Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Convective/Storm Discussion Thread - 1st August onwards

Supacell

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Foggy autumn days are the best! Although I does enjoy a good thunderstorm.

The sun is now starting to break through proper here now... Very hot and humid.:bomb::rolleyes:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, and wind storms

Maybe this could be 28th May all over again, as that was not forecast to happen...

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
4 minutes ago, LightningLover said:

Maybe this could be 28th May all over again, as that was not forecast to happen...

Fingers crossed lol, although i never expect another storm like that again.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

Cloudy now with spots of rain. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Foggy autumn days are the best! Although I does enjoy a good thunderstorm.

You know the one thing that strikes me is that there is no real strong convection going on.:mellow:

... Mind you exactly the same happened two years ago, and we got a cracking storm that evening. :D

Lets see what happens. :rolleyes:

IMG_4467.JPG

IMG_4468.JPG

• Like 3

Posted
16 minutes ago, Dangerous55019 said:

You know the one thing that strikes me is that there is no real strong convection going on.:mellow:

... Mind you exactly the same happened two years ago, and we got a cracking storm that evening. :D

Lets see what happens. :rolleyes:

IMG_4467.JPG

IMG_4468.JPG

It would have been nice to be able to spot a few towers by now.

• Like 1

Posted

Might be wrong but increasingly I would reckon it's that rain in ireland that's going to cause the trouble later can't see other showers/storms appearing although I am aware they could break out anywhere at anytime

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

Day 1 Convective Outlook

VALID 06:00 UTC Tue 22 Aug 2017 - 05:59 UTC Wed 23 Aug 2017

ISSUED 14:25 UTC Tue 22 Aug 2017

ISSUED BY: Dan

UPDATE 14:25 UTC Adjustments made to existing SLGT and LOW threat levels to expand the elevated thunderstorm risk farther south overnight, while a MDT has been introduced to highlight areas where elevated thunderstorms seem most likely (while acknowledging greater instability is found farther south). In general, high-res guidance continues to suggest increasing covering of thunderstorms from mid-evening over Northern Ireland into western fringes of Scotland and the Hebrides, the Theta-E plume then destabilising farther and farther south through the early hours as the cold front and upper forcing approaches from the west. Hints in several models of a few elevated thunderstorms developing ahead of this within the Theta-E ridge over the likes of Derbyshire / Nottinghamshire / Yorkshire / Lincolnshire during the early hours. Some elevated showers (of questionable depth) possible this evening over parts of East Anglia too...

f2f401ff-8c50-47f6-ad03-88b85ab86e6c.png

Edited by Summer Sun
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

elevated shower passed through a few mins ago......still got plenty of low cloud but in the gaps, towering Ac Cas are quite noticable

Posted
1 hour ago, karyo said:

It would have been nice to be able to spot a few towers by now.

I agree mate... To me this is starting to look like a bust for my area at least. 

I'm not throwing the towel in just yet... But I'm not far off that point.:closedeyes:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days
Just now, Dangerous55019 said:

I agree mate... To me this is starting to look like a bust for my area at least. 

I'm not throwing the towel in just yet... But I'm not far off that point.:closedeyes:

Definitely not. Nothing is going to happen here until overnight so don't worry. 

• Thanks 1

Posted
1 minute ago, Dangerous55019 said:

Just now, Chris.R said:

Definitely not. Nothing is going to happen here until overnight so don't worry. 

To be honest, if it is going to happen at 3am it is hardly any use to me. I wanted an afternoon/early evening storm.

Posted

I cant see much happening here as we're at the edge of the Cape levels. Not much in terms of precipitation is being forecast for us over night either. But as ever any storms could end up any where after past experiences

Posted
5 minutes ago, Mokidugway said:

Very humid today ,promising looking sky ,remember you naysayers that storms can develop in 30 mins and there's hours left yet .

You are in a good position for the early hour storms

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Wow. Just driven through very heavy rain shower by Poole Harbour. Why wow? Rain falling from high level Ac Cas. Thought the radar was showing a large blobof ana prop, and then the rain came down,  seemingly out of nowhere! 

• Like 1

Posted

I love storms at night, I'll just get a bit of sleep this evening in preparation. 

• Like 1

Posted

Looks like ther could be some elevated storms along the cold front this evening from Convective Weather's updated forecast? It's very humid today here, been around 23c since 11am.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat and thunderstorms, snow in winter
1 hour ago, ajpoolshark said:

elevated shower passed through a few mins ago......still got plenty of low cloud but in the gaps, towering Ac Cas are quite noticable

Yes same here, we've had very interesting and convective looking skies all day, and a few big splats of rain falling every now and then, yet not a lot expected to happen down here. Fingers crossed nevertheless.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Just had a light shower with quite large raindrops. The sky looks interesting too. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, rain, tornados, funnel clouds and the northern lights

Well, this is weird. Winds were forecast to be southeasterly, but its actually a southwesterly that on radar is blowing what looks like a developing squall line my way. I'm also in convective weathers low risk zone and have a 52% of a storm tomorrow between 10am and 1pm according to netweathers 7 day forecast so there's a chance I'm still in the running tonight and tomorrow. :)

I also see Ireland took a pounding about an hour ago! :rolleyes: I'll have to visit one summer. They seem to had had a lot of storms this year. Scenery looks beautiful as well.

Edited by Windblade
  • Like 1