Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder storms and Blizzards.

This certainly looks like a can of worms.

http://www.smh.com.au/environment/climate-change/houston-you-have-a-problem-and-some-of-it-of-your-own-making-20170827-gy5cmy.html

At a purely personal level, it would appear to myself that boats have certain advantages over spaceships given the correct operating conditions. I also feel it fair to point out that boats have a history of development, using wind power (many casualties.) I wonder if carrying all that lard around makes swimming a palatable alternative to firing up the truck? (septic find out)

I'm not the most good nature'd of people and I mean to hold on to what I have.

My thoughts and prayers to the guys up there with, a rotating wing aircraft a crew and enough gas to get home.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

Harvey has now pulled away from Houston so some respite from the rain, at last, the risk of torrential rain now moves further east

Posted

I can't imagine that we'll ever see another Hurricane Harvey.

We *might* see one like it (Come on... how many of us saw that we'd see a mess as big as Katrina caused again in our lifetimes?), but chances are that that name is getting retired.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Windstorms and Thunderstorms

An interesting time-lapse.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot & Sunny, Cold & Snowy

Not similar but I recall one boxing Day watching the waters beginning to encroach. It is a thing of wonder until it breaches your 'comfort zone' and you are forced to contemplate inundation. From there on in it is hell!!! Each mm of change, each wavelette that breaks ever closer.

And then the months of mud, revitalised with every shower ( the clay particles are the main things in suspension and so layered onto the surface once the water drains/soaks) including the petrochemicals lending a rainbow sheen to every puddle.......... 

• Like 1