Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Summer 2017 Discussion

Posted
3 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

We really are being punished for that nice June. Utterly hideous day here, heavy rain, flooded streets and November-like gloom. Wouldn't mind so much if it was warm (say low 20's) but max temperature here has been a shocking 15C.

welcome to my world staines...:(

ps we didnt even get the nice june lol

Edited by northwestsnow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
1 minute ago, northwestsnow said:

welcome to my world staines...:(

I did wonder upon waking this morning if I had slipped into a coma overnight and it was November! The lack of light and cold had me fooled. Then I thought that perhaps the much speculated on pole shift had actually occurred and London was now where Reykjavik used to be?!

• Like 2

Posted

Looking through the records it looks like 3 months this year have had well-above average minimum values- March, May and June. I do think where going into a new pattern now with closer to average values.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
1 minute ago, AderynCoch said:

32C here today, perhaps 37C tomorrow.

Sorry everyone!

You can stick that...today's been about the most comfortable day since God knows when!:yahoo:

• Like 3

Posted

Wheres that in Italy more comfortable.

Looking cool and sunny today,and into the weekened at least dry but cool and best spell this august a very feeble affair,patchy rain tomorrow.

Posted

The bbc are mentioning August being the wettest month of the  3 summer months..Thats fine  but  they didn't mention how good August was last year.. Just because our summers  aren't great over all. doesn't not mean its  bad all the time. which is as been  for  the last  4 weeks. Its been exceptionally  poor. That's the biggest issue..

You'd expect the jet stream to slacken now and then and allow  3/4 days in a row of good weather.. The jet stream as been  wayyyy more active than normal for a summer even  for the UK.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Csa/Csb
2 hours ago, weatherguru14 said:

The bbc are mentioning August being the wettest month of the  3 summer months..Thats fine  but  they didn't mention how good August was last year.. Just because our summers  aren't great over all. doesn't not mean its  bad all the time. which is as been  for  the last  4 weeks. Its been exceptionally  poor. That's the biggest issue..

You'd expect the jet stream to slacken now and then and allow  3/4 days in a row of good weather.. The jet stream as been  wayyyy more active than normal for a summer even  for the UK.

August wasn't anything special last year.  It was about 1c warmer than normal, with slightly below average sun hours and rainfall. 

It's only good if you compare it to most Augusts since 2006, which have all been abnormally bad (bar a few normal ones in 2009, 2012 and a decent one in 2013).

London has seen below average temperatures every day since 19th July!  Earlier this week we recorded one of the coldest days ever for early August, with a high of only 15.5c!! The average high for August after 11 days is a pathetic 20.6c, and we are well on course to be even cloudier than 2008 or 2010.

Edited by B87
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes
2 hours ago, Weather-history said:

As I mentioned in another thread, this summer is now the wettest summer since 2012 for England and Wales and I fear it could be a 300mm+ summer.

It actually hasn't been THAT wet here.

2012 was definitely wetter for this neck of the woods.

Posted
16 minutes ago, B87 said:

August wasn't anything special last year.  It was about 1c warmer than normal, with slightly below average sun hours and rainfall. 

It's only good if you compare it to most Augusts since 2006, which have all been abnormally bad (bar a few normal ones in 2009, 2012 and a decent one in 2013).

London has seen below average temperatures every day since 19th July!  Earlier this week we recorded one of the coldest days ever for early August, with a high of only 15.5c!! The average high for August after 11 days is a pathetic 20.6c, and we are well on course to be even cloudier than 2008 or 2010.

It was a really good August further north. I agree with Weatherguru maybe because of a similar location. Above average sunshine with slightly above average temps.

Posted
43 minutes ago, B87 said:

august 2013 was poor here.. it was much nicer last year. I agree on August this year its been terrible for most of the UK>.. though  yesterday and the day before  here were   nice..But over all its been  garbage for a long time now.. no two days are the same... change change change that's all that happens.

Posted

It does seem like the summer has remained poor since the thunderstorms around July 19th(think that was a Tuesday), and temps haven't recovered to anything above 22c since that week.

london hasn't had a day 25c or above for about a month now. Hopefully a warm or hot spell will return before the end of August. 

The plus side of all of this though, was the much needed rain after months of dry weather.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Csa/Csb
2 hours ago, Sunny76 said:

london hasn't had a day 25c or above for about a month now. Hopefully a warm or hot spell will return before the end of August.

It's even worse than that.  The warmest day since 18th July has been a paltry 22.9c!  You'd expect that to be one of the cooler days between mid-July and mid-August in a normal summer.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

It does seem like the summer has remained poor since the thunderstorms around July 19th(think that was a Tuesday), and temps haven't recovered to anything above 22c since that week.

The plus side of all of this though, was the much needed rain after months of dry weather.

There's no 'seem' about it, summer since mid July has been utter crap. For London not to record an above average temperature reading in summer for over 3 weeks is just shockingly bad. Some rain is good but I'd rather most of it fell outside summer, when it does more good.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

was a Wednesday, but agree, summer here been pants since Wimbledon, just before Whit was decent, and a lot of June

Posted

Coming to the end of what I class 'high summer' roughly mid July to mid August (we have about a week left); and with no prospects of any sustained warm dry weather in the week ahead, it will go down as a very poor one overall, mostly wet, cool and dull. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow/Thunderstorms
4 hours ago, Matthew. said:

Although the last 2 days have been poor here tomorrow looks like a lovely day to come.

Yes looking forward to tomorrow, can get some jobs done in garden without everything being soaked.

We are forecast 18c here but I reckon we will be in the low 20s with light winds and sunshine.

Posted

First properly summery day here since mid July, though the temperature is only scraping average it feels positively warm.