Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Convective/Storm Discussion Thread - 1st August onwards

Supacell

Posted
7 minutes ago, Weather-history said:

Hail falling with the heavy rain.

We are under the line of showers now. I'd be surprised if there is no more thunder soon.

Posted
Just now, Mokidugway said:

It's a bit stealers wheel here , storms to my north ,storms to my south ,here I am stuck in the middle with nowt ...

That was me this morning.

14 minutes ago, ChezWeather said:

Thunder shower passing over here, few rumbles

Yep heard a few rumbles south of here over the last 5-10 mins :)

Not much surviving the Pennines, unfortunately.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heatwaves, thunderstorms, cold/snowy spells.

Anyone know if any further deep embedded convection will occur in area of rain crossing the Irish sea, once its moves onto the main land?

Posted

Things starting to quieten down in the NW now, not complaining however as i'll take 3 thundery-showers within the space of 2 hours. Not forgetting Wednesday night's fun and games. This week has more than made up for the 2yr thunder-drought.

Posted
  • Location: Saltdean,Nr Brighton,East Sussex,Hither Green,SE London.
  • Location: Saltdean,Nr Brighton,East Sussex,Hither Green,SE London.

Some local C.G strikes and shotgun thunder here in SE London in the last half hour;torrents of rain too.

Posted
1 minute ago, TJS1998Tom said:

We have convention back and front but nothing yet. If a strong cell is near us I'm kind of expecting it to go bang : P

If you can, take a drive west to the Pennines. Otherwise the cell that left Nottingham may make it to you.

Posted
Just now, karyo said:

If you can, take a drive west to the Pennines. Otherwise the cell that left Nottingham may make it to you.

I dont have a car sadly as I cant drive yet. Otherwise I'd love to be storm chasing. Hopefully next year or the year after 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Can see the cell south of Salisbury.  

IMG_0759.JPG

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and breezy with a bit of cloud, about 20C

Currently en route home from Southend, and it's just started tipping it down out of nowhere. Lightning also picked up just the other side of Basildon. 

Woah! Monsoon rains from nowhere! 

Edit: And now thunder!

Edited by Jcweather
  • Like 1

Posted

I was just in Barns Green , near Horsham Sussex, I couldnt hear any thunder but suddenly the wind was swirling around, everyone in the village shop was saying its a tornado help lol!! The sky was so black, there was no rain but very, very strong wind and all the leaves were falling off the trees and twigs and acorns raining down on our car, not sure what that was but it lasted a few mins and its gone now!

Edited by West Sussex Kate

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.
3 minutes ago, West Sussex Kate said:

I was just in Barns Green , near Horsham Sussex, I couldnt hear any thunder but suddenly the wind was swirling around, everyone in the village shop was saying its a tornado help lol!! The sky was so black, there was no rain but very, very strong wind and all the leaves were falling off the trees and twigs and acorns raining down on our car, not sure what that was but it lasted a few mins and its gone now!

Probably straight-line winds associated with a squally system of heavy showers.  We had a few flashes and bangs around 45 minutes ago from a cell which was weakly electrified for a while.

• Like 1