Sign in to follow this  
Jo Farrow

New Radar apps RAIN SNOW

Hi Jonathan, that's something we noticed also and are looking at options to stop it from getting overloaded on those rare, busy lightning days. 

I've only just realised that I haven't been getting any notifications from the app. I get none for rain in the vicinity, and I don't get push notifications for news stories. I checked all of the app settings, they're on. App notifications within Android are on. I uninstalled the app and reinstalled it, but still no notifications for rainfall. I'm not sure how long it has been like it?! 

Are you using either Android Oreo or a huwaeii handset there at all @Mapantz?

1 hour ago, Paul said:

Are you using either Android Oreo or a huwaeii handset there at all @Mapantz?

I'm using Oreo, but it's on an LG V30+

Ok thanks. There's a bug affecting Oreo at the moment as it has a new way of handling notifications, Karl's working on a new version at the moment which'll fix it. 

There's an update available now in the play store :) 

23 hours ago, Paul said:

There's an update available now in the play store :) 

Netweather news notifications back again. Thank you @Karl & @Paul 👌

Posted feedback in the net weather radar app earlier to say push notifications icon now remain after connecting through. I'm running the  latest app on Android 7.0 but omitted to specify my device is MotoG4.

Screenshot_20180810-112456.thumb.png.bcabedc991b9da3bcee34430a85d8e7b.png

Edited by kar999

Thanks, I've seen that and will pass it over to @Karl. We did make a change to notifications in the last release as Android 8 (oreo) does them a bit differently, so it's likely related to that.

3 hours ago, Paul said:

Thanks, I've seen that and will pass it over to @Karl. We did make a change to notifications in the last release as Android 8 (oreo) does them a bit differently, so it's likely related to that.

Thanks Paul. Tried it again this morning and the notification remains as well as the icon and has to be swiped off the screen even though I've clicked through.

There's a new update going live shortly which should fix it :) 

22 hours ago, Paul said:

There's a new update going live shortly which should fix it  

That sorted it out. Thanks @Paul & @Karl 🙂

I don't seem to be getting any precip notifications. I've had several fronts pass over since the update, but nothing alerting me. I have gone through the settings and changed delay times etc, but to no avail. I do get the news notifications though.

Sorry, meant to reply to you before now @Mapantz - looks like there was still something a bit buggy in there for Oreo devices, there's a new release going live later today which should sort it. 

On 31/08/2018 at 16:09, Paul said:

Sorry, meant to reply to you before now @Mapantz - looks like there was still something a bit buggy in there for Oreo devices, there's a new release going live later today which should sort it. 

Had a notification for rain earlier, when showers were close by. It look's like we're back in business?! Thank you folks!

Any news on the IOS release feels like a long time since we first heard about this?

Hi @cookie, sorry I missed this. There's no news at the moment I'm afraid. While Google are fine listing an app with a login as part of a subscription that is bought on a website and not through the app itself, Apple aren't unfortunately. They require us to offer a method of subscribing through the app using their subscription system which at this time isn't compatible with how subscriptions to Extra work.

It's not going to be on hold indefinitely, but there's no eta at the moment in terms of when we'll be able to make the changes for them to accept it. 

Why does radar show rain and snow but nothing is falling at the moment?

On 25/10/2018 at 15:34, Paul said:

Hi @cookie, sorry I missed this. There's no news at the moment I'm afraid. While Google are fine listing an app with a login as part of a subscription that is bought on a website and not through the app itself, Apple aren't unfortunately. They require us to offer a method of subscribing through the app using their subscription system which at this time isn't compatible with how subscriptions to Extra work.

It's not going to be on hold indefinitely, but there's no eta at the moment in terms of when we'll be able to make the changes for them to accept it. 

It's as it was above, it's still on the agenda, as are alternative options, but there's no eta at this point.