Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Model Output Discussion 01/09/17

phil nw.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The fabled channel low
1 hour ago, Daniel Smith said:

This mornings FAX charts have a Pembrokeshire dangler on them!

Pem.thumb.gif.5cb381b767e815d293435eceb7ab22a8.gif

Looking good for Bodmin Moor for some wintery stuff then

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer

I've just seen Gavins 12th Christmas update on you tube and I wish I hadn't. No sign of any winter come 10th December its just constant Autumnal wind and rain right out to the middle of January as we lock a very locked Atlantic pattern

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Cold.
2 minutes ago, - 40*C said:

I've just seen Gavins 12th Christmas update on you tube and I wish I hadn't. No sign of any winter come 10th December its just constant Autumnal wind and rain right out to the middle of January as we lock a very locked Atlantic pattern

Lets not get too carried away now. That video still shows a chart over 2 weeks away.  Given the current synoptic setup and the next 10 days of charts, I struggle to see how the atlantic is going to ruin Christmas. 

Edited by Gavin Hannah
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, - 40*C said:

It's in FL so I'm really not concerned with long range output when the models have been struggling with short range modelling recently. The CFS has changed its tune regarding its long range forecast already I think so it's still all up in the air. I'd rather enjoy this current wintry spell than worry about Christmas for now

• Thanks 1

Posted
4 minutes ago, - 40*C said:

I swear he just copies what the Met office musings are.   

latest 3-monthly probabilistic outlook from @metoffice: December likely (but not guaranteed) to be colder & drier v avg; rest of winter more likely to trend into wetter/milder territory, with a higher risk of heavy rain/windier episodes.

Edited by weirpig

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers
2 minutes ago, Gavin Hannah said:

Lets not get too carried away now. That video still shows a chart over 2 weeks away.  Given the current synoptic setup and the next 10 days of charts, I struggle to see how the atlantic is going to ruin Christmas. 

Not to mention the first thing I see there is the CFS....... enough said...

Edited by karlos1983
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Four true seasons. Hot summers and cold winters.
4 minutes ago, ZK099 said:

It's in FL so I'm really not concerned with long range output when the models have been struggling with short range modelling recently. The CFS has changed its tune regarding its long range forecast already I think so it's still all up in the air. I'd rather enjoy this current wintry spell than worry about Christmas for now

Its in FL? Why is it in Florida? :rofl:

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Cold.

It should also be mentioned that even though the models have tried to bring in the Atlantic in recent days, the output and temp charts keep going back to a colder / wintry scenario.  That to me suggests that the current pattern is locked in for the foreseeable future.  I could be wrong, but given that every downgraded run has seen a re-upgraded run at some point, I'm hopeful for a wintry and festive December.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Wild!
10 minutes ago, - 40*C said:

Try not to worry.. its based on the CFS and it appears at the end of the GFS run it just resets back to atlantic mode. Reckon that will change alot in next few weeks. 

• Like 1