Where to start?

Schools close

Taxis won't drive in it

Buses are taken off

Airports are crippled with it

Trains don't run

morons raid the shops as soon as the see a flake of snow

Pretty much it really.

To be fair, when I lived in Saudi Arabia this happened when it rained !!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Foggy autumn days are the best! Although I does enjoy a good thunderstorm.
12 hours ago, MP-R said:

Before, summer bit back again in September haha, almost as punishment. If only September had occurred in August that year and the summer would have been a memorable one (more so than it is already given more recent summers), and how much more autumnal is would have been had August been in September. Alas, Bertha ruined August, and Cristobal rewarded September.

Most memorable for me of that autumn (autumn proper that is) was the convective spell in the first half of October, great cloudscapes that mirrored more summer; then November brought about quite a lot of fog after the unsettled first half, which was great for photos. Above all, I'd like more frost this autumn - something similar to last November but with a few more gales. 

Morning @MP-R :)
Ahh yes... The clapped out remains of hurricane Bertha in August 2014... yes, it did stir the atmosphere up a bit. Lol
Personally I've got no problem about September having become an extension of summer, as with the shorter days, and the misty starts to the days, there is a different feel to things when compared to say July... Its like enjoying the last gasp of summer before things really change. :D

I remember those cloudscapes of October 2014, they were indeed stunning. :good:
Plus I agree, more frost late autumn, and a few more gales come November time. 

And, and just for good measure... Here are a few of the misty, foggy pics that I manage to take last year... I do hope we get more days like this in the coming autumn... Forgive the pun, but I'm getting all misty eyed thinking about it. Lol :D

IMG_0582.JPG

IMG_1997.JPG

IMG_8719.JPG

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Foggy autumn days are the best! Although I does enjoy a good thunderstorm.
4 hours ago, seaside 60 said:

What happened to the season of mists and mellow fruitfulness.

What happened to foggy autumns, having said that last autumn was a bit more like this. 

Days of calm frosty weather in  the late autumn were always nice.

Morning @seaside 60 :)
We had loads of misty mellow days here last year, and it looked and felt wonderful :D
I just hope we get more like that this year as well. :)

IMG_3097.JPG

IMG_2376.JPG

IMG_7017.JPG

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot
5 minutes ago, Dangerous55019 said:

Morning @MP-R :)
Ahh yes... The clapped out remains of hurricane Bertha in August 2014... yes, it did stir the atmosphere up a bit. Lol
Personally I've got no problem about September having become an extension of summer, as with the shorter days, and the misty starts to the days, there is a different feel to things when compared to say July... Its like enjoying the last gasp of summer before things really change. :D

I remember those cloudscapes of October 2014, they were indeed stunning. :good:
Plus I agree, more frost late autumn, and a few more gales come November time. 

And, and just for good measure... Here are a few of the misty, foggy pics that I manage to take last year... I do hope we get more days like this in the coming autumn... Forgive the pun, but I'm getting all misty eyed thinking about it. Lol :D

IMG_0582.JPG

IMG_1997.JPG

IMG_8719.JPG

Beautiful photos. It frustrates me when people dismiss Autumn as a month of death and decay. Get outside, it's a beautiful season.

• Like 4

Posted
Just now, Nick L said:

Beautiful photos. It frustrates me when people dismiss Autumn as a month of death and decay. Get outside, it's a beautiful season.

Thank you @Nick L :)
I second everything you say there, autumn is a truly beautiful season, hence its my favourite time of the year. :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Mild Spring , hot summer , crisp autumn and snowy cold winters
25 minutes ago, Dangerous55019 said:

Morning @seaside 60 :)
We had loads of misty mellow days here last year, and it looked and felt wonderful :D
I just hope we get more like that this year as well. :)

IMG_3097.JPG

IMG_2376.JPG

IMG_7017.JPG

Stunning photos !!! Capture my favorite season perfectly !

• Like 1

Posted
11 minutes ago, Letitsnowyorkshire said:

Stunning photos !!! Capture my favorite season perfectly !

*Bows*
Thank you @Letitsnowyorkshire :)
Its my favourite season as well :D
Personally I can't wait for the season of mists and mellow fruitfulness to begin again. :D

IMG_1984.JPG

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.
1 hour ago, Nick L said:

Absolutely. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder as they say. I love all the seasons when they deliver their respective weather.

So many slate last winter but I quite enjoyed the calm frosty weather. Much preferred to wind and rain.

• Like 1

Posted

Up and about early, and I'm pleasantly surprised to once more see the gentle mists just hanging across the fields. :good:

So today I can confirm that I have just felt, smelt and seen autumn appearing for the first time this year! Hello autumn 2017. :D

IMG_3442.JPG

• Like 3

Posted

I know it's July, but I took this photo about an hour ago... It could so easily be mistaken for September. :D

The season of mists and mellow fruitfulness is underway. :D

IMG_3468.JPG

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

@Dangerous55019 Your pictures are stunning. 

Come October it's all about being cosy, never was a salad person. Hearty stews all the way.

Edited by Dami
  • Like 2

Posted
3 hours ago, Dami said:

@Dangerous55019 Your pictures are stunning. 

Come October it's all about being cosy, never was a salad person. Hearty stews all the way.

*bows* Thank you @Dami:good:

I agree... Hearty stews all the way... Plus I make a mean sausage casserole. :D

I can't wait for autumn 2017 to get going properly. :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.
Just now, Dangerous55019 said:

*bows* Thank you @Dami:good:

I agree... Hearty stews all the way... Plus I make a mean sausage casserole. :D

I can't wait for autumn 2017 to get going properly. :D

Sausage ....casserole.....

:friends:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it
4 hours ago, Dangerous55019 said:

I know it's July, but I took this photo about an hour ago... It could so easily be mistaken for September. :D

The season of mists and mellow fruitfulness is underway. :D

IMG_3468.JPG

I suspect you may have missed your vocation in life,not everyone can take such photos....including me! Best season of the year coming up,can't wait:)

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool clear sunny weather all year.
10 hours ago, markyo said:

I suspect you may have missed your vocation in life,not everyone can take such photos....including me! Best season of the year coming up,can't wait:)

As long as it doesn't rain the whole autumn lol..

Your right he does take a lovely photo.

Edited by seaside 60
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it and sunny crisp days

Autumn is lovely, the colours are beautiful. I love the cool misty mornings 

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

The weather company outlook for August to October

Unusually Persistent Pattern to Continue

Andover, MA, 24 July 2017 — For the aggregate August-October period, The Weather Company, an IBM Business, is forecasting above-normal temperatures and below-normal precipitation across mainland Europe, with below-normal temperatures limited to the eastern half of Scandinavia and much of NW Russia.

“The persistence of the weather pattern since April has been rather amazing,” said Dr. Todd Crawford, chief meteorologist with The Weather Company. “The above-normal temperatures over most of the mainland will likely continue through August into early autumn, with below-normal temperatures continuing across Scandinavia into NW Russia. The significant North Atlantic blocking, which has been a near-annual occurrence over the past decade, does not appear as if it will materialize this summer, at least to any significant degree or persistence. We have no strong reason to fight the persistent pattern, although as we head into the heart of the North Atlantic tropical season, recurving tropical cyclones always have the potential to significantly disrupt previously stable patterns.”

For the August-October 2017 period, The Weather Company is forecasting the following temperatures:

August

Nordic region – Cooler than normal

U.K. – Near normal

Northern Mainland – Warmer than normal

Southern Mainland – Warmer than normal

September

Nordic region – Slightly warmer than normal

U.K. – Near normal

Northern Mainland – Warmer than normal

Southern Mainland – Warmer than normal

October

Nordic region – Warmer than normal

U.K. – Warmer than normal

Northern Mainland – Warmer than normal west, cooler than normal east

Southern Mainland – Warmer than normal west, cooler than normal east

seasonal_wsi_forecast_temp.month1-3_EUR.170718203551_400.thumb.jpg.e74acbf74710dea9deafa13d02a61d33.jpg

https://business.weather.com/news/european-seasonal-outlook-mainland-warmth-to-continue-into-autumn?utm_campaign=&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter

Posted

I can't decide if i like Autumn or not.

It's definitely the best season for photography, but I can't decide if I like the sights/colours/smells of Autumn or if they're simply evocative/nostalgic.

Modern winters down here can absolutely do one though. Dire.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold winters/Hot summers

Just watched BBC news and they had a report about a 1 in 3 chance for extreme wet weather like 2014 this is for late Autumn and in to winter, they mentioned the Super computer predicting this?

what are people's thoughts?

Posted
10 hours ago, Boba fett said:

Just watched BBC news and they had a report about a 1 in 3 chance for extreme wet weather like 2014 this is for late Autumn and in to winter, they mentioned the Super computer predicting this?

We certainly need a wet Autumn. I can't recall seeing the local reservoir so low for many a year

Posted
12 hours ago, Boba fett said:

Another autumn and winter like 2013/14?  Deep joy!! ☹️

Edited by Don
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy and frosty

I love autumn also as long as it is dry, crisp, misty and cold.  Don't like a wet and windy autumn when the leaves are soggy and wet sticking to everything making everywhere slippy.  It us a horrid job cleaning the garden of wet dirty leaves.  I think it was autumn 2009 around these parts that, as far as I can recall,  was a beautiful autumn.  I have 5 sycamore trees at the top of my garden and I was almost knee deep at one point at the top of my garden that year with beautiful crisp leaves.  In the evening I could hear the badgers and other wildlife crunching through the leaves.

• Like 4