Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Summer 2017 Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: 6-10 degrees. Spring 12-16 degrees. Summer 17-22 degrees.
4 minutes ago, Summer Sun said:

Tomasz Schafernacker saying highs of 26c by day and down to 10c overnight for next week

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/features/40589950

Can't see that with coming off of a southernly flow. Humidity would linger and keep night temps at upper teens-low 20s. Still, won't hear me complaining about 10c nights.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow/Thunderstorms
1 hour ago, Summer Sun said:

Tomasz Schafernacker saying highs of 26c by day and down to 10c overnight for next week

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/features/40589950

Like the sound of the cooler nights, GFS currently showing single digit minima's for parts of the UK early next week. :)

ukmintemp.pngukmintemp.pngukmintemp.png

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: 6-10 degrees. Spring 12-16 degrees. Summer 17-22 degrees.
1 minute ago, vizzy2004 said:

Like the sound of the cooler nights, GFS currently showing single digit minima's for parts of the UK early next week. :)

ukmintemp.pngukmintemp.pngukmintemp.png

sadly thats before the muck shows up. Not getting my hopes up unless it continues.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow/Thunderstorms
Just now, Ice Man 85 said:

sadly thats before the muck shows up. Not getting my hopes up unless it continues.

Yes nighttime temps rise later in the week but that is firmly FI for now.

Don't mind sacrificing a few muggy nights for a thunderstorm though :p

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot
10 hours ago, vizzy2004 said:

Yes nighttime temps rise later in the week but that is firmly FI for now.

Don't mind sacrificing a few muggy nights for a thunderstorm though :p

Never happens though, sod the muggy nights!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Fully expecting it to be dry and warm 22nd-26th for outdoor plans I've got organised. Shouldn't be too hard given its high summer.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and 15-25c

turning into a hot dry summer here as opposed to the much cooler summer on the east cost of America..we average just 2 days per year where the temp exceeds 30c..so far we are at 8 days after 30c yesterday and its forecast to be 31c tomorrow...the outlook is for it to stay pretty dry and warm/hot in the next 2 weeks. We have also had a remarkably quite storm season..with no notable storms at all...mostly the odd thundery shower that last about 10 mins as happened yesterday evening 

Posted
20 minutes ago, Summer Sun said:

Looks like the rain has arrived a lot earlier than expected

aromehd-1-6-0.thumb.png.58e006e20f4ed814dd548fc53d5ec3af.pngarpegeuk-1-6-0.thumb.png.db07d2e308647fb5ccf73b9fe359a045.png57575.thumb.png.0697b474f0c77010cca9bfc7fe1cba07.png

I notice that also, any idea on cloud bases tomorrow for RAF Fairford? Going to an airshow, no good if cloud bases are to low.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms

Hopefully that means tomorrow morning won't be rainy.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms
57 minutes ago, Mokidugway said:

It's looking cheesy here cheese :cc_confused:

BBC say heavy rain here tomorrow morning, but that rain is moving through pretty fast!

Posted

been a  poor summer  here.. way to many forgettable days..Lack of sunshine  is the biggest problem. CLOUDDDYYYY   that's all we get CLOUDDYYYYY.. It doesn't rain much.. it doesn't do much of anything really.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer

Yes been a horrid summer, too much of that rotten N/S divide which seems to be getting worse each year.. Just waiting for all the hoo-har southern henrys to come banging on about how brilliant their summer was and that UK summer was the best since 2006.

• Like 1

Posted

If we get a good August it will be almost on par as last year..I thought 2016 wasn't that bad actually.. wasn't great  but kinda acceptable. This year as had very hot days  much hotter than last year . but nothing else..

I keep expecting to summer to burst into bloom and get 2/3 weeks of warm  weather with loads of sunshine.. But we keep getting days like yesterday and today.. pointless.. Monday will be a sunny day.. Tuesday will be fine enough then the rest of the week will be back to normal.

Posted

I personally think  decent summers in  the UK that doesn't just include  the SE and parts of East Anglia  always depend on June. if we get a  dry sunny June  we usually get a hot July.. That happened in 2006 and  2013..

June this year for most of the UK was  pretty unsettled apart from the hot spell  around the 3rd week.. The rest of the summer is following suit.. July up and down.Not much rain  here  just very disappointing cloud..Just wish it would do something.. either pour it down for weeks  or  long sunny days.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snow winter, Warm/hot summer, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales

Incredibly disappointed that a prolonged settled, dry and warm spell has now been replaced by the worst of all, a trough sitting right over us giving cool, cloudy, wet and windy weather for it looks like, at least a week, especially as summer hasnt even got going here, always raining and i can count on one hand the amount of days it's been above 20c. Been a below average summer so far imby.

• Like 1

Posted

The summer to date here has been slightly below average sunshine and warmer than average temps so its been a  pretty Normal half. I wouldn't class this as a poor summer. 2012 is the only one what stands out as being poor here since 2006. 2007 was very wet but quite sunny at times too.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snow winter, Warm/hot summer, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales
3 hours ago, Matthew. said:

The summer to date here has been slightly below average sunshine and warmer than average temps so its been a  pretty Normal half. I wouldn't class this as a poor summer. 2012 is the only one what stands out as being poor here since 2006. 2007 was very wet but quite sunny at times too.

Well it depends were you live, IMBY it's been pretty poor, the further south and east you go it gets much better.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Foggy autumn days are the best! Although I does enjoy a good thunderstorm.

After a bit of a grey start, I have to say what an absolutely beautiful summers day it turned into :D
Now I know many will disagree with, but I found it perfect, almost clear blue skies with just a few odd bits of cloud around, loads of pleasant sunshine, and plenty warm enough, without the crippling heat... If the rest of summer 2017 carries on like this then you shall hear no complaints from me. :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

Today really is my perfect summer's day. Lengthy sunny spells, low-to-mid 20s and low humidity. Shame these days are as rare as hen's teeth in this country, and double shame that I'm in the office all day :D

Edited by Nick L
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

As expected, I was expecting frequent spells of humidity which will probably last until September. This happened last summer and the one  before that.