my country 

I'll update you as soon as possibile, Bye 

---> Agosto starts with instability

---> Brembo River Flood

• Like 1

Posted
On 09/08/2021 at 16:24, Lemine said:

Hi, After one short video with some downpours, I want to share the last flood of River Brembo, Brembana Valley, Lombardy, Northern Italy, too. This Week, for the first time during this summer, the severe heat wave should involve even Northern Italy and not only Central and Southern part of my country 

I'll update you as soon as possibile, Bye 

---> Agosto starts with instability

---> Brembo River Flood

The summer of 2021 is breaking all records in southern Italy, Albania, Greece and Malta. Yesterday 46 C in Lentini, Sicily.

• Like 1

FYI Huge day for Europe. Siracusa looks like it’s broken the all time European record by records 48.7C - I went there in October about 10years ago, beautiful place.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
31 minutes ago, Alderc said:

FYI Huge day for Europe. Siracusa looks like it’s broken the all time European record by records 48.7C - I went there in October about 10years ago, beautiful place.

I think we can all be rather thankful that synoptics don't look favourable for any of that coming up here, any time soon!?

• Like 3

Posted
On 11/08/2021 at 16:34, Ed Stone said:

I think we can all be rather thankful that synoptics don't look favourable for any of that coming up here, any time soon!?

unintended positive consequence of the leave vote.

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
2 minutes ago, DAVID SNOW said:

unintended positive consequence of the leave vote.

Well, there had to be something!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Not too hot, excitement of snow, a hoolie
1 hour ago, Alderc said:

Looks like SIAS (Servizio Informativo Agrometeorologico Siciliano) have confirmed Siracusa, Sicily, Italy At 13:14:15 local time it reached 48.8 ° C    119.9F. Will take WMO a while.

0811sicilyhottest europe1.png

0811sicilyhottestmap.png

0811sicilyhottestgraph.png

• Like 2

Posted
5 hours ago, Alderc said:

However ... Catania/Sigonella is 30 miles to the NNW of Syracuse, on the same coastline of Sicily, and recorded a maximum today of 44.4°C. Catania/Fontanarossa is near Sigonella and recorded a max of 44.0. Mezzo Gregorio is even closer and further inland, under 20 miles WSW of Syracuse and reported 43.6°C - albeit it's at 638m elevation. The Catania stations are at 22 and 11m respectively.

So unless sea breezes capped both Catania stations and not Siracusa, the new provisional record looks highly suspicious to my eyes.

Edited by DaveL
  • Like 2