Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Convective/Storm Discussion Thread - 8th July onwards

1 hour ago, carinthian said:

Currently have a nice lightning display out towards the Italian Border country in Bolzano direction. Sat outside on the veranda watching the show. Love it on a particular warm evening. My wife thinks I am mad sat there at this time of night !

c

Can't beat a  balcony ,beer fag and thunderstorm on holiday :D

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

Tomorrow looking interesting for this area, a few hundred j/kg of CAPE around so it should be a classic PM sunshine and showers day hopefully. Steering winds back SSWerly during the afternoon so hopefully there'll be enough of a land track to kick things off west of the M6 as well. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Just heard a rumble of thunder. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk
11 minutes ago, matt111 said:

Just heard a rumble of thunder. 

Confirmed.

Screenshot_2017-07-30-00-25-04.thumb.png.d1f5a77fbedd80d0fb4f2b38cd3aa473.png

Heard a distant rumbling too.

There was some pretty heavy rainfall too. More in the last hour than all of yesterday.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Some really heavy rain here over the last 10 minutes or so and 6.8mm so far in less than half an hour. No more thunder though.

Posted

Strike showing in the channel now as well.

Edit: A few more appeared. 

Edited by matt111

Posted

insane rain in Essex atm - heaviest rain I've ever seen I think - like someone just opened a flood-gate above - amazing

one solitary rumble of thunder

• Like 1

Posted

2 rumbles on thunder in total - rain now moved on - but wow that was impressive

I noticed the MetO warnings were updated at 2am

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Northeasterly Blizzard and sub zero temperatures.
8 hours ago, Mokidugway said:

Can't beat a  balcony ,beer fag and thunderstorm on holiday :D

Perfect. Was out gone midnight with a nice chilled wine . Quite a show and all under a star lite night. Weird feeling.

C

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, rain, tornados, funnel clouds and the northern lights

About 2.45am I was woken to the sound of biblically heavy rain (left the windowa jar so any storms would wake me) that lasted about half an hour before dying off a bit. We then had moderate rain mixed with bouts of heavier stuff for the remainder of the night. No sparks, but it was very relaxing listening to it and it sent me off to sleep. :closedeyes:

Edited by Windblade
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, rain, tornados, funnel clouds and the northern lights

Convective weather showing some possibility again today for storm activity as well as an isolated tornado :shok:. Sorry I can't paste the forecast in, I'm on the xbox which doesn't allow copy and paste.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Northeasterly Blizzard and sub zero temperatures.
50 minutes ago, carinthian said:

Perfect. Was out gone midnight with a nice chilled wine . Quite a show and all under a star lite night. Weird feeling.

C

This picture is from the Wildschonau looking towards Niederau , from Inner Alpach. You can see the remains of last nights storm in the top far left of the picture . Hot and sultry again this morning.

C

1472774488-Wildschönau-Niederau.jpg

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, and wind storms

Nice convection this morning:

IMG_0310.JPG

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Foggy autumn days are the best! Although I does enjoy a good thunderstorm.

Just come out to clean the car windows, and I've noticed some very strong convection happening over towards the Chester area.:)

To be honest I wasn't expecting to see that... I might go for a walk with the hound after and see if I can get some photos of possible cells developing. :bomb::D

IMG_3727.JPG

• Like 3

Posted

Looking on blitzotung at last night it appears we had strikes in Dorset, just west of London (outside M25), just north of London (again, just outside of M25) and a nice little storm that started in southwest Essex and travelled all the way across East Anglia and into the North Sea. Not bad.

As for today, there's a lot of cumulus build up which is moving north easterly (in other words, the usual direction things have gone pretty much all season) at a pretty fast pace. I'm not expecting much today but we do have a small chance according to forecast so anything is possible. Good luck everyone. :)

Edited by Windblade
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Foggy autumn days are the best! Although I does enjoy a good thunderstorm.

In the past five minutes or so, there is quite a large tower gone up over the Chester area. :bomb:

Although I doubt I'll see any activity today (apart from impressive convective cloudscapes), I'd say anyone North and East of Chester could get lucky. :bomb::good:

IMG_3728.JPG

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days
4 minutes ago, Dangerous55019 said:

In the past five minutes or so, there is quite a large tower gone up over the Chester area. :bomb:

Although I doubt I'll see any activity today (apart from impressive convective cloudscapes), I'd say anyone North and East of Chester could get lucky. :bomb::good:

IMG_3728.JPG

Hi :-) I don't see why we shouldn't get lucky today, it was always looking pretty good. Steering winds look ok, especially later. 

Edited by Chris.R
  • Like 1

Posted
29 minutes ago, Chris.R said:

Hi :-) I don't see why we shouldn't get lucky today, it was always looking pretty good. Steering winds look ok, especially later. 

Hiya @Chris.R:)

Sorry, I've been out of the loop for a week, so I'm still playing catch up. :laugh:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm summers,gales, thunder lightning frosty mornings .

Mmm the BBC and met seem to favour Somerset for an hour or three as well. There were some interesting cloud set ups this morning with heat but it's just started raining now .

looking interesting further south and west of me . Looking rather lively . 

Posted

I feel like a pork pie now! lol