Convective/Storm Discussion Thread - 8th July onwards

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Holy crap not bad eh ? Am well chuffed with this

That was amazing. The closest to lightning i've ever been....this was Warlingham area (Just oustide Croydon)...    

What a night it was, one of the best storms I have ever seen, maybe even better than July 3rd 2015! I some many great pictures on here today, so I thought I would share some of mine.  

Posted Images

Well we certainly don't have the high cloud problem of recent years. Quite windy out there too. Prefer this compared to hot still days waiting for slow moving storms to never form.

I think these are the most exciting and at the same time the worst moments. You can see it all developing on the radar, read the forecasts telling you what may happen and where and yet there is still that fear that the only action  you will see is on YouTube later! I'm hoping for some action in the C/S Midlands later, hopefully after dark. Even my kids are excited about seeing something although that will probably change when it does happen!

Leaving work in an hour and settling down to watch the NW radar.......

• Like 3
3 minutes ago, John Hodgson said:

Well we certainly don't have the high cloud problem of recent years. Quite windy out there too. Prefer this compared to hot still days waiting for slow moving storms to never form.

We have the high cloud problem here on the s coast lol 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, karlos1983 said:

Just popped outside and clouds above moving South to North, this bodes well for MBY

Sure does. I hate thunderstorms. Glad I don't live in the line of fire... Oh, wait a minute.

• Like 2

That's work finished for the day, and things are looking good for this evening! Unfortunately I'm up early so can't go chasing so hopefully the storms will come to me. :)

Hoping for it to all go boom round here tonight! I think we're in with a good chance. Glad I had the new UPS fitted at work now with what may come our way...

1 minute ago, SLEETY said:

Always get a bad headache when a storm is due,so good news then I guess:bad:

Agreed. Not much scientific proof to back this up, but i ALWAYS feel like s**t when the conditions are conducive to storms.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Azazel said:

Agreed. Not much scientific proof to back this up, but i ALWAYS feel like s**t when the conditions are conducive to storms.

Sorry :closedeyes: and the dog is starting to get agitated,always another sign a storm is coming.

6 minutes ago, Azazel said:

In other words whenever it's hot and humid? Like most of us I suspect!

• Like 3
4 minutes ago, Azazel said:

But all of the times you feel bad and a storm doesn't happen, you won't notice. Lots a folk lore and myths stem from confirmation bias. Interesting subject actually, always catching myself out with this sort of stuff. 

Its feels very humid here now. Today I got a new job and handed my notice in to my old job. Now to round the day off with a beer and a good storm! 

• Like 3
4 minutes ago, SLEETY said:

Sorry :closedeyes: and the dog is starting to get agitated,always another sign a storm is coming.

Sure you just haven't forgotten to feed him/her

• Like 1