Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?

Posted
1 minute ago, Hurricane Debby said:

What does the blue shed refer to ?

In Hurricane Harvey, Jeff ended up sheltering under a car wash. Parked up behind a wall and under a roof (which eventually gave out), his dash cam was pointing at a blue shed. Naturally, the internet started obsessing over it's continuing survival, and then the stream cut out. 

Many wanted to know the fate of the shed, and then a reporter filmed a segment at the car wash a little while after the storm. It survived.

Hence, the blue shed is a bit like Hector the Palm Tree, and is short hand for flimsy shelter that survives a storm like Chuck Norris in childrens tea party.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder / lightning, Freezing rain, snow, ice and blizzards!
4 minutes ago, Hurricane Debby said:

Thanks Alexis. Was that a good one to watch ? 

Its still on his feed somewhere, I watched it after the event and was pretty intense.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme.....
Just now, crimsone said:

In Hurricane Harvey, Jeff ended up sheltering under a car wash. Parked up behind a wall and under a roof (which eventually gave out), his dash cam was pointing at a blue shed. Naturally, the internet started obsessing over it's continuing survival, and then the stream cut out. 

Many wanted to know the fate of the shed, and then a reporter filmed a segment at the car wash a little while after the storm. It survived.

Hence, the blue shed is a bit like Hector the Palm Tree, and is short hand for flimsy shelter that survives a storm like Chuck Norris in childrens tea party.

Wow thanks Crimsone !! Yes I picked up on the Harvey the Palm tree thing ! It's blowing a hoolie here but from having followed this Irma for pretty much three days now, kind of puts things into perspective. I can't thank everyone enough on here for all the fantastic links and posts. I'm really not getting much done!! Its only the strong gusts that we are having here now that has torn me away from the web...Just had to bring a few bits in and put the parasol down...

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow.
4 minutes ago, Mokidugway said:

And here it is in all its majesty  :shok:

IMG_1331.JPG

Hector, the shed et al should all get plaques :)

• Like 3

Posted
3 minutes ago, Barking_Mad said:

Hector, the shed et al should all get plaques :)

Would you really put it past the internet to track down those responsible for both the shed and the tree, and plead for their immortalisation?

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Freezing fog, frost, snow, sunshine.

The Jeff Piotriowski stream seems to be repeating a two minute clip atm, anyone else getting that?

Looks like an average December day in Inverness thus far :p

Posted

so really that storm surge is going to be the thing that they have to watch out for ,living on isle of lewis for years ,100 mile an hour winds happened ,feel for the islands this hit on the way though ,and trying to understand the difference in wind speeds ,although i understand that she down graded and had to regain strength ,very confusing storm 

Edited by milkmaid
  • Like 1

Posted
4 minutes ago, NorthernRab said:

The Jeff Piotriowski stream seems to be repeating a two minute clip atm, anyone else getting that?

Looks like an average December day in Inverness thus far :p

I'm watching the live stream and it's not on loop. I think he's driving back to Naples or Marco Island?

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Freezing fog, frost, snow, sunshine.
2 minutes ago, milkmaid said:

so really that storm surge is going to be the thing that they have to watch out for ,living on isle of lewis for years ,100 mile an hour winds happened ,feel for the islands this hit on the way though ,and trying to understand the difference in wind speeds ,although i understand that she down graded and had to regain strength ,very confusing storm 

I mind the January (2015?) storm where we had 100mph winds here and you were in a very hairy situation. That was more than plenty for us I think - don't envy any of those who get 130mph winds!

• Like 1

Posted
30 minutes ago, NorthernRab said:

I mind the January (2015?) storm where we had 100mph winds here and you were in a very hairy situation. That was more than plenty for us I think - don't envy any of those who get 130mph winds!

yep ,that's one of the reasons i feel somewhere is probably getting a battering ,thanks for the above post answers the question 

Edited by milkmaid

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder / lightning, Freezing rain, snow, ice and blizzards!
7 minutes ago, crimsone said:

WXChasing are awaiting landfall, and appear to be *on* marco island.

Either they're braver than Jeff, more stupid than Jeff, or know something that Jeff doesn't.

Wow! that is crazy based on what Jeff was saying about that location.