Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms

Cat 5 at landfall in the Florida Keys.. shocking. Cat 4 upon landfall in the mainland. Looks like Miami will miss the worst but not good news for western areas of Florida. Looks like Tampa could receive a direct strike.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Humid & stormy
27 minutes ago, Polar Bear said:

There's a twitter post that says that the water level off Miami Beach think it was has dropped... is that a possible phenomena relating to before the storm arrives? 

Can u post link of post?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Surprises
12 minutes ago, crimsone said:

I love that you can basically make out the hadley cell model in operation on that loop, right with the mid-latitude cell, even if the polar cell is somewhat obscured by static data. Nice little image.

http://mp1.met.psu.edu/~fxg1/SAT_US/animvis.html

for a closer view of current activity

Posted

There was three scenarios for Irma ..turns north before Florida,hits Florida or ends up the Gulf. I would be more inclined to think the Gulf option may play out,just an opinion.

Posted
2 minutes ago, Martin/Baldie said:

There was three scenarios for Irma ..turns north before Florida,hits Florida or ends up the Gulf. I would be more inclined to think the Gulf option may play out,just an opinion.

Taking into account of the super computers (et al') analysis over the last two weeks i think it quite unlikely that Irma is going to hang left into the gulf of Mexico - but hey you called it first (-;

• Like 2

Posted
1 minute ago, Pixel said:

Taking into account of the super computers (et al') analysis over the last two weeks i think it quite unlikely that Irma is going to hang left into the gulf of Mexico - but hey you called it first (-;

Well, I did say that that n'ward turn would cause people to disbelieve it. :p

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder / lightning, Freezing rain, snow, ice and blizzards!

....or it could as said above just plough head long into Cuba

Posted

..and for some light relief before bedtime the BBC has made this page:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/article/41201494/people-like-ryon-are-going-to-shoot-at-hurricane-irma

<crazy emoticon>

ps nite-nite sleep tight knowing the world is in a safe place

Edited by Pixel
ps reality

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow.
Just now, Mokidugway said:

Lol next time it drizzles I'm getting my shotgun out :rofl:

Hey, don't you be gettin' it angry and make it turn to a shower!  

Posted
1 hour ago, Martin/Baldie said:

Not far off happening, it has moved so far west. Miami less in danger now, 100mph rather than 160/170mph likely (still pretty bad but should survive).

The area most at risk is the Naples area. 300,000 inhabitants, one of the richest districts in the world, lots of rich people with grand properties. Currently in line for a category 5 hit.

Posted
1 hour ago, Man With Beard said:

Not far off happening, it has moved so far west. Miami less in danger now, 100mph rather than 160/170mph likely (still pretty bad but should survive).

The area most at risk is the Naples area. 300,000 inhabitants, one of the richest districts in the world, lots of rich people with grand properties. Currently in line for a category 5 hit.

If westward shift keeps happening then Louisiana a possible target time will tell

Posted

To me certainly it looks like it’s going to make landfall on Cuba with the first proper land interaction not good for them but spares Florida destruction. I for once do not think it is going to be as bad as some are making while I understand the caution. I forsee it making landfall on the mainland as a category 2/3 a weak category 4 for the keys, storm surge perhaps the bigger concern. 

Edited by Daniel*

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms

Yes, for some reason it's had a bit of a wobble and seems to have actually moved WSW. Not sure what could be causing that. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hurricanes, Thunderstorms and blizzards please!
12 minutes ago, Daniel* said:

To me certainly it looks like it’s going to make landfall on Cuba with the first proper land interaction not good for them but spares Florida destruction. I for once do not think it is going to be as bad as some are making while I understand the caution. I forsee it making landfall on the mainland as a category 2/3 a weak category 4 for the keys, storm surge perhaps the bigger concern. 

I would love to see you right, but I think the very high SST's south of Florida along with no/low wind shear will pep it up.  I note that the NHC are now forecasting Irma to re-intensify back to a Cat 5 as it makes landfall over the Keys.  This storm is historic and I really don't see it significantly weakening until it's properly over Florida.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder / lightning, Freezing rain, snow, ice and blizzards!

Posted
31 minutes ago, Ice Day said:

I would love to see you right, but I think the very high SST's south of Florida along with no/low wind shear will pep it up.  I note that the NHC are now forecasting Irma to re-intensify back to a Cat 5 as it makes landfall over the Keys.  This storm is historic and I really don't see it significantly weakening until it's properly over Florida.

We’ll see :) 

a fascinating period for us weather geeks!

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, Ice Day said:

Agreed.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: severe storms,snow wind and ice

Cuba live on fb,sirens going off.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: severe storms,snow wind and ice

and after watching it for a bit i realised that it's a loop:nonono: