Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Editing posts

Posted
  • Location: Mostly Watford but 3 months of the year at Capestang 34310, France
  • Weather Preferences: Continental type climate with lots of sunshine with occasional storm
  • Location: Mostly Watford but 3 months of the year at Capestang 34310, France

I am finding this restriction on editing something of a bugbear - there have been a number of occasions when I have wanted to edit my posts, sometimes through typos and sometimes considered that I need to add or amend something pertinent only to find that further access to make corrections etc is verboten.

Can we at least have more time allowed for making such corrections?

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers
40 minutes ago, mike Meehan said:

I am finding this restriction on editing something of a bugbear - there have been a number of occasions when I have wanted to edit my posts, sometimes through typos and sometimes considered that I need to add or amend something pertinent only to find that further access to make corrections etc is verboten.

I know it was changed due to the posting restriction which was put on the serious discussion forum

Maybe it could be extended to say 30 minutes that gives people a bit more time to edit a post I've often re-checked my posts a short time and found a typo with the old system it wasn't much of an issue obviously now it can be

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, mike Meehan said:

I started a fresh thread for this, as it's not related to the chat room. 

To be honest, I think the current setup does allow plenty of time for typos, plus there is the preview button on the post editor if you want to re-read it on a different screen prior to posting it. (This icon screenshot-www.netweather.tv 2017-07-15 11-52-00.png)

In terms of adding points to posts later, this is one of the reasons we shortened the time, as a long period of time to add points, and in theory make significant changes to a post after people have replied to it does create its own issues and disrupts the flow of the conversation. On top of this, with the posting limit now in place, a long editing time limit opens the system up to abuse as people can (and were) using it to essentially make several posts for the price of one, again with often totally different points and purposes after people had read and responded to the original post.

• Like 4