Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder / lightning, Freezing rain, snow, ice and blizzards!

Has anyone found any streams out of Naples, haven't heard much from there for a while.

Posted

My daughter is going to the Dominican Republic on The 28th of this month and is very concerned about this very active hurricane season,I have told her it is too soon to know if there is much to worry about but as she is registered disabled can anyone supply any info as to end of September /early October in the area.

Posted
Just now, Rollo said:

My daughter is going to the Dominican Republic on The 28th of this month and is very concerned about this very active hurricane season,I have told her it is too soon to know if there is much to worry about but as she is registered disabled can anyone supply any info as to end of September /early October in the area.

So many disturbances in the Atlantic it's hard to predict track this far out.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: severe storms,snow wind and ice
4 minutes ago, chillyblast said:

Has anyone found any streams out of Naples, haven't heard much from there for a while.

Have been watching this live from Naples (CNN) for hours now.

Edited by Allseasons-si
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hurricanes, Thunderstorms and blizzards please!
1 minute ago, Rollo said:

I'm afraid it's impossible to say from this far out. Irma was a long track storm with lots of notice, however storms can crop up in the Caribbean or Gulf at the drop of a hat. All you can do is keep an eye on the National Hurricane Centre website, that's the best advice I can give.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: severe storms,snow wind and ice
2 minutes ago, crimsone said:

So, apparently the surge at Naples hasn't stopped growing yet?

Screen Shot 2017-09-10 at 23.37.56.png

OMFG

has someone added that extra red line:shok:

Edited by Allseasons-si

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder / lightning, Freezing rain, snow, ice and blizzards!
1 minute ago, crimsone said:

After Irma, I think we're all going to need a bit of a break.

#NoWayJose

Agree - been watching it for a week.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Humid & stormy

is there any footage of the storm surge in the keys?

Edited by JK1
  • Like 1

Posted

Looks brutal in Naples FL 

https://www.pscp.tv/w/1jMKgPvgOrAGL

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: clear skies , hard frost , snow !

I do wonder why people book to go to Caribbean in hurricane season ! i was caught in Wilma i Cancun in 2005 ad it was really awful - cancel and re book for January when the weather is perfect 

Edited by Badgers01

Posted

They go because it's cheaper and looking at the critiscm they then aim at the tour companies and govt for not getting them out of harms way speaks a little of hypocrisy. 

That said the tour company does make a profit and the govt does levy a charge and tourists during the off season does help the local economies 

Personally I think that is you travel during the hurricane season then additional insurance should be paid to even up the price discrepency with any profits going to a fund to assist redevelopment of the areas affected. Tour operators could also be levied. 

Posted
2 minutes ago, FetchCB said:

Personally I think that is you travel during the hurricane season then additional insurance should be paid to even up the price discrepency with any profits going to a fund to assist redevelopment of the areas affected. Tour operators could also be levied. 

What, so that there is no longer a discount for travelling at those times? And consequently, nobody travels during off season? But what about "tourists during the off season does help the local economies"...?

Posted

I've been to the Dominican quite a few times in hurricane season, most of the time I don't even see a drop of rain and definitely never witnessed a hurricane myself. So much so that it doesn't even feel like your taking a chance, if one were to barrel through I wouldn't whinge that I hadn't been evacuated though, I'd just have a few beers and happily pay for anything I needed to get home.

im going to Florida on the 29th of sept and again I'd do the same, do as I'm told by the Florida government then enjoy what I could and come home. If I had to pay any extras for flights or evacuation hotels I would and wouldn't ask for a penny from the travel agent. I'd just be glad me and the wife are safe and well. People probably should get fully fledged trip insurance though, it's about £60 and covers everything.