Convective/Storm Discussion Thread - 8th July onwards

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Holy crap not bad eh ? Am well chuffed with this

That was amazing. The closest to lightning i've ever been....this was Warlingham area (Just oustide Croydon)...    

What a night it was, one of the best storms I have ever seen, maybe even better than July 3rd 2015! I some many great pictures on here today, so I thought I would share some of mine.  

Posted Images

Just now, Nick L said:

Why? Because you personally didn't get a storm?

No, because the forecast's just haven't been very good, with all the latest computers, etc, today for example, it was meant to be bright with sunny spells on and off most of the day with a slight risk of a isolated storm, and it turned out to be cloudy all day plus the local forecast, changed almost every hour, to me that is not a forecast.

8 minutes ago, I Cumbria Marra I said:

Finally a rumble of thunder

And I expect it to be the only one because the radars looking crap for here, even the rains only moderate-heavy at best, must live in the most predictable location in the U.K, no storms no snow no proper heat no proper cold, just wind, rain and a bit of sun if I'm lucky.

11 minutes ago, Walsall Wood Snow said:

Really where. Mind you you're in the far north of the Midlands so you're closer to any action there. You probably stand more chance than here in the mid Midlands.

Nothing kicking off here unless drizzle counts. Would be nice if we got a breeze as well to blow the humidity around.

• Like 1

Great footage and photos Christchurch/SS and many others..Light rain currently just starting here with low cloud.

Edited by Polar Maritime

Wow just catching up with this thread and the 35 new pages lol, but last night was the best storm we've had for years here, was reminiscent of the overnighters we used to get fairly regularly in the 90's when I was growing up.  Only got an hours sleep last night but totally worth it! Hoping we don't have too long to wait for the next opportunity, but for today good luck to all those further north.

• Like 3
27 minutes ago, Walsall Wood Snow said:

Really where. Mind you you're in the far north of the Midlands so you're closer to any action there. You probably stand more chance than here in the mid Midlands.

Was thinking about all the splodges of rain about in that area 

• Like 1