knocker

Software analyser

I appreciate this is no doubt a very stupid question but please bare with me.

I very recently started having problems with some photo editing software that I've been using for years. It coincided with an AVG upgrade and after much fiddling I've realized the software analyser component of the AVG package appears to be the culprit  If I turn it off the problem disappears. So my question is, as I've no idea what this software analyser does, do I need to keep this component turned on? It's no big deal as I can just turn it off when I want to photo edit.

And of course 'bear with me as well' :wallbash:

• Haha 1

I think you can add an exception for it, so it won't scan the folder with the editor program in it (right click on the link to the program in your start menu and see properties or 'open file location' in the menu to get the right folder). 

What program is it?

AVG asked me if I wanted to add this as a permanent exception to which I replied yes but the next time I attempted some editing it blocked  it again. The software is Tiffin dfx. I actually tried to upgrade as I'm using an old version but the download came up with 'your machine cannot install this APP contact the software supplier',

Paul

Further to this I decided to upgrade to the latest version of the software dfx v4 but my PC didn't like this app and came up with an error message. After consultation with the dfx techs I received this email

"This is an error message generated by your PC saying that it is not compatible with Dfx v4. Please review the Dfx v4 system requirements to see if your system meets all the specs. The most common issue for PC users is not having an Open Cl capable graphics card drive".

Whoa, as my old system is back up and running, I might rest awhile :)

Eek, yep perhaps the best way is to just switch off when you want to edit pics at this point!

Hi, I'm new here, so please do not judge strictly. I've had several problems with software several times. And after a long search for a solution, I rolled back to the previous version of the software. And then I expected patches that would fix the problem. And I read the lists of changes to this program.