Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Summer 2017 Discussion

Posted

Pushed back again/??  don't forget its going to warm next weekend... But waittttttt  a low will appear midweek from nowhere and push the jet stream right back to middle of France.. and  the temperatures will not rise.. So the summer predicted   2 days ago to appear  this midweek.it will be the  3rd week in June and it will last for  3 days and then back to usual tripe.. Anyone would think how certain people have portrayed this set as the best summer scenario of all time. when its duked me for starters..

Posted

i disagree with the pleasant feeling.. looking at the wind direction for most of next week its a strong westerly.. If the winds drop then fine it will feel warm. If  they continue to blow  even if 18c/19c are predicted for Tuesday to Friday, it will feel cooler..

Edited by weatherguru14

Posted

This can be considered moaning of just  honesty?.. for most of the UK this June as been  very poor so far considering previous  Junes..even last  year up this point was much better in my Location.. we have had  no warm days at all in June so far.. I know the South East and bit of East have done better in recent days..And I know the second half of May was excellent..But even this morning its raining again outside

Just annoying when  you have the likes of the BBC showing the jet stream way way way north. when its not the case.. and we have all kinds of pressure charts promising warmer weather and the outcome is completely different.. I just want people to be honest and say so far the first  month of Summer  as been a let down..

But things get sugar coated and presented differently ..seen it every year since I can remember.

Edited by weatherguru14

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.
3 hours ago, weatherguru14 said:

This can be considered moaning of just  honesty?.. for most of the UK this June as been  very poor so far considering previous  Junes..even last  year up this point was much better in my Location.. we have had  no warm days at all in June so far.. I know the South East and bit of East have done better in recent days..And I know the second half of May was excellent..But even this morning its raining again outside

Just annoying when  you have the likes of the BBC showing the jet stream way way way north. when its not the case.. and we have all kinds of pressure charts promising warmer weather and the outcome is completely different.. I just want people to be honest and say so far the first  month of Summer  as been a let down..

But things get sugar coated and presented differently ..seen it every year since I can remember.

I live in the south and generally agree with you. Although it's not been AS bad as where you are, this June has been very disappointing overall since the opening two days.  When analysed, the second half of May also only produced 4 completely sunny days here. A vast improvement is needed fast!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish plumes, hot and sunny with thunderstorms

Im not complaining about June here, and to be fair if you go further back into the last 3rd of may you could say the last 3 weeks have been pretty decent. Some may beg to differ but the ground aint sodden and the coat is firmly consigned to the cupboard, unlike some other early Junes.

Just now, Milhouse said:

Im not complaining about June here, and to be fair if you go further back into the last 3rd of may you could say the last 3 weeks have been pretty decent. Some may beg to differ but the ground aint sodden and the coat is firmly consigned to the cupboard, unlike some other early Junes.

Lol last week here was disgusting 50 mph winds 40 mm + rain dull and 12 c on some days ,a truly awful start to June .

Posted

I can only speak for my location, but the first half of last June was absolutely dire with relentless east or north-easterly winds. The mean temp to the 13th was only 13.5C compared to 16.0C so far this year. That 16.0C figure is only 0.1C below the record warmest June back in 2003 (for the entire month mind you!). Sunshine this year is currently at 84 hours, whereas 2016 recorded only 135 hours all month. The mean max to the 13th was 17.0C in 2016 vs 19.9C now and mean min 9.9C in 2016 vs 12.0C now are also significantly better this year.

The only factor this year comes out worse is in rainfall, but even then, the same number of days had seen >1mm - 4 days for both years.

Honestly there's no comparison, this year has been much better!

Edited by reef

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
5 minutes ago, Milhouse said:

gotta agree with mokidugway, awful June, some days synpoptically, looked like Jan, especially 5th to 7th and 12th

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms

Yup, pretty rubbish June so far. Hope July and August are better (they usually are).

Posted
On 2017-6-13 at 19:12, reef said:

I can only speak for my location, but the first half of last June was absolutely dire with relentless east or north-easterly winds. The mean temp to the 13th was only 13.5C compared to 16.0C so far this year. That 16.0C figure is only 0.1C below the record warmest June back in 2003 (for the entire month mind you!). Sunshine this year is currently at 84 hours, whereas 2016 recorded only 135 hours all month. The mean max to the 13th was 17.0C in 2016 vs 19.9C now and mean min 9.9C in 2016 vs 12.0C now are also significantly better this year.

The only factor this year comes out worse is in rainfall, but even then, the same number of days had seen >1mm - 4 days for both years.

Honestly there's no comparison, this year has been much better!

The first half of June this year has seen a change of fortune depending on where you are compared to first half of June 2016. Unlike last year, north west quarter of the country has borne the brunt of the worse conditions as the airstream has been predominantly between south west and north west, never a good direction for such parts, meaning continuous bouts of heavy rain, or grey leaden cool skies, here we have had very little sunshine, and some very wet spells indeed, conversely the east and more notably the SE has often been fairly dry with only sporadic wet outbreaks and temps much closer to normal with more in the bright or sunny conditions. The opposite occured last year, the first half of June was dominated by winds from between north and east, meaning NW and sheltered west parts saw the best of the weather, with lots of dry warm sunny conditions, the east coast caught the raw deal with low cloud and drizzle and cool temps. The rest of this week promises warmer conditions in the main for all, but the NW quarter will see further cloud or rain/drizzle and temps only nudging into the low 20's at best, perfectly respectable for June but nothing special, it would therefore require an exceptional last 10 days of persistant dry very warm sunny weather to salvage back what will have been a very disappointing June for such parts, conversely I suspect write ups of June 2017 as a whole for a line south of the Humber to the Severn channel will rank it as very good indeed.. 

For those in the NW quarter of the country, June is often far more likely to bring less in the way of westerly murky drizzly grey rot, compared to August, and we only really have July then to bank on when it goes, those in the SE still have August and September to bank on.. 

Posted

Apart from rain first thing yesterday the day turned into a lovely summers day and today as been similar.. so can't complain on that :).. I hope we do get  better weather from now on in.. Our summers are so short... Its disappointing when we  get  bad weather.. I don't expect our summers to be like Greece of Spain.. But its nice when its warm and the sun shines .:clap:

Posted

The first half of June has brought below average sunshine, above average rainfall here. At least it's been warm though. I don't class the first half as summer but 1-15 September instead

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

The met office have issued a level 2 heatwave alert for all of England except the north west

Current watch level: Level 2 - Alert and Readiness

Issued at: 09:06 on Fri 16 Jun 2017

There is a 70 % probability of heatwave conditions between 1200 on Saturday and 0800 on Tuesday in parts of England.

Very warm or hot conditions will spread north under high pressure over the weekend and into Monday, with trigger criteria likely to be met across most regions. Fresher, wetter conditions may affect the north of England later on Monday, with these fresher conditions spreading south through Tuesday. There is a chance that the far south of the country, especially the southwest, will remain in the warmer air through Tuesday, and therefore there is a likelihood that this alert will be updated and extended further.

An update will be issued when the alert level changes in any region. Alerts are issued once a day by 0900 if required and are not subject to amendment in between standard issue times. Note that the details of the forecast weather are valid at the time of issue but may change over the period that an alert remains in force. These details will not be updated here unless the alert level also changes, the latest forecast details can be obtained at the following link: http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/forecast/#?tab=map

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/heat-health/#?tab=heatHealth

Posted

fantastic weather on the horizon. hot weather until Tuesday for my area and Wednesday and Thursday still  around  70f with plenty of sunshine and light wings..  much better.. who knows what will happen after that.. Fingers crossed another  build of  warmth.. more like it :clap:

• Like 1

Posted

Glorious weather across England, Wales and eastern Scotland if you hate the heat a trip to north-west Scotland is required

cb270371-aaa9-4dcb-9cd6-5115c5cee937.thumb.png.65cb0859c25fb6967beb00bc609d8b98.png

Posted

28c and rising in London with a few hours until the heat peaks still we have every chance of recording the first 30c of the year today