Convective/Storm Discussion Thread - 8th July onwards

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Holy crap not bad eh ? Am well chuffed with this

That was amazing. The closest to lightning i've ever been....this was Warlingham area (Just oustide Croydon)...    

What a night it was, one of the best storms I have ever seen, maybe even better than July 3rd 2015! I some many great pictures on here today, so I thought I would share some of mine.  

Posted Images

1 minute ago, TJS1998Tom said:

This lightning show reminds me of 2015, no thunder... no rain. Just perfection. But of course it would be great to have a proper bang of thunder lol

Are you in Lincoln Tom? if so it'd make sense as to why I could see a few of those cloud-flashes earlier looking Eastwards.

Just now, SNOW_JOKE said:

Are you in Lincoln Tom? if so it'd make sense as to why I could see a few of those cloud-flashes earlier looking Eastwards.

I'm in skellingthorpe which isnt far from Lincoln. we've had some nice flashes in just a few minutes. Hoping they edge closer

• Like 1

Most lightning here is now to the west and south west; exactly where I don't want it to be as I can't see a thing in that direction due to the damn trees at the back of the house. Anyhow, got this rather impressive beast a little earlier over to the east. And yes, before anyone says, the camera internals do need a good clean.

IMG_4152.JPG

Edited by Paul Roberts
Meant to type south west not north west.
  • Like 4