Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?

Posted
16 minutes ago, Mokidugway said:

Mind you it helps if you put the slew brake on :nonono:

No, in high winds you let the boom slew ;-)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow.

Q. Wont the storm surge be worse in Naples once the hurricane moves far enough north to allow its S/SW winds hit the shore? 

Posted
2 minutes ago, Mokidugway said:

Makes sence otherwise you'd be calling steptoe and son 

Most definitely lol, it would snap the central tower in far lower winds. They do make a very good weather vane though! :-D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: severe storms,snow wind and ice

I do like jeff's commentry though as it never stops,i like him for that reason,yes he's a bit ott but who whouldn't be if thousands are watching:D

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, Allseasons-si said:

I do like jeff's commentry though as it never stops,i like him for that reason,yes he's a bit ott but who whouldn't be if thousands are watching:D

True... though from what they said, the WXChasing plan is to move away from the surge after they get into the eye.

I stand by my earlier assessment. lol - braver, more stupid, or more in the know. lol

In other news, the Marco Island crane is apparently still standing.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder / lightning, Freezing rain, snow, ice and blizzards!
12 minutes ago, crimsone said:

I fancy Jeff gets overexcited more than anything.

Compare and contrast with the guy in the WXChasing stream who's just sitting there calmly going "Oh yeah.. if you're wondering what I'm doing, I've just gotta keep the nose of the car into the wind".

That's one cool customer.

Totally agree! however (if you remove the danger / destruction etc for a second) I find Jeff "entertaining", but then at the same time with a storm like what the other guy was capturing you really didn't need to say anything.

Edited by chillyblast
  • Like 1

Posted

Water still rising in downtown Miami along Brickell Avenue. Storm surge is intense. Neck deep in areas.

https://twitter.com/BrianEntin/status/906920269402558464

Edited by Barking_Mad

Posted
3 minutes ago, Allseasons-si said:

His voice never stops you mean! 

Having chased numerous times in Tornado Alley on the same storms as him the exaggeration is all for viewer numbers sadly.

Still never forgiven him for not even saying thank you when me and my team pulled his car and his support tv crews car out of a ditch in Colorado 4 years back.

Not even as much as a Thank you on the day or after when I messaged him on facebook

Manners Cost nothing! If he was in a ditch in his big red suv again would we stop ?? Nope but we would take pictures!

Ask Nick F he was there and he like me cannot stand the bloke!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Posted

130 mph wind gust just recorded at Marco Island Emergency Operations Center.

https://twitter.com/NWSMiami/status/906957629121015809

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Supercells
2 minutes ago, Paul Sherman said:

Having chased numerous times in Tornado Alley on the same storms as him the exaggeration is all for viewer numbers sadly.

Still never forgiven him for not even saying thank you when me and my team pulled his car and his support tv crews car out of a ditch in Colorado 4 years back.

Not even as much as a Thank you on the day or after when I messaged him on facebook

Manners Cost nothing! If he was in a ditch in his big red suv again would we stop ?? Nope but we would take pictures!

That's not just a lack of manners - sounds like there's something wrong with him in that case!

Posted
1 minute ago, Paul Sherman said:

Ok i didn't know and you are right,there is some ignorant people out there.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme.....
3 minutes ago, Paul Sherman said:

What an interesting post !! Thanks Paul !

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder / lightning, Freezing rain, snow, ice and blizzards!

Well that is a shame as he comes across as a likeable friendly guy on his feed, I would feel the same way as you in that case.

Posted
2 minutes ago, Hurricane Debby said:

Surreal compared to half hour ago....

Surely not inside the eyewall already.

Posted

I confess, there is a bit of an edge to his commentary where it reminds me a little of various Ghost Hunter type programmes... though to be perfectly fair to the guy, he is at least in a storm, whereas ghost hunters on TV typically make it up entirely.

Posted

Anyway back on Topic, 

Who thinks this is going to go across Florida and across to the East Coast or ride up the coast ?

Thats the next question with Irma who clearly has a mind of her own!

Posted

Ah I remember that incident Paul, just barely though, seems he's gone quiet the past 10mins. Is Stu Robinson and/or Roger Hill out in FL currently if you know?

Posted
Just now, SNOW_JOKE said:

Ah I remember that incident Paul, just barely though, seems he's gone quiet the past 10mins. Is Stu Robinson and/or Roger Hill out in FL currently if you know?

Dont know about Roger but Stu definately isnt on this one......................but

Spoke with Stu last Wednesday He has said he will hook up with me in either 2018 or 2019 as his Comeback Hurricane as he wants to get his percentages up again

He has 3 Eye Intercepts our of 11 but wants to make it 4 from 12 soon! 

• Like 1