Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Anyone thinking of emigrating in the future with convection in mind?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot

Hey there.  In the debt-free, savings possessed-future I do fancy the idea of emigrating.  Spain, albeit a cliche, will be the perfect compromise as I'm learning the lingo and it's not too far from the folks.  Plus, storms potential of course

Any similar thoughts?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Supercells

I want to one day, will all depend if the missus wants to move aswell. Spain would be a good place as you say - propper lightning storms through the winter, nice country and people. I also like Cyprus, which is a degee or two warmer in jan plus a large ex pat community if you dont know the language - very dry high summer though. Northern italy a great place for severe summer storms with a propper winter, if I ever have the money a place on lake como. The problem for me though - love the english countryside, history, people, just a complete lack of damn storms for me! :) Samos

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot

That does get me thinking, in all honesty, the UK must be a great place to visit.  If you are to put yourself in the shoes of someone that is not from here; someone that's accustomed to months of 35° C+ summers and / or -15°C- winters, the UK climate alone would seem idyllic.  That's before we get on to the beautiful national parks, cute villages, history, the variety of dialects and accents, oh and London of course, one of the most important cities in the world.

Northern Italy it is then XD

Edited by Another Kent clipper
Typo
  • Like 1

Posted

As someone who experienced 47c here in Abu Dhabi today, we LOVE visiting the UK. Back for a week in the North East earlier this month and we had thunder, rain and a lovely warm day. much more interesting than the same old sunshine, which believe me gets very boring. 

I think we are looking to end up in Spain, Italy or France eventually. Any of which should give me my weather fix

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, rain, tornados, funnel clouds and the northern lights

I've thought about it I must admit. Australia keeps cropping up and they do drive on the correct side of the road too which is a bonus! They also get some spectacular storms to rival the USA. The things putting me off though are the heat (I can't stand hot weather) and also the spiders (I don't mind normal house/garden spiders at all, infact I quite like them, but I draw the line at taurrantula sized ones!) and snakes that invite themselves into your home on a regular basis! I've also thought about New Zealand, Canada and Scotland, which I think is the most likely as I love storms, wind, rain and cool weather and they get a lot of it. I also think it would be lovely to live somewhere where you get to see the Northern Lights on a regular basis. Also thought about Shetland for the same reasons. Maybe in the future... 

Edited by Windblade

Wind ... I was born in Australia Adelaide to be precise and never in the time I was a toddler did my parents put shoes on me while I ran around our garden so clearly they were never worried about snakes and spiders  ... my aunt still lives out there and she has never mentioned snakes or spiders ... the reason why is it’s like us having rats they are all around us but how often are we bit by one ? The storms out there are amazing quite like a show at times and the rain wow ! And the roads are very wide and yes they drive on the same side as here .

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
4 minutes ago, Snowflake Queen said:

Wind ... I was born in Australia Adelaide to be precise and never in the time I was a toddler did my parents put shoes on me while I ran around our garden so clearly they were never worried about snakes and spiders  ... my aunt still lives out there and she has never mentioned snakes or spiders ... the reason why is it’s like us having rats they are all around us but how often are we bit by one ? The storms out there are amazing quite like a show at times and the rain wow ! And the roads are very wide and yes they drive on the same side as here .

do they have ginsters pies?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

If I did emigrate when Im older I'd love to live somewhere where you have decent snow in winter, long hit summer's and tonnes of thunderstorms!

I imagine somewhere in Italy would be perfect for that.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms
8 minutes ago, Lauren said:

If I did emigrate when Im older I'd love to live somewhere where you have decent snow in winter, long hit summer's and tonnes of thunderstorms!

I imagine somewhere in Italy would be perfect for that.

To be honest, I think Europe is pretty bad if you want all of those things rolled into one, although I suppose it depends on your definition of hot summers, decent snow and tonnes of thunderstorms. I'd say somewhere in the Balkans would be the best fit. I'm guessing you wouldn't want to live in the poorer parts of Europe though, so northern Italy would probably be the ideal location. Places like Milan and Turin can get hefty snowfalls in winter.

Edited by cheese

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!
31 minutes ago, cheese said:

To be honest, I think Europe is pretty bad if you want all of those things rolled into one, although I suppose it depends on your definition of hot summers, decent snow and tonnes of thunderstorms. I'd say somewhere in the Balkans would be the best fit. I'm guessing you wouldn't want to live in the poorer parts of Europe though, so northern Italy would probably be the ideal location. Places like Milan and Turin can get hefty snowfalls in winter.

Yep, Northern Italy. The lakes region is perfect.

Not sure what US state would meet the criteria? Virginia?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy
51 minutes ago, Lauren said:

I’d say Chicago, Ohio/Kentucky. They get very impressive storms and heat in summer and good snowfall in winter. But most states east of the Rockies get that to be fair. Colorado would also be a good place I’d say too. No shortage of storms there with the mountains as well as snow. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms
23 hours ago, Lauren said:

Agree with @East_England_Stormchaser91, southern Ohio/Indiana/Illinois, northern Kentucky are very good for true four seasons.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms

Think I'd go for the Netherlands (only a short hop from the UK), they have much better stormage than we do despite having a similar climate. Probably somewhere around Den Bosch/Zaltbommel I think.